New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which car do you most often see speeding on the expressway?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Econo cars (Jazz, City...)

11 8.94%
  • Midsize cars (Lancer, Mazda 3...)

22 17.89%
  • Executive saloons (Camry, Accord...)

12 9.76%
  • Sports cars (S2000, Lancer Evo, Impreza...)

21 17.07%
  • SUVs (Fortuner, Pajero...)

47 38.21%
  • Luxury Cars / SUVs (S-class, Range Rover...)

11 8.94%
  • Trucks and Buses (expressway, so PUJs prolly dont apply)

61 49.59%
  • MPV / AUV (Revo, Crosswind...)

14 11.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    IMO, it is not the car that is dangerous - it is the driver behind the wheel. As I've said so many times here in this community: the car is just a tool and as with all tools, it is ony as safe as the person who is using the tool.

One may be driving a dilapitated PUJ on the expressway buyt strictly adheres to rules and exsiting laws - and knows the limitations of his vehicle, IMO that driver is less dangerous that a teenager or speed junkie driving a Merc whos snaking and tail-gating all the way, making the road unsafe for fellow motorists.
    korekek

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by poochie_albert View Post
    Pero eto lng and view ko sa mga rumaratrat. Well to the enthusiast na rumaratrat like there's no tomorrow anyway.(including bus drivers and truck drivers who know their vehicle like tha back of their hand)

They think they know their car and it's capabilities. And most of the time they do. They also think that they know the minimum capabilities of the cars they encounter on the road. And most of the time they're right. But they almost always forget that most of the time, the other drivers don't know what they know.
    Good point... I never thought of it this way. Makes sense, pero still doesn't excuse their maniacal behavior... Even if you're well aware of the limits of yours and every other car around you, it doesn't mean you have to drive AT those limits.

And that's from a fellow teen driver

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    for me, buses are the most dangerous cars in the expressway. trucks and jeeps are slower than buses because they often carry heavy loads. Wala pa akong nakikita o nasasakyang bus na matino magdrive anywhere.

Share ko lang, I almost lost the most important person in my life because of a bus! My mom was cruising along nlex that time at around 70-80kph lang then suddenly a bus hits her from behind! kaka-overtake lang nung bus from another car then boom! buti napunta si ma sa inter-islands ba un tawag dun? and buti nagstop yung car. just a few meters away, possible na malaglag ung car dun sa parang cliff. Kwento ng mom ko, Hindi daw sya nakita nung driver. But the passengers in front saw her. ano ba yun! I was so thankful na mababait mga passengers and pinatigil nila yung bus to check my mom. Imagine the impact it caused. Nawala trunk ng sasakyan(89' midnight blue mitsu lancer). sobrang yupi. Bulok pa naman car namin dati and walang airbags. God is so good talaga. My mom came home without a scratch. the car was the only thing harmed.

Bus drivers are often reckless for me. as well as other PUVs. kaya yun. Isip ko na lang ganun talaga dito sa pinas. Ingat ka man sa pagmamaneho, delikado ka pa rin.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last December 2 (Sunday) me nakasabay akong Ferrari black saka Lancer evo silver nag hahabulan sa NLEX. Hanep talagang tumunog yung ferrari.... kaka mangha.

...kaya lang , para silang mga ahas dun sa NLEX.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Naku, kakasabi pa lang ng asawa ko

Nahuli ang sinasakyan niyang mini bus kanina. Sabi ng konduktor, nung nakaraan daw sa overspeeding. Ngayon daw ano na naman kaya? Yung pala nag babad sa overtaking lane. Pinakita pa ng nag ttrapik dun sa nlex yung video. Sabi na lang ng driver ng bus, ang galing ko pala magpatakbo

Tinry nilang suhulan. Wa epek.

One day when I was riding a bus sa nlex so a white nissan 350z. Literal na ahas sa NLEX. Walang signal signal basta mabilis patakbo left and right. Parang di siya ng immodium nung araw na yon.

Pag dala ko car ko maintain 80 -100 kph dun sa right lane sa overtaking lane. Pag lumampas ng 100 sasabihin ko, "oy mag tipid ka sa gas mo" Balik 80 ulit

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Poll: Dangerous cars on the Expressway