The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Nako, magkakasundo talaga kayo ni LSB. :D

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    eto pa isa o. sige nga try mo umiwas kahit 60kph lang takbo mo. volunteer na ako, ako yung mag-u-u-turn at ikaw ang sa taxi. pero imbes na suv e bulldozer dala ko. tignan natin kung magtaka ka pa.
    The topic is about the SUV and a Taxi, and what I'm saying is that the right lane was free from any vehicles at the time they collided. Even if a collision between them was inevitable, based on the video, I think if the taxi driver had slowed down and moved to the right, the damage could have been minimize or avoided. At that taxi's speed, I don't think sudden braking would have saved him from that collision unless he moved to the right. Again, I'm not blaming any party as I'm not familiar with what the traffic light's position was at the time of the accident. Bulldozer? that Land Cruiser is nowhere near the size of one. you're implying that it was impossible to avoid the SUV? assuming you were right, braking suddenly and moving to the right would have minimize the damage at worse. Having driven for the past 18 years regularly on our roads and having encountered such situations myself, I think that might work.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you're correct. "might". unfortunately in this case it did not.

view the video again. the taxi was coming from the left lane, he veered to the center lane and was halfway to doing that (the taxi was in between left and center lanes when it hit the suv). but the suv also moved to the center lane instead of staying on the leftmost lane. there was no way he could have avoided the collision.

18 years driving experience? lamang lang pala ako sa iyo ng 10 years. nothing to brag about, really.
    Last edited by yebo; January 9th, 2013 at 06:41 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think there's also a railing on the right side of the road if you look at the video closely. The taxi won't have enough leeway to high tail it to the rightmost lane without hitting the railing.

- - - Updated - - -

I think there's also a railing on the right side of the road if you look at the video closely. The taxi won't have enough leeway to high tail it to the rightmost lane without hitting the railing.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    yung harang ng yellow lane? meron nga yata.

- - - Updated - - -

yung harang ng yellow lane? meron nga yata.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    yup may railing pa dyan.. kaya nga kung mag u U-turn ka dyan and head to Araneta Center thru that railing aalanganin ka.. approximately less than 10 meters lang layo ng U-turn sa simula ng railing. Kaya si SUV lipat agad sa middle lane eh.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    yup may railing pa dyan.. kaya nga kung mag u U-turn ka dyan and head to Araneta Center thru that railing aalanganin ka.. approximately less than 10 meters lang layo ng U-turn sa simula ng railing. Kaya si SUV lipat agad sa middle lane eh.
    That's why it is best to wait for the edsa lane's red light. There's really no point in hurrying up unless you have a really bad LBM problem. hahaha

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    yung post ni fannyboi, di ko na sinagot OT na daw sabi niya. siya na din sumagot ng sarili niyang post, gather and evaluate the facts daw. e ayun na nga facts sa video, material evidence na yun. skul na blue, ano yun skul ng mmda enforcer?
    yebo di na kita papatulan baka san ka mapadpad.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ooooh! i'm pissing in my pants already! wala naman takutan pare, forum lang to pinepersonal mo. pikon ka naman, di ka tatagal sa alaskahan sa gilid ng main library nyan. i know naman you'll read my comments, i'm just teasing you hahaha!

Q. bakit atenean lagi napipikon sa mga taga UP?
    A. kasi di sila pumasa sa upcat.

o magalit ka na naman, joke lang!
    Last edited by yebo; January 9th, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    you're correct. "might". unfortunately in this case it did not.

view the video again. the taxi was coming from the left lane, he veered to the center lane and was halfway to doing that (the taxi was in between left and center lanes when it hit the suv). but the suv also moved to the center lane instead of staying on the leftmost lane. there was no way he could have avoided the collision.

18 years driving experience? lamang lang pala ako sa iyo ng 10 years. nothing to brag about, really.
    I'm not bragging about it, What I'm implying is that if you've driven that long, your instinct under that situation would have been to brake hard and steer away from the object in front of you instead of just relying on your brakes.

pag salpok ng taxi sa suv, sino may mali?