New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Ito mainit-init pa, just a few minutes ago. I was crossing a pedestrian lane at Makati Med with my wife and several other people on my left ( I took the leftmost portion to protect them from motorists) when a metallic blue honda civic blared its horn at us.

I wasn't really surprised but I was irritated coz there are several signs there saying "Give Way To Pedestrians" and "No Blowing Of Horns". So I pointed to the pedestrian lane to remind him.

He again blew his horns loudly and I saw him shouting something at me, mouthing the words " P*tang*n* mo!"

Hay naku, and you looked like he had an education pa naman.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    Ito mainit-init pa, just a few minutes ago. I was crossing a pedestrian lane at Makati Med with my wife and several other people on my left ( I took the leftmost portion to protect them from motorists) when a metallic blue honda civic blared its horn at us.

I wasn't really surprised but I was irritated coz there are several signs there saying "Give Way To Pedestrians" and "No Blowing Of Horns". So I pointed to the pedestrian lane to remind him.

He again blew his horns loudly and I saw him shouting something at me, mouthing the words " P*tang*n* mo!"

Malamang sa alamang, late na kaya nagmamadali. Hay... Basta nasa makati ka, makikita mo lahat ng uri ng motorista. Looks can be deceiving. hehe

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002

haaay pet peeve ko rin yan. lalo na kung hindi naman sa intersection yung ped lane. rarely do motorists slow down sa ganyan. at kahit nasa kalahati ka na bago sila dumating, bubusinahan ka pa parang ikaw pa ang mali or minamadali kang tumawid kahit na may mga sasakyang padating sa kabilang lane. utak biskwet mga ganyan. iniisip ko na lang sana may ma encounter silang kapareho nila kapag sila naman ang pedestrian.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003

should have given the dirty finger hahaha joke lang

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    There are a lot of motorists who are annoying imbeciles. But there are also a lot of pedestrians who are, too. Either they trudge along like window-shopping tortoises in the middle of the pedestrian lane despite the lights already having changed without even paying any attention or they act like stupid jackasses sprinting through the lane despite the fact that the cars had already started to move. (Special mention to the morons who cross the Recto/Morayta ped xing.)

It'll be the best for all parties if jaywalking rules are enforced strictly and traffic signals are to be installed on every pedestrian crossing so that idiot motorists cannot have any excuse to not give way.

Government morons always want to emulate more progressive countries, no? If so, then change traffic laws in such a way that there's no liability or penalty for motorists who accidentally hit any idiots not crossing on pedestrian lanes or crossing on the wrong signal. At least this way, it'll force the pedestrians to always pay attention.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    yep...may mga motorista talagang sarili lang ang iniisip...
    dito lagi sa may libis(dampa sa libis)may mga nakalagay na ngang signages na CAUTION PEDESTRIAN CROSSING...tapos sa mga motorista parang balewala lang sa kanila ..kung tatawid at medyo lokoloko driver ikaw pa bubusinahan at magsasalita pa ng hindi maganda,minsan may manduduro pa..haaayy

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Just last night, at the stoplight near the tri-corner of JP Rizal, Makati Ave and Burgos going to Mandaluyong bridge, a bunch of individuals of the 3rd *** suddenly walked across our lane just when our light turned green. There was a long line of them, around 7 or 8 people spread out in a line. So we waited, but instead of them hurrying up because it was OUR light that turned green, they just traipsed along like they were window shopping. Some of the cars behind me started blaring their horns so I blinked my headlights (didn't toot the horn) to inform the pedestrians that they had to hurry up as it was our turn to cross. Imagine my horror when one of them, big, brawny, and heavily-made-up, stopped in front of us, raised one of his eyebrows and started shaking his booty to taunt us. The horror!

I didn't know if I suddenly wanted to commit homicide (can I claim temporary insanity?) or if I wanted to commit suicide (the shame! the shame!)

Anyway, he was pulled away by one of them and we finally managed to cross. But really, i don't know what emotional scars have been inflicted on my psyche as a result of that horrible incident.
    Last edited by digitalron; March 3rd, 2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: corrected some spelling errors

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *digitalron:

Well, you could claim that you were given a severe psychological trauma by the sight that you accidentally put your foot down to reel back in horror.

No wait...are you driving a Toyota? Then you can even claim it's the defect that caused it.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post

I didn't know if I suddenly wanted to commit homicide (can I claim temporary insanity?) or if I wanted to commit suicide (the shame! the shame!)
    Homocide siguro?

Sa Pilipinas naman kasi, para sa mga driver, finish line ang pedestrian lane. Para sa mga pedestrian naman, parang "base" sa agawan base.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Lagi talaga ako naiinis sa mga driver na ginagapang ang pedestrian lane kahit na marami pang tumatawid.. Everyday ako tumatawid sa corner ng ayala ave and gil puyat. Laging may ugok pakanan ng Buendia coming from Ayala na dahan dahan iaabante ang kotse kahit may mga tumatawid sa harap nya! tsk tsk tsk

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Para saan ang Pedestrian Lane?