New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing
    May gana pa talagang bumalik dito si patriotic cooldude e noh. This thread will be locked because of people like you.
    It was just a motion, if people wont consider.... fine... let it be.

Mainit na kasi masyado. People view different sides of the story and in turn we end up arguing instead of a discussion.

No pun intended.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    But with no hidden agenda, what reason would multiple news sources have to report the same thing?

From Inq7 ( http://news.inq7.net/metro/index.php...story_id=74356 ), the Philippine Daily Inquirer news-site.

Unless it's in self-defense, assault of any kind is inexcuseable. I have often felt the urge to strangle an arrogant traffic enforcer, but does that make it right for me to beat the bejesus out of him? And then assault news reporters because I don't want to be in the news? Hah... "Walk a mile" in those shoes? I don't think so.

EDIT: Just read the other side of the story. Of note:

1. If you see a cop reaching behind his back for something, whatever it is... you freeze and say yes, sir. To do otherwise is suicidally idiotic, and they're lucky he had no gun and they weren't shot.

Offense is not the best defense against a potentially armed assailant. If they had a gun or knife in their face, with a witness, they could have gotten out of the situation as the complainants, and would have looked better in the esyes of the media.

2. If you're in the middle of a media feeding frenzy, I agree with what was said before. Just turn your back and don't give them the satisfaction.

3. The rash actions of the said boys in both cases lend credence to the idea that they may have been intoxicated at the time.

And yes, this thread should have been locked long ago.

Amen to that...

-ditto-

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    This thread has gone around in circles and back, causing members to turn against one another. So many grievances over what? The only sensible thing left to do is to lock this thread. We're going nowhere here.

Just wondering, should one of the party happened to be a tsikot member, would this still happen? Just thinking out loud...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dyerbz
    i don't. but i'm even more skeptical of 2nd or 3rd hand information as well as speculations posted on a public online forum.
    just message me your number if you really wanna talk with the people who are involved.. i think it will be ok for them so as you would not think that my info is nto that accurate.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooldude
    Dudes,

If you were at the scene during the incident, seeing some foreigners beating up a Filipino in your own country especially a trafic enforcer who was just doing his job. To

Think that the odds are not even... 6 or 7 is to 1.

What would you do?

I know what i'd do....... Grrrrr...

Is it bad that I love my country and kababayan?

From Dubai here
    doing his job? how can you be sure he is doing his job without even knowing the entire story.....malay mo, self defense talaga yung ginawa nung iba kaya tumawag ng kaibigan.....

just becoz you see your own "kababayan" being beaten up in his own country eh siya na ang tama at ang bumugbog ang mali......

nasa dubai ka? i hope hindi ka makipag away sa isang arabo dahil kahit mali yung arabo, ikaw ang mabubugbog kahit ikaw ang tama kung lahat ng arabo katulad mo mag isip pare.....

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dyerbz
    i don't. but i'm even more skeptical of 2nd or 3rd hand information as well as speculations posted on a public online forum.
    have you ever wondered why they beat up a traffic enforcer? hindi naman siguro classic case na pinag-tripan nila yun tao at may god forbid, pulis pa. may nag-trigger dyan.

it just so happened na mga bata pa yun mga nambugbog, I can understand their reaction. it's wrong I know, but I really cant blame them.

when I was 19 yrs. old and I was dropping off my kid brother dyan sa boni area, heavily-tinted yun suzuki samurai ko. sumenyas ako ng right signal to tell the MMDA enforcer na mag-uunload ako ng pasahero sa bus loading/unloading. sumenyas din sya na ok at naka-smile pa. when my kid brother opened the door and alighted, kitang-kita ko expression ng mukha nya. nakita nya pareho kaming bata pa at bigla kami naging Peso sign. kinukuha nya lisensya ko. ganyan ka garapal ang mga yan.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    ...1. If you see a cop reaching behind his back for something, whatever it is... you freeze and say yes, sir. To do otherwise is suicidally idiotic, and they're lucky he had no gun and they weren't shot...
    Sir niky, I agree with you on that... if he was a cop. I don't think he was a cop, I think he was one of them yellow-shirt boys. Can anyone confirm?

If he was one of those MMDA clones, I would be very defensive... these boys aren't allowed to carry weapons, so reaching behind his back initiates (to me) a situation of clear and present danger. If I could, I run & hide. If we're in each other's faces, I'll move to disarm.

Sir glenn, you the man.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
QC traffic enforcer beaten up