New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Tsikoteers fyi, read this on Manila Bulletin.

http://www.mb.com.ph/MTRG2006092074559.html

By ARIS R. ILAGAN

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has issued strict guidelines for the proper display of Land Transportation Office (LTO) vehicle license plates in an effort to curb incidents of criminality in Metro Manila and other critical areas.
    Deputy Director General Avelino Razon Jr., PNP deputy chief for administration, said in an interview that they have received several complaints regarding the proliferation of plastic license plate covers that are heavily tinted, making them almost unreadable even from within a short distance.
    Such kind of plastic license plate covers were being used by criminal syndicates, particularly carjackers, in their illicit activities, Razon said.
    "We have been receiving reports that criminal elements have resorted to using these tinted LTO license plates. We are going to be strict against these illegal plate covers," Razon said.
    Also, other owners of vehicles with tinted license plate covers use the scheme to evade apprehension on violation of the vehicular volume reduction scheme which is more popularly known as the "odd-even" traffic law.
    According to the PNP-Traffic Management Group (PNP-TMG), the recommended guidelines for the proper display and use of regular LTO car plates are as follows:
    - The regular plates should be displayed as it is and should not be covered with glass, plastic, acetate, wire mesh or other coverings, which may make letters and numbers unreadable.
    - Regular plates should also not be tampered, altered, or painted with other colors other than the authorized original paint color.
    - The regular plate should not be placed on top of other foreign car plates such that other numbers or letters of such foreign car plate are made to appear as part of the regular LTO plates letters and numbers.
    - Commemorative plates should not cover (be superimposed over) the regular plates but may be displayed on top or below the regular plate using different plate holder or frame may be displayed on the front windshield or placed on top of the lower right corner of the dash board.
    Razon asked motorists to strictly adhere to the PNP guidelines on the proper display of the LTO license plates to avoid inconvenience of being flagged down by authorities, specifically on police checkpoints.
    Also, the PNP is strictly implementing the "No plate, no travel" policy in all police camps nationwide as part of its intensified anti-criminality campaign in the country.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung GTi type kaya pwede o bawal?
    paging fafa miks...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I agree with most of this but that "no plate, no travel policy" should be limited to vehicles that are more than six months old. Unless the LTO and the PNP finds a way to speed-up the release of license plates for new vehicles, then they're arguably denyin new vehicle owners from using their automobiles all because the LTO, the PNP and some other organization are not efficient enough to release the new license plates before the new vehicles leave the showroom

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I wish for the strict implementation of these guidelines. On my way to work this morning, I've seen vehicles with no plates, with tinted glass/plastic covers, dirty plates.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    goodbye na din pala ang euro plates..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Agree ako with these personal comments:

- The regular plates should be displayed as it is and should not be covered with glass, plastic, acetate, wire mesh or other coverings PERIOD.
    Wala na ito -[ which may make letters and numbers unreadable] - subject pa sa interpretasyon iyan.

- The regular plate should not be placed on top of other foreign car plates PERIOD. Wala na ito -[such that other numbers or letters of such foreign car plate are made to appear as part of the regular LTO plates letters and numbers.] - subject pa sa interpretasyon iyan.

- Commemorative plates should not cover (be superimposed over) the regular plates but may be displayed on top or below the regular plate using different plate holder or frame may be displayed on the front windshield or placed on top of the lower right corner of the dash board. - Mahirap yata ito. Anyway wala naman ako niyan

:starwars:

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    I wish for the strict implementation of these guidelines. On my way to work this morning, I've seen vehicles with no plates, with tinted glass/plastic covers, dirty plates.

Same here j_avonni. Inabuso ng todo ng mga motorista ang plaka ng mga sasakyan. Ito pa naman ang paraan para sa pagkakakilanlan ng mga sasakyan kung mayroon anumang paglabag sa batas trapiko.

:starwars:

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    even clear glass which protects the license plate?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    "Also, the PNP is strictly implementing the "No plate, no travel" policy in all police camps nationwide as part of its intensified anti-criminality campaign in the country."

Eh bakit yung black E-150 ni Angela Arroyo (wife ni Mikey), isang taon na "Ford Pampanga" pa rin ang plaka.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    guilty ako dito, i installed a tempered glass din, light green ang naging effect. i use it for protecting the plates kasi madaling mabura yung paint ngayon. iwas yupi na rin.

readable naman sya from mga 50 meters sa umaga and mga 15-20 meters sa gabi.

eniweis, subject to interpretation na nila yun. i hope di nila masyadong pagdiskitahan yung mga malinaw ang plate covers. yung talagang heavily tinted na lang...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
PNP Issues Strict Guidelines on Display of License Plates