New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    There's nothing wrong with driving something less "prestigious". Its the dignity of having earned it as opposed to fraudulently flaunting something which you don't even own.

pink, i like this line. everytime i see anyone who i know drives a car acquired through fraudulent means, i want to throw up.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nakakatakot na ngaoyn magpaservice kung hinde mo kilala.. dapat talga un nirefer sayo na trusted talaga.. or intayin mo na lang para walang problema

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The Philstar article only gave part of the story.

Prestige Cars immediately replaced the totalled car with a similar model in better condition and lower mileage. The owner of the car was very satisfied by how Prestige cars handled the incident and he claims that he was not the source of Philstar.

The erring employee has been terminated and charges for qualified theft have been filed against him. The employee used a legitimate road test gate pass to take the car out for a Holy Week joy ride.

I think Prestige should be commended for how they handled this case. As for the employee, lets all hope he gets his due.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub
    for those new vehicles with electronic displays. hindi marereset. we are only allowed by the computer to reset it 2x, but it wont reset if the odometer has reached 100 kms.

also if you disconnect the speedometer cable on these new cars with electronic tripmeters, useless. the tripmeter will still move since it will get data from the abs sensors
    It's easier to tamper with electronic odos than you think. With the right knowledge and proper equipment, a couple of button presses and voila! I believe that is much easier than having to turn an analog odo by hand.

Electronic or computerized stuff being more secure is an utter myth. In fact, electronic odos (and other electronically stored databases for that matter) are much easier to cheat if you are knowledgeable enough about how they work. Hell, if our elections were done on computers, cheating could have taken place without any human intervention in real time (i.e. during the voting process itself!).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At least the owner was given justice. Pero tip of the iceberg lang iyan. Just go to any dealership and see what they do to your vehicle. They just use the excuse 'test drive' to use your vehicle to buy parts for other vehicles being serviced, to buy office supplies, etc.

Yung isang Kia dati pagbalik from the 'test drive' may dala nang adobo for lunch! hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    It's easier to tamper with electronic odos than you think. With the right knowledge and proper equipment, a couple of button presses and voila! I believe that is much easier than having to turn an analog odo by hand.

Electronic or computerized stuff being more secure is an utter myth. In fact, electronic odos (and other electronically stored databases for that matter) are much easier to cheat if you are knowledgeable enough about how they work. Hell, if our elections were done on computers, cheating could have taken place without any human intervention in real time (i.e. during the voting process itself!).
    Alpha_One how would you go about tampering a BMW electonic odo? Can you cite cases that the electronic odo was tampered?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    some of the methods of tampering with bimmer odos r changing out the whole gauge cluster n disconnecting the gauge from the DME. also something under the car can be disconnected n it wont register on the gauge or computer. from bimmer forums.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    deadly yan ah. tampering with the odometer. panu na yan? paano mo na malalaman kung nagamit ng iba or hindi...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tools for tampering BMW odos are also sold on the 'net as 'Service Light Reset' tools.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    tsk tsk tsk..pede gawing rent a car or wedding car(kung kulay puti ha..)ng mga mokong 'to..sa hirap ng buhay ngayon makakaisip talaga mapagkakitaan.. :seeth:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Prestige Cars story from today's Philstar