New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't buy na since they are a private property eh they have all the rights. Kasi yes it's a private property but gear towards public/service.

Hinde naman yan parang ordinary bahay na private property talaga eh mall yan na pinapasok public.

Pwede sa bahay natin hinde tayo sumunod sa disable law like pwede walang ramp for wheelchairs but a mall kahit na privately own kailangan sumunod pa rin. So hybrid sila

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    If Robinson extended their help as claimed, jackass nga itong foreigner na ito. Remember yung bomb sniffing dog na may nakagat na customer? I think Robinson is avoiding that situation. Kung ako mall manager, I will put in writing every assistance na i-ooffer ko sa foreigner. If he still refuses and continue to protest, I will file a case againts him and let him protest in jail.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasparov View Post
    If Robinson extended their help as claimed, jackass nga itong foreigner na ito. Remember yung bomb sniffing dog na may nakagat na customer? I think Robinson is avoiding that situation. Kung ako mall manager, I will put in writing every assistance na i-ooffer ko sa foreigner. If he still refuses and continue to protest, I will file a case againts him and let him protest in jail.
    But apparently, the assistance they claimed they provided the individual seems to be half-true...

It appears that the mall did not made the arrangement for the individual to use the coffee shop (Bo's Coffee). The said coffee shop's owner claims that he offered access to his shop and free WiFi on his own accord. https://www.facebook.com/RobinsonsMa...levant_count=1

Anyway, both parties are right, IMO. The mall have a responsibility to protect their patrons, while the individual, as a PWD, also has a right to bring along his service dog (assuming that it is certified as one). It's probably a failure in process and/or protocol.

Maybe if PWDs have something similar to a senior card, where the disability and other details (including the purpose of the service dog) can be written on? And maybe make it a requirement for uncaged dogs to wear a muzzle in certain public areas?

There's at least one case abroad where a pit bull service dog attacked a terrier pet dog.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just a question hinde rin sila nag allow ng bomb sniffing dog sa mall premises nila?

Saka service dogs are not pets.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Just a question hinde rin sila nag allow ng bomb sniffing dog sa mall premises nila?

Well, yun nga. That's an eye opener for them as well. Even if gusto nilang magmatigas, na totally walang animals/pets, then they need to specifically state that even "service dogs" are not allowed para malinaw. How that will affect their relationship with the community will have to be seen.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    All this could've been avoided if mall management replied promptly to his letter on their stand.

Dumb.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    But there lies the rub. There's currently no conclusive way tell them apart (service vs pet dog) unless the disability is something more obvious or severe.

In the US at least, some people go as far as to pass off their pet dog as a service dog by disguising them with vests and whatnot.

It's a can of worms if you ask me. If Robinsons allow entry for service dogs, there's not a doubt in my mind that fakers will be abusing it.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Napaka simple ng problema na ito. Kung ayaw papasukin maghanap ng SM, dun pwede ang mga pets. Kung ako dun sa lalaki, bakit ko ipagpipilitan ang aking sarili sa Rob? Kung walang SM, maghanap siya ng aalalay sa kanya o kahit sa ibang mall na gusto niyang pumunta. Pasensya siya sa Pilipinas siya pumunta eh.

He is just soooo stupid for me...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ Baka sir may business matter sa loob ng Rob. Anyways, I think he just wanted to raise awareness here in our country for that kind of situation / condition. Parang ALS ice bucket challenge lang. Now we know na may ganung situation pala. He did well IMO. Sana lang may pumansin at umaksyon.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    Napaka simple ng problema na ito. Kung ayaw papasukin maghanap ng SM, dun pwede ang mga pets. Kung ako dun sa lalaki, bakit ko ipagpipilitan ang aking sarili sa Rob? Kung walang SM, maghanap siya ng aalalay sa kanya o kahit sa ibang mall na gusto niyang pumunta. Pasensya siya sa Pilipinas siya pumunta eh.

He is just soooo stupid for me...
    Supposedly, nag-offer ang Rob Place management ng nurse to assist him, but he refused.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast