New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    If you frequently doing long drive in the provinces, my advise is to invest in a garmin gps.
    It will at least give you a perspective of what the road looks like ahead.
    It will also give you an idea on where is the best part of the road to overtake.
    The gps will not show you the oncoming vehicles but it will at least guide you if your making a risky pass.
    I even created waypoints of all train crossing as a proximity alert, warns me if im nearing a crossing, so I can slow down.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    If you frequently doing long drive in the provinces, my advise is to invest in a garmin gps.
    It will at least give you a perspective of what the road looks like ahead.
    It will also give you an idea on where is the best part of the road to overtake.
    The gps will not show you the oncoming vehicles but it will at least guide you if your making a risky pass.
    I even created waypoints of all train crossing as a proximity alert, warns me if im nearing a crossing, so I can slow down.
    this is a good advise. at least alam mo na kung sharp curve, long curve or blind curve ang road ahead of you. meron pa nga dyan yung sharp curve na pag nagkamali ka sa may dagat ang bagsak mo. marami na yata naaksidente dun. at isa pa nga rin ang mga railroad crossing. madalas din ako dati mag-byahe papuntang Bicol pero one time nakalimutan ko yung isang railroad crossing i planned to overtake yun pala RR crossing balik agad sa lane ko.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    tama lang ng makulong yun bus driver kahit hindi sya may kasalanan. malaki sya eh, one lane road yan. deep inside his heart, he knows he can kill kung mabilis din sya.

kahit na tanga yun driver ng everest at na miscalculate, kung hindi ganun kabilis yun bus, most probably hindi dead on the spot yun sakay ng everest, they will be hospitalized na lang. from the looks of this collision, hindi man lang sya nag menor ng konti. impact is inevitable pero hindi dapat ganito kagrabe.

so for those bus drivers out there na plying one lane provincial roads, regardless kung mahirap kayo, marginalized o mayaman na SUV na tanga kabangga nyo, i-play nyo sa utak nyo preservation of life if not minimize the severity of an accident.

and when approaching convoys of buses or vehicles from the other side, automatic yan lessen the speed coz you'll never if some drunk will try to pass. even though malaki kayo, may dala-dala din kayo pasahero. kung hindi nyo man responsibilidad yun tanga na suv na babangga sa inyo, at least be human enough to have concern sa pasahero mo.

tama lang na ikulong sya.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    tama lang ng makulong yun bus driver kahit hindi sya may kasalanan. malaki sya eh, one lane road yan. deep inside his heart, he knows he can kill kung mabilis din sya.

kahit na tanga yun driver ng everest at na miscalculate, kung hindi ganun kabilis yun bus, most probably hindi dead on the spot yun sakay ng everest, they will be hospitalized na lang. from the looks of this collision, hindi man lang sya nag menor ng konti. impact is inevitable pero hindi dapat ganito kagrabe.

so for those bus drivers out there na plying one lane provincial roads, regardless kung mahirap kayo, marginalized o mayaman na SUV na tanga kabangga nyo, i-play nyo sa utak nyo preservation of life if not minimize the severity of an accident.

and when approaching convoys of buses or vehicles from the other side, automatic yan lessen the speed coz you'll never if some drunk will try to pass. even though malaki kayo, may dala-dala din kayo pasahero. kung hindi nyo man responsibilidad yun tanga na suv na babangga sa inyo, at least be human enough to have concern sa pasahero mo.

tama lang na ikulong sya.
    if you watch the video again. the bus did try to move out of the road.. hindi ba 2 lane ang tawag sa road nga 2 way? besides i dont think the bus was travelling that fast.. kasi the damage was more on the SUV.. meaning it was travelling faster than the bus.
    i think its a wrong concept to think that its always the bigger guys fault.. based on the Filipino rule.. tama cguro talaga nga ma kulong ang driver ng bus.. kasi its only in the philippines that if you hit someone or another car, automatically your at fault.. no ifs no buts.. its more fun in the philippines..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    if you watch the video again. the bus did try to move out of the road.. hindi ba 2 lane ang tawag sa road nga 2 way? besides i dont think the bus was travelling that fast.. kasi the damage was more on the SUV.. meaning it was travelling faster than the bus.
    i think its a wrong concept to think that its always the bigger guys fault.. based on the Filipino rule.. tama cguro talaga nga ma kulong ang driver ng bus.. kasi its only in the philippines that if you hit someone or another car, automatically your at fault.. no ifs no buts.. its more fun in the philippines..
    alin video yun simulation? may dash video ba?

this sort of event can only be analyzed by the impact / severity of the accident. and from the looks of it, the bus driver hindi yan nag-reduce ng speed nun nag-approach ng curve. mas madali naman i-preno ang suv kaysa bus. pero tingin ko wala na talaga time makapreno ang suv coz hagibis din sya sa curve.

--

kung meron pwede magreklamo sa koncepto na yan, ako na yun! kasi nakasagasa na ako ng nag-50-50 na lasenggero sa highway. during the time of the accident, galit ako sa kanya kasi ang tanga-tanga nya tumawid sa main highway ng lasing. at naabala pa ako, finals ko pa yun.

and the police even sided with me coz talagang lasing sya, yun nga lang bituka nya kung san napunta sa loob ng katawan nya.

pero after that accident, I learned a very important lesson. I was the bigger one, coz I was inside a SUV, sya katawan-katawan lang. even though tanga sya and vulnerable sya, I don't have the right to take anyone's life even if it's an accident / not deliberate. kaya magmula natuto ako mag-respect ng life by at least trying to lessen my aggressiveness too.

mararamdaman mo din yan pag nakasakit ka na, and what you're made of. and from the looks of it, the ones who made that law, parehas siguro ng naramdaman ko
    Last edited by pop3corn; June 4th, 2012 at 03:23 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    alin video yun simulation? may dash video ba?

this sort of event can only be analyzed by the impact / severity of the accident. and from the looks of it, the bus driver hindi yan nag-reduce ng speed nun nag-approach ng curve. mas madali naman i-preno ang suv kaysa bus. pero tingin ko wala na talaga time makapreno ang suv coz hagibis din sya sa curve.

--

kung meron pwede magreklamo sa koncepto na yan, ako na yun! kasi nakasagasa na ako ng nag-50-50 na lasenggero sa highway. during the time of the accident, galit ako sa kanya kasi ang tanga-tanga nya tumawid sa main highway ng lasing. at naabala pa ako, finals ko pa yun.

and the police even sided with me coz talagang lasing sya, yun nga lang bituka nya kung san napunta sa loob ng katawan nya.

pero after that accident, I learned a very important lesson. I was the bigger one, coz I was inside a SUV, sya katawan-katawan lang. even though tanga sya and vulnerable sya, I don't have the right to take anyone's life even if it's an accident / not deliberate. kaya magmula natuto ako mag-respect ng life by at least trying to lessen my aggressiveness too.

mararamdaman mo din yan pag nakasakit ka na, and what you're made of. and from the looks of it, the ones who made that law, parehas siguro ng naramdaman ko
    what i meant was that on the video you can see that the bus was not on the center of his lane.. he was already moving towards the side of the road when the impact happened. i understand what you are trying to say about the bus.. pero for me the mistake that led to the accident was the mistake of the SUV that led to him being hit by the bus.. my opinion is that the person who caused the accident should be liable first and foremost before we start blaming other factors..

when it comes to pedestrians. .its always wrong if you hit them. unfortunately filipino pedestrians care more about the compensation than their life..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    pwede siguro kung hindi blind curve.......

OT:
    ano ba ibig sabihin pag nag flash ka ng headlight?..mauna ka?...or mauna ako?
    mostly kasi pag sa provinces kung sino ang naunang nag flash means siya mauuna.. pag flash siya maraming beses means pag bigyan mo na at nakaarangkada na yun...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Dyan nga ako natatakot sa concept na ganyan ng Pinoy eh. Kahit gaano ka-defensive driving mo kung may asshole naman na sasabay sayo ala rin. Kaya ganun nalang ang tapang ng mga naka-motor eh, mabunggo mo man sila, they wont be held liable for anything. Else, ikaw pa dapat magpagamot kapag nagka-injury siya even if it's not your fault in the first place. At pwede ka pa kasuhan. IMO this thinking is crap. The bus driver was just earning a living, it's a blind corner, no matter how slow the bus entered the curve mali pa rin ng Everest yun bec. He's the one overtakig and he's overtaking on a blind curve for god's sake. It's all too late for the bus driver, there's no way makakaiwas sya sa ganun. No way din para malaman nya na may paparating on his lane from a blind curve.

Kawawa lang sya. Just like the driver of the truck i saw on the news months ago. Nakahinto lang sya, binunggo sya sa likod ng motor ata... Mc rider died. May kaso pa yung truck driver. Just wow

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When we saw the post crash photos, the bus clearly started to pull off the road onto the shoulder. But the everest also thought the same.

Nasa pilipinas tayo. When two objects meet head on, both should move to their right. The everest moved left. Probably seeing the open shoulder,

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    based on what you said sir otep.. the bus driver should be commended for what he did.. because if he turned to his left then he would have collided with the 2 buses that the everest overtook.. more people could have been hurt. condolence parin for the the SUV victims.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
RORO Bus and Ford Everest Road Mishap