New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last night on my way home from office, my car was hit by a speeding motorcycle, I was running 40-50km/hr along MacArthur Hi-way when all of a sudden and from nowhere (actually from behind) a reckless motorcycle hit my left tail lamp with his handle bar then went on and smash his head on the left side mirror of my car before finally crashing under a running 10 wheeler truck in front of me.

I thought the motorcycle driver was already dead since he literally went under the truck. I stopped upon seeing the driver and ask for help from the nearby bystanders, I called 117 and they responded immediately and rush the victim to the nearest hospital but unfortunately no police arrived just the Rescue unit. The 10 wheeler truck did not even notice that somebody or something hit his back, perhaps he noticed it but decided to just run.

I went to the nearest police station to report the incident. I just want to make sure that I wont be held liable if ever something happened to the motorcycle driver. I found out later that the driver was drunk driving when I went to the hospital.

Badtrip.. di ko sure kung may mapipiga ako dun sa Driver.. pero try ko rin.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    naku sir, baka wala ka nang mapipiga doon. at least ang mahalaga ok kayo sir.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Good work Sir! At least you're decent enough to even call for help. Other simply would've sped away.

As for him paying you... charge to experience.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i salute you sir.

i bet the motorcycle driver would appreciate your efforts in saving his life. although i think you wont get anything from him for the repairs of your car. he has medical bills to pay and a bike to repair. .

he has no grounds holding you liable for his injuries.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    charge the driver with reckless imprudence resulting to damage of property.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    This is the way to go, para naman maturuan ng leksyon ang mga yan.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    but in terms of monetary compensation wala kang makukuha sa driver ng motor. I've had several encounters like yours and I still end up footing the bill (or shall i say my insurance company) for my car's damages

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    bad trip nga yan. i had a similar incident na ako ang binangga ng motor. apparently nakatulog yung nagmomotor at nagveer siya sa lane ko. buti na lang talaga nakaiwas pa ko kundi head on collision. kaso tumama pa rin siya sa side mirror ko and rear door so may malaking gasgas pa rin.

so bumagsak siya sa kalye behind me and in my lane. so obviously, siya ang sumalubong. hinto ako at pagbaba ko nakita ko PULIS pala! sabi ko 'patay, may alam 'tong lusot'. 'fortunately' though, aminado naman siya. todo sorry siya and hindi naman siya nagpadala sa hospital. nagpatawag pa ko ng ambulance pero ayaw. buti rin na sprain at galos lang inabot niya. he even thanked me na umiwas ako at di ko na siya inatrasan at pinatay. ito namang mga ususero, sabi nag-oovertake daw ako. mga hayup talaga! buti nag-insist yung pulis na siya talaga may kasalanan.

in the end, hinatid ko siya sa bahay niya at nag-offer pa ko ng pera para sa pagamot niya na tinanggap naman (kapal din no? hehe). so obviously, di siya nag offer na bayaran yung gasgas sa sasakyan ko kahit aminado siyang may kasalanan (kapal talaga! hehehe)! haaaay

anyway, in these cases, charge to experience and good will na lang. hopefully magka good karma na lang tayo at sila ..... hmmm bahala na Diyos. siguro yung nasaktan sila karma na rin yun.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i don't think may makukuha ka pa dun sa motorcycle rider. but its good to know na ok ka sir.

as for the drunk motor driver, i guess he's already paid his due. RIP na lang.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    i agree with this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Reckless Motorcycle 6483 UB