New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gel_salazar07
    next time pag may ganyan brasuhin mo rin! lalo na pagmalaki ang dala mong sasakyan! hehehe
    Huwag. Bad yun, bad. :D Kung PUV matatantya mo pa eh. Pero pag private vehicle, you'll never know kung kargado siya. Isipin mo na lang, ampanget niya, nyahahahaha.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    eh kung taxi driver ganyan style ng driving eh tlagang maiirita ka. tapos pagnasabitan ka, kamot ulo! hahaha! saka is there such a thing sa pinas na right way of changing lanes?

Badtrip talaga yan... people hogging two lanes and whats worse is that they are slooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, lalo na yung mga calesa and pedicab, pati jeepney, minsan mga baguhan na driver, or those old, very old cars with lots of rust. I just flash my lights or honk my horn a couple of times, pero minsan la epek mga walang road courtesy talaga.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    well, sad to say mga peeps, madalang ka makakita sa pinas ng driver na merong tinatawag na driving etiquette. kahit sa pag-oovertake lang, i do believe that the proper way is kung nakapantay na sa iyo ang overtaking vehicle, you have to slow down a bit to give him chance just in case. pero marami diyan, lalo pang bibilisan para malagay ka sa alanganin. bakit ka nga ba nilampasan? either nagmamadali siya or mabagal ka. It's the same with changing lanes. not that you have flashed your signal lights (kung na-ala-ala mo) gives you the right to cut in on other drivers' lane. Road courtesy nga lang talaga ang kelangan natin, which is rare nowadays due to the traffic conditions sa atin plus the rising prices of fuel cost. hope la ako me nasagasa-an dito, but this is just my opinion.

i do believe that the proper way is kung nakapantay na sa iyo ang overtaking vehicle, you have to slow down a bit to give him chance just in case.
    I have to disagree with this bro, pag pantay kayo its up to him to slow down or speed up medyo alanganin ka if you slow down and you might pose a danger to the car right behind you just maintain your speed and let the guy who wants to change lanes do the manuevering. However if his car's nose is ahead of you thats another story.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ako pinagbibigyan ko na yun mga nagchachange ng lanes pero kung alanganin na sila tapos lipat pa sa lane mo hindi ko sila pinagbibigyan. Pag nagpumilit at balak ka niyang banggain icut ko sila para bumalik sa current lane nila. Pag traffic naman pinagbigyan ko na yun mga inilalabas ang mga nguso ng kotse nila. Mahirap na baka masabit ka pa

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    I have to disagree with this bro, pag pantay kayo its up to him to slow down or speed up medyo alanganin ka if you slow down and you might pose a danger to the car right behind you just maintain your speed and let the guy who wants to change lanes do the manuevering. However if his car's nose is ahead of you thats another story.
    i agree. when another car's nose is ahead of you and it's turn signal turned on.. that's the time that you slow down to give him space.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by burjegol
    well, sad to say mga peeps, madalang ka makakita sa pinas ng driver na merong tinatawag na driving etiquette. kahit sa pag-oovertake lang, i do believe that the proper way is kung nakapantay na sa iyo ang overtaking vehicle, you have to slow down a bit to give him chance just in case. pero marami diyan, lalo pang bibilisan para malagay ka sa alanganin. bakit ka nga ba nilampasan? either nagmamadali siya or mabagal ka. It's the same with changing lanes. not that you have flashed your signal lights (kung na-ala-ala mo) gives you the right to cut in on other drivers' lane. Road courtesy nga lang talaga ang kelangan natin, which is rare nowadays due to the traffic conditions sa atin plus the rising prices of fuel cost. hope la ako me nasagasa-an dito, but this is just my opinion.
    I had a friend who drives pinoy-style. He went to study in California. He went to get his driver's license pero pag dating sa test 3x, palpak siya. Hinde uubra mga barumbado style doon.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    when changing lanes, one should make it quick but safe. never change lanes when the car on your right/left is going at a speed that is faster than you. let him pass before you switch lanes.
    actually simple logic lang naman to eh. basta pakiramdaman na lang sa kalsada and a little respect to one another when driving. hindi kasi masyado in order ang traffic condition dito sa atin as compared to the US or other developed countries. wala kasing nanghuhuli sa mga nasa wrong lane na sasakyan (e.g. fast/slow lane, left turn only lane, etc.)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I try to very patient. Pero kapag sobrang hesitant, bina-braso ko na. He is only posing a danger to me [and my passengers] as well as to the other vehicles behind us.

Dapat layuan na ang mga ganun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
the right way to change lanes