New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Good explanation

If i got this correctly, Yebo's argument earlier in the thread, and my argument against the MMDA TE and the unmarked back-up vehicle i got into an accident with before has good basis (i'm on EDSA and the vehicle i tangled with went straight out of the u-turn slot at considerable speed and blocked the entire two lanes under the flyover, without slowing down)?
    you have the law on your side. When I think of the driver, I believe we have good lawyers in the PAO. The defense is so simple...I just hope the taxi driver qualifies as indigent litigant.

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mika_23 View Post
    I hope na marming maenlighten sa mga kababayang natin nagmamaneho sa langsangan ;-) .
    I just found it odd for people who may be similarly situated with the taxi driver to be embracing imprisonment...tsk...the law has been in existence for so many years and yet people tend not to know..."Ignorance of the law excuses no one". This is also a legal provision. It is not just an adage but a legal provision. Laws should operate to our advantage when we are in the right. If we immediately ascribe liability to the pitiful taxi driver, then ignorance, I should say, is still prevalent even in this age of the so-called modern tech.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wei View Post
    Its hard to say since di ko alam kung naka green light ba yung sa side ng taxi o walang traffic lights dyan? But nagtataka lang ako sa taxi kung bakit di nalang sya nag menor o switched to the other lane slowly para iwasan yung SUV. Sa bansa natin, insisting on your right of way all the time while driving is a recipe for disaster, especially sa mga motorcycle riders na mukhang ang alam lang ay paandarin yung motor at walang alam sa road rules. defensive driving dapat.
    eto pa isa o. sige nga try mo umiwas kahit 60kph lang takbo mo. volunteer na ako, ako yung mag-u-u-turn at ikaw ang sa taxi. pero imbes na suv e bulldozer dala ko. tignan natin kung magtaka ka pa.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    kaya siguro gumawa na lang ng simple rule "kung sino bumangga, sya may kasalanan"
    Iyan ang malaking kag*guh*ng "batas" sa ating kalye.....

(But has some 'degree' of wisdom, IMO....Here's an example,- while I was riding in a vehicle with a couple of class-colleagues in the US, in a one-way street, we chanced upon another vehicle who was driving in the wrong direction. The other passenger was egging our driver to "hit him... hit him... hit him" as we could rightfully claim insurance as we were following "traffic rules", while the other vehicle obviously was not....

17.8K:snow:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    Very well explained atty. only shows that there is a very large gap between law making, law interpretation, and law enforcing.
    It's high time to upgrade the qualification. This is the reason why I do not give any policeman a passing grade if he does not in fact pass the examination I administer. They will soon have the rank of "major" so the requirement to be intelligent becomes more stringent.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    Saka sa mga pro SUV since the start of this thread!(grin)

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    And the ability of some lawyers/lawmakers to twist the law .... (especially when money is involved) .. no pun intended.
    I think we make a distinction. Lawyers are deemed advocates. Our appreciation of the law is varied and this makes lawyering interesting. Advocates convince the judge to interpret the law according to how the suitor appreciates the law. Then the judge weighs. Trial becomes so interesting when the lawyers are all prepared. Further studies, preparation, and the love for the law makes one an advocate. Hence, not all lawyers are advocate. This, the people should also know,-know the difference.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sa video parang ang unang intention ng taxi pumunta sa middle lane

kaya lang since yung SUV occupied the middle lane instead of the left most lane muna, by the time nag decide yung taxi to go to the left most lane (and since mabilis ang taxi), nag pang-abot na sila sa middle lane

ganun yata nangyari
    Last edited by dfopiso; January 9th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Quote Originally Posted by fanboi View Post
    Pangalawa, turo kasi sa iskul ko na kulay blue e dapat mag gather ka ng detalye base sa facts at hindi sa kuro-kuro para maging tama ang kungklosyon
    Sayang, magandang pag-uusap sana ito ng blue at maroon... :peace:

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Reminds me of the guy na nagkamali ng timpla ng gas sa traffic, sa katangahan niya, inatrasan niya ko habang naka stop ako. Pag baba declare agad siya na kasalanan ko daw dahil ako nasa likod. Ok lang siya? Yang mga bulok na pag iisip na yan ang dahilan bakit may dash cam na ko sa sasakyan.
    Nangyari na rin sa akin iyan some years ago. Inurungan ako ng jeepney driver, tapos ako raw ang may kasalanan.... Hay naku!...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Sayang, magandang pag-uusap sana ito ng blue at maroon...
    It already is. Yebo is a fellow Maroon, I believe.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    It already is. Yebo is a fellow Maroon, I believe.
    You're right bro.

Hindi nga lang nasundan after that....Or, nakita ba ito ni bro.yebo?...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ UP diliman. di na ako pumupunta dun at baka bawiin nila diploma ko.

ateneo? pumupunta lang kami dun nuon para magbasketball. other than that it is a totally useless waste of real estate.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Aray ko po!....

Pero, in our case, hindi iyang hacienda sa Loyola....

Last edited by CVT; January 9th, 2013 at 02:29 PM.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
pag salpok ng taxi sa suv, sino may mali?