New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Kung ako yan, aabutan ko sila ng 200 at sasabihin mag taxi nalang sila.

Hindi na nila naiisip na mahiya dun sa may-ari ng kotse.
    Dapat talaga magkaroon na ng gamot para sa kapal ng mukha e.

Sakin naman nagpapahatid dati ang mga classmate ko. 3 sila kaya ok lang at mapapalayo lang naman ng 1km. Yun nga lang hassle kaya nung last day ng school tinanong ako kung dala ko yung oto. Sabi ko oo. At humirit na naman na may maghahatid nanaman daw sa kanila sa terminal. Sabi ko sakanila "Ayoko na. Bigyan ko nalang kayo ng tig 7 pesos each pamasahe" na pabiro. Hindi umepekto. Talagang nung uwian na sabi sakin "Tara na uwi na tayo".

Noong first time ko nga magdala ng oto gusto pa magpahatid sa bahay. Sabi ko hindi ko kabisado daan at mapapalayo ako. Sa kabutihang palad bumaba sa terminal.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "you insult my car. you insult me. please get out."
    unless, of course he's a car nut like me. then it's just friendly banter.
    This is how my friends and I treat each other. Insults left and right pero all of us have rides.. kaya its understood that ita friendly banter. car pool kame pag may boys' night out at salit salitan sa gamit.. one time its my ride, the next time its my friend's and so on. Pero ang rule lang is, your car, you drive, your gas. Parking sa mga pasahero haha!

Samsung N9005 powered by Smart posted using tsikot mobile app

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NiCe2KnowU View Post
    mukhang may tinamaan yata ako ditong mahilig sumabay ah
    hehe mababait lahat mga ka opismeyt ko kahit ako din naman eh haha
    kaya lang hindi ko ugali humingi ng pabor or tulong kahit maliit na bagay
    iba iba ugali ng tao kaya malay mo baka may nasasabi din sayo.
    magbasabasa kangalang dito sa thread na ito dami na same experince tulad sa akin :hysterical:
    eh kung bente petot lang nman pamasahe e di mag tricycle nalang
    ano ako sosyal kelangan pa ihatid ng car wew sarap kaya mag commute
    tapos may katabi kang chix :hysterical:
    so... ano ba talaga? ganun sila o hindi? gulo mo sir. hehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Basta maganda ok lang sa akin maghatid kahit sa langit pa. Pag pangit, meron akong ibang lakad.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    This topic hits a raw nerve in me. This is one of my biggest pet peeves, the so called "pasabay".

It is in my character not to cause inconvenience to people. As such, I always bring my own transportation. The reason why I learned how to drive at a very young age (16) is that I am somebody who hates waiting up. I need to come and go as I please without regard to others. And then come these people, the "pasabays". In principle, "pasabay" is okay as lang as you do not cause the car owner any inconvenience all all.

Here are some rules that "pasabay" should follow:

1. Don't make the car owner wait - I have this pasabay male officemate who has this irritating habit of making me wait. Those who work in the CBD know how ten mins can make such a difference traffic wise.

2. Don't impose on the drop off location - know the car owner's route and choose a drop off point that will not cause the car owner to deviate from his normal route. My officemate previously mentioned chooses a drop off point where public transpo is available, and we all know what this means - traffic. The reason why I bring my car everyday is so I can control my route so this really pisses me off!

3. Be mindful not to cause any harm/damage to the car - I can't help but cringe every time the door gets slammed hard and when the matting gets out of place. I'm not the obssessive compulsive type, I am just a person expecting common courtesy.

4. Do not violate the car owner's personal space - changing the car stereo or the aircon temperature and vent. Always ask the owner's permission first or better yet always assume that the owner minds.

5. Do not volunteer another person's car - I hate being put on the stop by third parties saying "o ihatid mo na si" esp if this comes from a guy. This happened to me once when a male officemate has this brilliant suggestion since my female boss and I live in the same city that I should just bring her home. It's totally out of the the way, it's dark going to and from there, it was past 3 in the morning. My safety was put on compromise. I wonder my Dad would have reacted had he heard this guy suggesting that I be the one to take our female companion home instead of him. And to add insult to injury, he also made "pasabay" WOW. Chivalry is so DEAD. Just because I have a car does not automatically mean that I will be safe at all times.

