New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If you can prove that the oil leaked because the oil line at the back of the alternator got loose, and that the only person who could have touched that part was the mechanic who serviced your car last, then you have a case.

Unfortunately knowing how the court system is back there, I doubt you can get your money's worth soon enough. Good luck!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    The introduction of the small claims court is our SC's attempt to address exactly the common observation you've made about the snail pace judicial process.

As a Filipino who still have to contend with the dark realities here, can only hope that this one will work. I'm willing to sacrifice the time of my employees in order to test the new judicial experiment.

I hope that luck will not be too much of a factor, though.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    When I filed a similar case against a mechanic who installed a defective part and did not want to replace it under warranty, it was done through a small claims institution (better business bureau). Made calls and provided facsimile of the receipt. All I wanted in return was to have it done correctly with a good new part. This was maybe 2 years ago already.

But I had to intimidate the mechanic by stating that I'd have to file this in a small claims court if he does not comply, and let the bureau deal with him. True enough, they sent him a notice. He had no choice but to do it.

I know small claims courts work for this sort of thing, but I don't know how quick they are in resolving issues like this.

What did you mean you wanted to sacrifice the time of your employees?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Intentional or not. Possible nga na mangyari ung ganyan.

Mahirap talaga kapag di nababantayan ung quality control.

If you have time to sue them.. do it.

Overhauling an engine is no joke. Laking gastos nyan.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    mbeige - the subject vehicle is being used by our family business and since I don't think it's economically practical for me to personally attend to the case, I plan to assign one of our staff to attend and gain experience. I will just provide advise and direction.

kiper - mahirap establish kung intentional kaya civil case na lang. Kapag may intent dapat kasi ang kaso criminal case na malicious mischief. Higher ang standard of proof para maka-kuha ng conviction. Although, mas konti gastos sa lawyer pag criminal case kasi yung fiscal ang hahawak ng kaso. Pero dahil meron ng small claims court dito hindi na rin masyado kailangan ang lawyer dahil may ready made form na para sa complaint tulad din sa labor cases.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    How about regulation car mechanics?
    Eyes on the road by Andy Sevilla of Business Mirror

I THINK it’s about time that local government authorities began regulating the services provided by mechanics of auto shops.

Just like other professionals whose performances are scrutinized, the authorities should look into how motorists can be protected from so-called mechanics, who have no actual schooling or experience in servicing the cars of today.

There are too many motor shops these days and car owners should be protected from “fly-by-night” establishments manned by inexperienced mechanics with questionable backgrounds. Because of the lack of qualified car mechanics (most of whom are now going abroad to look for greener pastures), car shops are forced to hire inexperienced workers who undergo in-house training under the tutelage of other mechanics (some of whom are also inexperienced).

With the local government authorities looking into the qualifications of these people, cheating and “half-baked” service can be minimized.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posssible M.O. of unscrupulous mechanics