New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I'm just wondering why didn't he take his photo equipment with him? Is the bag too large? Mahirap bang dalhin? I'm sure he must have his reasons. I'd never leave something like that in the car, kahit pa dito sa garahe namin naka-park.

Not to defend parking lot entrepreneurs, but I believe what we're paying for is space, nothing more. Throw security into the mix and it probably won't be profitable for them anymore, not unless they jack up their prices to cover their insurance costs.
    Well, in hindsight, he should've brought the bag with him, or if he had to keep it in the car, somewhere not as easily visible or accessible.

I don't think you can totally take responsibility away from parking lot owners. Perhaps if you were running an un-cemented open parking lot, then talagang park at your own risk. But if these owners have the funds to cement and cover real property and badge it a parking lot, they, too, have to make it relatively safe. It would be a plus if they had the funds to have a roving guard around, but perhaps constructing a perimeter that would limit people from passing through unchecked, or a single entry/exit would help secure the parking area.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    they say yan mga nanguguha sa ortigas eh dito din sa Internet binebenta ang mga "goods" nila. babalik din sa kanila yan maybe not now, but maybe sa mga kamag-anak nila na magkakasakit

my accountant once told me a story about a BIR Bldg in the QC area. pina-bless 5 times yun buong RD ng BIR ng bldg na yun kasi parang may supernatural daw yun bldg., like minamalas yun mga BIR emps, namamatayan, nagkakasakit mga family etc. etc. hindi nagtagal at umalis na lang buong RD

now that they transferred to a new bldg, ganun pa din ang inaabot ng RD na yun. puro kamalasan sa pamilya.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    +1 on this.

That's why when I have to leave my laptop in the car, it is in the trunk area and is fastened to a tie-hook via a laptop cable. Then I also lock the glove compartment so that they can't pry away important documents such as the OR/CR of the car.
    Same here, in this day and age, I guess it's a big no-no to leave something as valuable as a laptop or dSLR in your car. But then, whatever happened to the Senate bill that was trying to make the parking lot owners/management liable for any loss in your car?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    I don't think you can totally take responsibility away from parking lot owners. Perhaps if you were running an un-cemented open parking lot, then talagang park at your own risk.
    Actually, Park Plus and most other parking establishments in Ortigas ARE uncemented. Some are overlaid with gravel, but that's about it. And most have no fences or fences that are virtually useless. I park there everytime with no expectation of security. Sucks, but what else is there?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
park plus parking lot in ortigas