New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi guys,

Ild like to ask if anyone has also been receiving pro government text messages from anonymouse senders?

Sample of those Ive been getting:

"Tugon ni Gloria sa SONA laban sa kahirapan: Pagkakaisa, hindi pamumulitika!"

"Sa Pagtanggal ng VAT, mga mayayaman lang ang magiging masaya pagkat sila ang masmaraming binabayaran dun"

"Kung ano-anong sinasabi ni Bishop <forgot the name> tungkol sa presidente, pero sino itong <name of girl I forgot> na parating nakikitang kasama niya?"

Anyway, It's quite suspicious that I get these every now and then. I heard that government people have people within the telecommunications industry who spread such stuff including rumors (such as the one on Bishop whatshisname) and other people, meant to propel the gain of certain groups within the government.

Ild like to ask if anyone else has had experiences with these kinds of messages.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    di na bago yan bro! meron pa nga before na pinapakalat nila sa mga bus na nagsasabi maraming ginagawa si gma para umasenso ang mga pinoy. parang pinalalabas pa nung nagsasalita na tamad at maluho ang mga pinoy kaya daw naghihirap........

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Your taxes working.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kaya pala pinababa yung text messaging charges They can send twice the number of messages at the same cost

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Can you reply to these messages? What happens if you do?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hehehe.... ini-ignore ko na lang ang mga ganyang messages....

6610:secret:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Can you reply to these messages? What happens if you do?

I dont remember clearly if I responded to one. I think I did and I got no reply. Waste of money to reply anyway.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    if we have anti-gma text messages, then it is not far-fetched that we also have pro-gma messages. this is free country anyway.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    if we have anti-gma text messages, then it is not far-fetched that we also have pro-gma messages. this is free country anyway.
    Yeah, I know that there would be people who would be pro-GMA, of course. What I dislike though is the fact that people I dont know are simply sending me messages. I only receive anti-GMA messages (and jokes) from people I DO KNOW.

Its not exactly the contents that I dislike, its more of the concept of people I do not know sending me stuff... Much like the promos which often wake me up late at night, just to tell me I can win stuff... Or those scams which tell us that our cellphones have won cash in a raffle... The way these messages are sent actually reduce the credibility of the message whether they are pro or anti whoever.
    Last edited by webmiester; August 18th, 2008 at 05:05 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Your taxes working.
    +100 dito...
    sana ginamit nalang sa mas magandang paraan...

pero come to think of it GH... baka eto yung butal dun sa pagbenta sa mindanao ...

Pro government text messages