Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LOCATED AT
    153-F G. ARANETA AVE. QUEZON CITY PHILIPPINES
    CONTACT NUMBER
    +63 2 716-6546
    Photo from internet:

I went there last June 24, 2011 to order a set of custom made floormats for one of the cars. Universal floormats don't fit well enough. When i arrived around 9am, I asked the sales clerk if they still make custom made floor mats and she said yes but the tailor is not yet there. and will arrive later so I went to the G&S Auto Supply in Kamias first (a good shop) to get my cousin's Ford Escape fixed as well as do some errands in between. When I came back to Philbest a little after 1pm. I saw that the owners were there already. The husband told me that the tailor had left for home already [I would love to have that tailor's working hours] and I would have to come back the next day to get my car measured and get my mats. When I told him that I was there earlier and his sales clerk told me to come back later, he frantically started to measure my car along with one of his staff and then they suddenly left [presumably to go their 'supplier/tailor'] without even showing me what the measured pattern looks like. How courteous of them! So, do I wait for them to come back or do I just come back tomorrow? Even the sales clerk didn't know. So she makes a few phone calls and told me that I can wait for my mats. Sure enough after an hour or so the owner comes back with my mats but they did not put the heel pad on the driver's side. His alibi is that there is no heel pad with my car's logo in the supplier's shop and that I can just come back tomorrow. So why the hell did you make me wait if I you are still going to make me come back there tomorrow? And I've been interacting with the industry long enough to know there are 'generic' heel pads with no logo on them. What does he think of me? Some auto ignorant fool? Again his car suddenly leaves and I wait for another half an hour.

And when the mats finally come, the heel pad doesn't even catch my heel! It's so far forward that my heel is still contacting the mat and I'm gonna punch a hole in the mat in no time for sure (that's what heel pads are for).

When I complain to the owner, he doesn't even apologize for wasting my time or for his inferior product. He just asks me to leave his shop and go away. Talk about great customer service...

Madami na kong nabiling items sa shops nila kahit hindi nila ko kilala and I think I deserved better treatment. To prevent more conflict I just drive away. Bahala na karma sa kanila.

I guess he doesn't know how much business I've brought in for shops that have been good to me [e.g. Mang Mario's, Jemson's, G&S Kamias, etc.] and that I'll speak my mind out for crappy ones like his shop. Buyer beware should apply in this case.

P.S. Their shop is located beside Araneta Car Accessories (the one owned by Jeff Tan and another good shop to deal with). I actually saw sir Jeff pero hindi ko na siya nabati kasi mainit na ulo ko. Unfortunately, Jeff's shop doen't do custom mats.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    puso mo doc otep. hehe.
    thanks for the heads up.
    sayang sana nga meron na lang sina sir jeff (got some foglights before sa shop niya for the hummers.)
    =)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Nagcanvass na rin ako diyan before while waiting for my speakers na maikabit nila Jeff Tan.
    The owner doesnt even know the prices of his items. I asked for an RPM gauge and it took him several minutes before deciding on the price, nung nagtanong ako ng same item sa kabilang shop, he overpriced the item ng about 1,000 pesos.
    Buti na lang at nagtanong tanong pa ako. So better beware nga sa shop na to.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I don't know about mr. otep, but in my experience as one of Philbest Gen Mdsg.'s customers, I have yet to encounter a bad service from them.

If my memory serves me right, wasn't it raining that time in question? Maybe he might misunderstood the sales clerk or that due to the situation that day, may be there was a simply miscommunication from both sides.

Philbest in my opinion is not only one of the few outlets that caters custom made matting in the area but lots of stuff we car owners need, only a few installs, or give service such as Philbest.

One of the thing I really come back for are the matting itself.
    Different choices, custommde built for your car and accommodating, one of the few places i can get good service.

hope you guys can work it out.
    Mike Tan

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I don't know aboout Mr. Otep, but as one of Philbest' customers, I have yet to experience getting bad service from them.

Very few outlets that gives good service for installation as well as custommade mats, they are one of the best I have met. Their matting is one of the reason I always come back for, besides a lot of different types and choices.

By the way, wasn't it raining cats and dogs that day? Maybe a factor with regards to their situation that day? Just a thought.

In any case, maybe just a miscommunication between them.
    Hope you guys work it out.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sun and the beach!!! markado ka na nakanangteteng...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha! I know this store! I'm friends with one of the owner's in-laws.

And yes, I also don't go back there. Bad service.

Kung may pina pakabit ako, kinakausap ko un installer, dine deadma lang ako. It's only natural for us na busisiin un ginagawa nila sa kotse natin diba? Nireklamo ko 'to sa friend ko, ang sabi sa akin, ganyan daw talaga mga yan.

Before, nag pa tint ako. 3M. Full front windshield. Ang dumi ng trabaho, nag kalat un liquid sa dashboard, un tira tirang tint and un back film nya naka kalat lang sa loob. After nya mag install, basta nalang umalis, hindi nag sasalita un installer. Parang nag walk out lang. Tapos na trabaho nya. Ni reklamo ko din un.

I would understand kung bulok talaga yun nakukuha nyang installers. Na iintindihan ko naman na minsan may mga ganyang tao naman sa mundo.

Pero eto un nag trigger sa akin na hinding hindi na ako babalik sa kanila.
    Un 3M full front tint ko, may defect sa tint. Hindi sya bubbles lang. Defect talaga. So reklamo ko sa friend ko. Alam nyo ang sinagot sa akin? i cu cut nalang daw un defect na part at mag lalagay ng tint sa defective na part. The defective part was let's say about the size of a normal palm. Imagine? Mag bubutas ng square tapos tatapalan lang? The mere suggestion was very insulting already. Nag bayad ako ng full windshield tint tapos may butas at tapal ? Syempre hindi ako pumayag. The next suggestion nya naman is cut the right side of the tint and replace it. So may hati vertically in the middle. Kakapikon talaga.
    Ayaw ko magalit sa kanya. Sabi ko nalang, Pre ganito nalang, bigyan mo ako ng onting discount nalang sa binayad ko, then quits na. Kahit na Php500 lang.
    Ayaw nya. So sabi ko, o sige. Then i left. That was around 5 yrs ago. Never went back again.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Mukhang nasa lahi nila bad service ah.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yung mga installers kase sa area na yan hindi sa shop mismo i mean per project ang bayad kaya no controll yung may ari ng shop, pero sa mga bad service na shop tulad niyan iwasan na lang madami nman shops na maayos kausap.

lahat naman tayo nagkakamali pero ang pinagkaiba kung paano i hahandle ng may ari ang bulilyasong trabaho ng shop niya

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    huli mo sir DF?!!! hahaha! natawa ako dun...

huli ka balbon! sa presinto kana mag paliwanag.

Saving the business i suppose.

Black and Yellow.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Philbest General Merchandising [car accessory shop]