New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    May mga tao talaga na ganyan, OC like me. When I look for a spot in the mall park at least one side katabi ng wall or post. D baleng malayo. Not to take sides but since you put a ding on his door irregardless kung big or small damage has been done. Sana you paid him the extra P100.00 or added 50 more at least mga P300.00 ata per din sa PDR then pakiusapan mo since sobra bayad mo baka pwede niya bantayan oto mo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2C lang...

1) He may not be aware of what PDR is. Happened to me before, I accidentally backed into a brand new van causing a slight dent sa metal nya under the bumper, naturally galit sya. I apologized and gave my contact and told him what can be done via PDR. The dent was small, about 1 peso sized, but since it's my fault, it's my responsibility to go out of my way to satisfy the aggrevated party. Told him about PDR, nagsched kami kay Rovic, and the job was done on the spot, he was amazed, we're both happy even if ako nagbayad, I even offered gas money.

With his issue of insurance etc, if he's not aware of PDR, ang iisipin lang nya is traditional pokpok, masilya, pinta. Which will cost quite a few thou din. I think it's not fair for you to think na pineperahan ka nya agad regarding that unless you clearly explained there's another option.

2) Kasalanan mo padin, kung ako may matinong oto or matinong paint finish na kotse at nading mo ako kahit gano ka slight, basta meron, mababadtrip ako talaga especially kung babaratin mo pa ako.

But in the end, hindi warranted ang pag-gasgas nya sa oto mo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    opinion lang po: hindi mai-tatama nang isang pagkakamali ang isa pang pagkakamali...

true, you are at fault and you have admitted it. but i think you may have insulted the aggrieved party by offering your help. but then again, you must have made him furious by walking away when he did name his price... but to inflict a scratch on the offending vehicle without the consent of its owner, that is a no-no...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama, whethen maliit ang damage or not relative yan baka sa tingin mo maliit pero sa kanya malaki na, and beside GF mo ang may kasalanan, so dapat ikaw ang umintindi and give in sa amount na hinihingin niya, hinde naman malayo sa binibigay mong P100, sana binigay mo na lang sa kanya extra P100 hinde ka na lang nag popcorn sa sine...hehhe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I'd have to agree with what everyone said. In my opinion, offering P100 bucks, or even double that, is downright insulting.

Not so long ago, a way older man bumped my ride and the bumper suffered a chipped paint, but no dent. I went down, assessed the damaged and was ready to settle it ammicably. He was a bit arrogant, being an older man maybe, and offered to pay a hundred bucks. That immediately got the better of me and I replied, almost screaming, "E kung ikaw bayaran ko ng isang daan at sirain ko kotse mo?". He said "e di sige, sirain mo". I throw a crumpled hundred bucks at him and grab the biggest rock I could find at that time and slammed it real hard on his bonnet. I went on my way leaving him slack jawed. Didn't see him follow.

I know it was a pretty stupid move but it could have went a totally different way if he behaved properly.

So, a hundred bucks? Please...hindi tricycle nasagi nyo. Sorry, if that came out rude. It helps if you put yourself in his shoe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P100, kulang pa yun sa gas papunta kanila Rovic kung di ka talaga Makati hehe.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    mga 500 pala dapat. kung tiga-QC ka. gas, cost ng PDR..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    And the time he have to spend in fixing or getting it fix. His biggest loss, IMO.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Iwas gulo na lang in the future.

I'm sure your GF did not do it on purpose, but try to guide her to be better aware for safety of opening the car doors, to look first before opening, then take care to open, as not to hit parked cars, moving cars, or even people who may be passing by at that moment.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselNUBI
    i saw a 2 inch scratch on my door. scartch still has tiny paint particles dangling.

i hope the owner of the honda is a tsikoteer. i would like to know what would he replied.
    baka reply nya kung sakali, "Nag-iwan ako sir ng P200 sa wiper mo...baka may ibang kumuha."

seriously, for a car lover like me, trauma pa lang tuwing makikita mo yong dent, no matter how small, di yon mapapawi pag tumingin ako sa 200 petots. kaya ako, everytime bago ko i-disengage ang central lock ng sasakyan, sinasabihan ko muna sa sakay ko na ingat sa pagbukas baka tumama ang pinto.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Rant: Arguement over a little dimple dent