New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    something's not quite right...explain something to me: why would anyone try to extort, of all people, a fairly well exposed celebrity? she has a showbiz gossip segment on tv, for pete's sake! they would've known the kind of sh!tstorm they'd be in if she got pissed.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    something's not quite right...explain something to me: why would anyone try to extort, of all people, a fairly well exposed celebrity? she has a showbiz gossip segment on tv, for pete's sake! they would've known the kind of sh!tstorm they'd be in if she got pissed.
    Di naman. Like I explained, given that the car was probably hydrolocked, it's possible that the bill might reach 300,000 pesos if it's quoted in all original parts + labor.

Most likely, yung under-the-table agreement means that the SA will give her surplus parts... racket on the side... not extortion. Still not good.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    point is, hindi sila magdadalus dalos when treating a well-exposed celebrity; they would've done everything by the book, bend over backwards, maybe even throw in some serious freebies. baka me libreng plugging pa sila sa show niya B).

methinks baka di lang sila nagkaintindihan as to what needs to be done; oo na lang ng oo ung client(coz nagmamadali nga) tapos nagulat na lang sa ginawa sa kotse. throw in some creative license and you got yourself a story

imho, the dealer should have offered her a ride(in a car, to the studio, you perverts!) in their company car, just to generate some positive P.R.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most likely, yung under-the-table agreement means that the SA will give her surplus parts... racket on the side... not extortion. Still not good.
    Happens to me a lot when I'm slinging parts at the dealership (usually for trim parts). Laki din ng natitipid ko dito. Unfortunately, hindi nila dapat sinusubukan ang mga ganitong offer sa mga walang alam sa sasakyan. Otherwise the client might misinterpret the gesture.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Happens to me a lot when I'm slinging parts at the dealership (usually for trim parts). Laki din ng natitipid ko dito. Unfortunately, hindi nila dapat sinusubukan ang mga ganitong offer sa mga walang alam sa sasakyan. Otherwise the client might misinterpret the gesture.
    Exactly what I think happened... he thought he was being helpful... (baka yung 50k, pambili ng mga surplus parts?)... when in fact, ang pinaparating niya, overpriced ang casa?

But this is all a guessing game. Di ako yung nag-pick-up ng tsikot the other day, so I wasn't able to look or talk to anyone... I'll be able to go on the 26th, I guess.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    its time to call in the non-motoring journalists and lawyers. It'll will be a field day! ... the motoring journalists, on the other hand, would probably turn a blind eye on this (if they will want their annual freebies from Ford and associated companies like Mazda).
    Hit the nail right on the head!
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; December 24th, 2006 at 07:35 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    lets wait and see, for the meantime lets give em the benifit of a doubt... if its proven that this SA is doing some hanky-panky, then best concerned group should be informed, actions should be taken and we can kick the SA where it hurts...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    according sa aming bubwit:

Ms. Baranda's Ford Escape was heavily damaged due to the flood water that got into the engine. For Ford Alabang to get a complete picture of the extent of the damage, it is tecnically basic to open the engine of the TOWED unit. The price quoted was inclusive of engine block, some parts and labor.
    change engine!!!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Hmmmmmm 300K?
    Baka naman pang down na to ng bagong escape, napakamura naman?

Sorry OT hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CEREAL_KILLER View Post
    according sa aming bubwit:

Ms. Baranda's Ford Escape was heavily damaged due to the flood water that got into the engine. For Ford Alabang to get a complete picture of the extent of the damage, it is tecnically basic to open the engine of the TOWED unit. The price quoted was inclusive of engine block, some parts and labor.
    change engine!!!
    Well, if this is the case, then it must've been indeed Hydrolocked, and, as per Niky's estimate, P300K may be (ehem) on the money. This is now turning out to be a big "He said, she said" affair. I wish Ford will come out with an official statement. Though Phoemela may have her own points, it's in ABS-CBN's character to add more (ehem again) buzz to this topic.

But like what OTEP said, if the Plan B the SA was proposing, or was supposedly proposing, was out of good will (additional pogi points?), he should've better explained the situation, or perhaps shouldn't have given the option at all since the customer isn't much of a car techie.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Phoemela Barranda and Ford Alabang