New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Imagine this:

Driver: <sees a sign behind a car, text too small to read, closes in>
    Driver reading sign: Caution Student driver, This car will make frequent and sudd...
    *SMASH*

Of course if you see a sign hanging behind the back of a car you wouldn't be stupid enough to close in to read it (or are you? hehehe). Some of these signs though have tinyass text.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rst619
    parang di ako agree sa majority ah. Although tama na responsibilidad talaga ng nakabangga sa likod ung insidente, at tama rin na dapat tayo ang magbigay dahil student pa lang un, di yata ayos na lagi na lang nating pagbibigyan ang mga student drivers. I support the idea na hindi dapat pina-alagwa sa EDSA ung studyante kung hindi pa sanay. Kargo ng instructor un. Kung ako sasagutin mo ng "kaya nga dinala sa EDSA para matuto" e magpapanting talaga ulo ko. Baka magkaperwisyuhan na lang tayo.

on an extreme analogy, tutal alam ko marami nasa field of meds dito. diba ang mga intern hindi lahat pwedeng gawin kaagad? Kayo papayag ba kayo na ang mag-open heart surgery sa inyo ay isang "student surgeon"? Tapos sasabihin sa inyo kaya nga siya mag opera para matuto e? hehehe
    Your analogy is flawed. In the case of the student driver, it's up to the licensed drivers on the road to give him more margin for error. But nobody can give the student surgeon his extra margin of error (except God or whichever deity you believe in).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    Your analogy is flawed. In the case of the student driver, it's up to the licensed drivers on the road to give him more margin for error. But nobody can give the student surgeon his extra margin of error (except God or whichever deity you believe in).
    kaya nga extreme analogy e. my point is, kung hindi pa handa mag-highway, wag muna ipilit. Madali namang ma-gauge di ba? Ikaw ba nung nag-aaral ka diretso EDSA kagad? i doubt it.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kaya nga extreme analogy e. my point is, kung hindi pa handa mag-highway, wag muna ipilit. Madali namang ma-gauge di ba? Ikaw ba nung nag-aaral ka diretso EDSA kagad? i doubt it.
    Obviously, it was the instructor who made the call. Only the instructor knows the capability of the student, and not one among us knows better.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Of course not. I started in an empty cemetery so I get to know the car first.

Anyway, my point is, we never actually have all the details that occured in the collision. The experience of the student driver cannot be determined in the above posts. Hindi natin malalaman kung talagang pinilit yung driver ng instructor mag-EDSA. Besides, student driver or not, everyone has a first experience at EDSA. It really doesn't even matter if you're in a car has an instructor in the passenger seat and a big "ACME Driving School" sign in the back.

Simply put, the "student driver not being experienced enough" is NOT the best assumption in the case presented to us above.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    feeling ko ang nangyari .. sinabihan ng instructor yung student driver na .. "brake ng konti at bumibilis ka" .. usually 50-60 is pretty fast for a student driver .. pero napa-bigat yung tapak sa brake .. ka-boom ..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    learning to drive in a cemetery, thats a first hehe

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    my point is, kung hindi pa handa mag-highway, wag muna ipilit. Madali namang ma-gauge di ba?
    Speculation time:

Baka naman naka 7++ hours of road lessons yung student driver, and feeling ng instructor niya, pwede nang isabak sa EDSA. Problema kasi is subjective yung perception. The instructor may have felt that it was time for the student to try EDSA driving conditions, although not everyone may agree with this judgement. Either nagkamali siya sa pagtantya sa estudyante niya, or there might have been indeed a valid reason why the car suddenly braked, which caused it to be rear-ended by Altis123.

Alternately, it could be the instructor's fault that the car braked suddenly. I'm going by my experience with a Socialites training car (Honda City LXi) equipped with a second brake pedal on the front passenger side, enabling the instructor to hit the brakes for emergency stops.

We don't know what criteria was used to gauge the proficiency of the student in question at the time of the accident. Bast whether the one behind the wheel is a slow or fast learner, as long as there is a driving school sign at the rear of the vehicle, then the more experienced drivers should take a hint.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 28th, 2005 at 06:54 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    .. it was sunday afternoon .. so relatively moderate traffic .. best time to try out your new driving skills .. or perhaps learn some more ..

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeyman
    as long as there is a driving school sign at the rear of the vehicle, then the more experienced drivers should take a hint.
    Right

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Rant #3: Socialite Driving School