6. Be courteous - if you're going to make "pasabay" for a long trip, have the courtesy to offer to pay for toll, parking or even gas. Most likely the car owner will not take your offer, but extending courtesy is much appreciated.

7. Don't make pasabay smelling like cigarettes or food - I keep my car smelling new and I am even mindful of what I purchase so that the smell does not stick in my car. It infuriates me when somebody makes pasabay and stinks of cigarettes

These are things that I wish I could tell people but I could not. It's just not in my character to tell people off so I end up being abused by people who have total disregard or are ignorant of decorum. I don't have any problems in my inner circle as we all follow these rules, it's mostly with people that are just acquaintances that give me trouble.

I also noticed that common violators of these rules are people who never owned a car. They do not know how it feels like to be on the receiving end of "pasabay".

It is simply disheartening that common courtesy is not that common. Sometimes I would like to know what goes on inside the heads of bastos people. Are they even aware that they are violating us???
    Hi there maam Cathy. With due respect, can I have your permission to post your comment on "pasabays" in facebook? You really hit the point!
    Just so my "pasabay" classmates ay tamaan. Hope you won't mind. Tia

PS. Sorry sa double post

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by usernames View Post
    Dapat talaga magkaroon na ng gamot para sa kapal ng mukha e.

Sakin naman nagpapahatid dati ang mga classmate ko. 3 sila kaya ok lang at mapapalayo lang naman ng 1km. Yun nga lang hassle kaya nung last day ng school tinanong ako kung dala ko yung oto. Sabi ko oo. At humirit na naman na may maghahatid nanaman daw sa kanila sa terminal. Sabi ko sakanila "Ayoko na. Bigyan ko nalang kayo ng tig 7 pesos each pamasahe" na pabiro. Hindi umepekto. Talagang nung uwian na sabi sakin "Tara na uwi na tayo".

Noong first time ko nga magdala ng oto gusto pa magpahatid sa bahay. Sabi ko hindi ko kabisado daan at mapapalayo ako. Sa kabutihang palad bumaba sa terminal.
    uso na to ngayon sa eskuwelahan. kung sino ang may kotse sa barkada/classmate automatic na drayber kaagad pagka uwian na. minsan magpapahatid na nga lang, makikialam pa sa mga gamit na nasa loob ng kotse.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LLOY View Post
    uso na to ngayon sa eskuwelahan. kung sino ang may kotse sa barkada/classmate automatic na drayber kaagad pagka uwian na. minsan magpapahatid na nga lang, makikialam pa sa mga gamit na nasa loob ng kotse.
    o kaya magiiwan ng kalat like balat ng candy. walang pakialam sa may ari ng sasakyan basta maka libre lang sa pamasahe. mga +*r*n+*d0

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *henyomzky, yes you may.

Please credit or cite tsikot.com na rin

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippo21 View Post
    This is how my friends and I treat each other. Insults left and right pero all of us have rides.. kaya its understood that ita friendly banter. car pool kame pag may boys' night out at salit salitan sa gamit.. one time its my ride, the next time its my friend's and so on. Pero ang rule lang is, your car, you drive, your gas. Parking sa mga pasahero haha!

Samsung N9005 powered by Smart posted using tsikot mobile app
    Well, even talking among car nuts, you still have to say it in a way that's not offensive. Of course, a good friend will not think any less of you if you mention something that he could take some offense to, pero kung parating ganun ang banat mo, sablay ka din.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Well, even talking among car nuts, you still have to say it in a way that's not offensive. Of course, a good friend will not think any less of you if you mention something that he could take some offense to, pero kung parating ganun ang banat mo, sablay ka din.

Well, true... were childhood friends so i guess we know each other well... may mga known defects na kasi ung cars namen na known sa isat isa so thats the uaual de facto na pangaasar... my friends vios has arthritis, my rolla doesnt havr the prettiest exterior while 2 others havr radiator problems.

Pero to be fair, the comments arr conatructive like when i had my brake pads replaced, one of my friends noticed kailangan na ng brake system flush... ayun sinabi naman nya...

Sorry for the off topic post :P

Sent via N-9005 powered by Smart