New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAA73 View Post
    naalala ko tuloy yung isang lalaki na sige ang babay sa sakay ng bus sa glorietta, di nakita ang bus stop sign sa sidewalk...ayun...sakto sa poste ang mukha nya.
    #BoomPoste!

Quote Originally Posted by ADAA73 View Post
    dito sa amin, pinakahate ko yung tumigil ka na para makatawid tapos maglalakad pa ng mabagal...buti sana kung kaaya-aya sa paningin...tsk

tapos di man lang mag papasalamat

isa pa yung mga tsuma-chacha pag tumawid

i usually give way to pedestrians kasi ang kapatid ko hirap tumawid...
    Agree with this. Inabala ka na dahil sa biglang tumawid na wala sa lugar/oras, pinagbigyan mo dahil aabutin talaga sila, tapos sila pa ang magpapabagal pa ulit! Hinayupak! Tama, kung maganda sana ok lang, pero puch* feeling pa tong mga ito!

May isa akong nakita minsan, nagtetext habang tumatawid. Di man lang sumilip kung pwede tumawid at may mga sasakyan. Binusinahan nung kotse sa harap ko, nagulat! Sayang, maliit lang busina niya, sana sa akin tumapat.

When I cross the street, kahit nasa pedestrian lane o wala, I try to get away as quickly as possible. You'll never know what can happen with the numerous 1diots at the wheel nowadays...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Yung mga tumatawid na sa kabilang side tumitingin imbis na sa lane mo

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It's hard for me to get mad at pedestrians, commuters, or jaywalkers. I've been taught and raised to be considerate to those on foot.

Dickhead drivers on the other hand..... they still make my blood boil. Like last night for example. Headed home from the mall, some kid in a Lancer kept tailgating me even when there was room for him to pass on the other lane. I changed lanes and he followed behind. He was obviously targeting me and I have a big pet peeve with that.

Finally, I decided to get on the freeway and just punched it. I left him behind, far behind. He was just a dot on my mirror. But, he was still trying and eventually pulled up behind me again. I finally decided to slow down to 30 mph (in a 65 mph zone) and he finally passed me. I'm already pissed off. So, I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. I pulled up behind him and turned on my brights. He tried to run. But, if he wanted to get away, he should've bought a better car. I stayed behind him until he pulled out on the next exit.

Stupid kids. Just because they see a grandpa car doesn't mean they can have their way with their 4-bangers. At least mod the thing with a turbo or something.

Sorry for the OT part....
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 6th, 2014 at 12:07 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pedestrians who walk in the middle of the road, as if they owned it... uncaring of motorized traffic..
    pedestrians who choose to walk on the road, when a perfectly serviceable sidewalk is just a few feet away..
    Last edited by dr. d; August 6th, 2014 at 12:56 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    pedestrians who walk in the middle of the road, as if they owned it... uncaring of motorized traffic..
    pedestrians who choose to walk on the road, when a perfectly serviceable sidewalk is just a few feet away..
    hahaha! i remember many years ago my uncle was driving a toyota fx and i was at the passenger side. there was this group of 4 guys walking in the middle of the road. when we approached from behind 3 of them clearly heard us since they went to the sidewalk. one kept on walking even after being called by his 3 companions. my uncle honked his horn but instead of moving to the side he looked at us, made sure he was centered in front, slowed down AND GAVE US THE FINGER! so we were there patiently following him but we already had a plan. i opened the window and had my spartan sandal on the ready. as soon a the road cleared my uncle went to overtake him with the pedal floored. as we passed him i gave him a good smack on the back of his head with my brand new spartan bwahahaha! he fell down of course, like a knocked out boxer. his 3 companions, instead of going after us, were rolling on the sidewalk laughing hahahaha!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Basta ako, when in pedestrian mode, i do try to cross streets as fast as possible -- respeto din lang sa fellow motorists.

The way people cross streets these days....makes you wonder how they survived to adulthood

Yun isang uncle ko naman, walang sinasantong pedestrian. i never want to sit on the front seat pag siya nagmamaneho :D

One time on the way home, i saw this Chinese/Korean couple attempting to jaywalk across Buendia, just as the light turned green. They tried to run, but nearly got hit by an MC. Parang natulala yung dalawa as they walked slowly to the center aisle.
    Last edited by badkuk; August 6th, 2014 at 10:43 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    hahaha! i remember many years ago my uncle was driving a toyota fx and i was at the passenger side. there was this group of 4 guys walking in the middle of the road. when we approached from behind 3 of them clearly heard us since they went to the sidewalk. one kept on walking even after being called by his 3 companions. my uncle honked his horn but instead of moving to the side he looked at us, made sure he was centered in front, slowed down AND GAVE US THE FINGER! so we were there patiently following him but we already had a plan. i opened the window and had my spartan sandal on the ready. as soon a the road cleared my uncle went to overtake him with the pedal floored. as we passed him i gave him a good smack on the back of his head with my brand new spartan bwahahaha! he fell down of course, like a knocked out boxer. his 3 companions, instead of going after us, were rolling on the sidewalk laughing hahahaha!
    Serves him right. Sa kalye na naglakad, gumitna pa, and worst of all, he had the gall to flash the middle finger! WTF was his problem?!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Dapat sir simigaw ka ng "THIS IS SPARTAN!" sabay hataw.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^ Hehehe, wala pa yung palabas na "300" nun, fx ang ride namin so 1997-2000 yun.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Pedestrians etiquette: what you hate the most.