New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray333 View Post
    If you have a right to be there without the hindrance of the law, by gosh you can be there.
    SAUDI nga e. walang law dun pag di ka taga dun, kasalanan mo lagi. sus ginoo, by gosh naman!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    SAUDI nga e. walang law dun pag di ka taga dun, kasalanan mo lagi. sus ginoo, by gosh naman!
    ah ganun ba. di pa nakakapunta dun eh. sorry naman.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Double post.
    Last edited by niky; July 13th, 2012 at 12:14 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray333 View Post
    Those are clearly accidents. It's a different situation knowing your drunk but still proceeded to drive. Knowing that your driving but still could not wait to send or read a text message.
    Uh. Nobody but the most hardcore of drinkers knows when they're drunk.

There's a very small window wherein people will admit they're too drunk to drive. If you've had just three or four drinks, you are not yet staggering but already incapacitated... Your reactions will be slower and your ability to avoid accidents will be impaired. But you will not think you are drunk. You won't feel tipsy and you will be able to walk straight.

If you've had several, you may be willing to admit you are incapable, because you already have trouble walking.

If you've had more, you are now at the point where you are way too drunk, but no longer able to tell that you are drunk.

-

And this will vary depending on your body mass, physical condition, how much food you have in your stomach, and what time of night or day it is. A big guy like me won't hit that first stage until after eight or nine drinks on a good day... And won't hit the second stage until over a dozen. On a bad day, just two drinks will get me to the first stage.

Hindi naman lahat ng tao professional tomador. And even those who are don't always know whether they've reached their limit or not. I know a guy whose one and only accident happened after someone else spiked his drink. Did he know he was drunk? Nope.

Do I condone drunk driving? No. But the problem is we live in a culture that promulgates the idea that it's okay to drive after just two or three beers. Really, it's not. Because after the first two or three beers, your judgment as to whether it's okay to have another two or three before driving home is impaired. Add to that the problem that after just those two or three drinks, that person is already an accident risk due to impaired judgment and reflexes, even if he can drive in a straight line.

If your solution to drunk driving relies upon drunkards being sober enough to realize they're drunk, then there's something wrong with your solution.

Solution? Ban alcohol. But obviously, that would be a very unpopular move.
    Last edited by niky; July 13th, 2012 at 12:19 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    standard allowable is .05% alcohol content..merong iba zero tolerance talaga basa above 0 dale ka na.. pero as Niky said.. depends on your body mass.. a 90lb person will hit .05% on 1 bottle of beer while a 200lbs person can have 3 bottles before hitting that.. kung hindi nila kaya i ban ang alcohol.. dapat gawing law na may breathlyzer sa lahat nang establishments na nag se serve nang alcohol.. gawin nilang requirement pag kuha nang permit.. pwede naman tong may bayad parang pay phone.. para people can check if they are fit to drive.. sa australia may mga ganito.. nung sobrang lasing namin nag hit nang .08 to .09 yung kasama ko.. we had to wait for 1 hour.. tapos hilamos nang hilamos and inom madaming water and coffee.. para mapababa namin sa .04% bago kami umuwi..

pwede dito sa atin... 10 pesos kada gamit siguro.. parang ganito..

surprisingly.. sabi dito sa wiki.. .05% din ang allowable dito sa Pinas..

Blood alcohol content - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ pag learner or unde P plates ka palang...dapat 0 tolerance..pag nahuli ka tanggal licensya mo..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    surprisingly.. sabi dito sa wiki.. .05% din ang allowable dito sa Pinas..

Blood alcohol content - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Imagine that... of all the people who rant against drunk driving... I wonder how many have driven home on that same 1-3 bottles of beer?

I'm pleasantly surprised that the law actually agrees with me on the legal limit... because it really does make sense that at that point, even if none of us would actually consider ourselves anywhere near drunk, we are already a danger to others on the road.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I know a guy whose one and only accident happened after someone else spiked his drink.
    Na-vetsin? Baka tambay ng beerhouse yan.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nope. Party. Had beer. Unfortunately, it was beer spiked with Tanduay. Got "I don't know where the heck I am" drunk off of just a few mugs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Pedestrian critical in San Juan accident.  (Involving Montero Sport)