New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aNthraxx View Post
    *SaberRider

We dont need to argue about corruption, we know what it looks like in its many forms. I mainly reacted to your choice of words to describe the service of Govenment officials which is all encompasing and im guessing here you also mean un elected ones and i quote "Remember, being a govt official is a life of servitude" Servitude here is not to be confused with service, servitude means slavery, in effect what your saying is to serve in government is to abandon your own pursuit for happines, which is what servitude is all about.
    Look, the reason why I chose that word is because we know that the govt doesn't even lead a life of service towards it's people. How do I specifically know the details? Simply because my family works in an International Firm that monitors such behaviors from different govts. Ok, simply put what would you rather have? Would let the govt let the people be the one doing the servitude? Or would you like it otherwise? Honestly, the whole world knows that our govt has been bathing in taxpayers money for so long that they forgot what "public service" means. So I guess if you want to let them open their eyes and do what they're obligated to do then let them be in the same situation as our Juan Dela Cruz, being deprived of all liberties, rights and opportunities because that's what's happening right now, that's servitude. I know your rebuttle will be like "everything in life isn't fair" that's true but it's our govt's job to at least give Juan Dela Cruz a fighting chance diba!? And not them wallow in luxury at the taxpayer's expense.

Sa govt nga natin walang transparency. When they were ordered to show their statements of assets eh they either were against it or when they showed it ang daming mga loopholes. Ika nga, kung ayaw eh maraming dahilan pero pag gusto maraming paraan. Don't you also notice that when our politicians get elected and enter "public service" eh dun pa nag sky rocket ang mga assets nila. Daig pa ang isang multi-million lotto winner. It's either a) nagkataon lang it was the same time they founded a good start up business or b) you know, the typical.... corruption, pork barrel..etc..etc.. Kakapagtaka kung ganun ang biglang yaman nila kasi nakalagay naman sa Constitution naten ang salary ng mga govt officials naten up to the President. Galeng nila, 1000% annual growth sila! NOTE: not all govt officials are like that, just want to make that clear! May mga decente naman.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    Woah, a P1.5 to 1.8mil Starex VGt. Syempre happy kayo eh bago eh. I should know I own a silver Gold trim. Darn, I hope you REALLY "SAVED" money because at that price range you could've easily purchased 3 or 4 2001 model Hiace which is easy to check if they're in good running condition. Madali lang naman mag inspect ng pre-owned eh. In regard to using said vehicles kasi you complained na parating nasisiraan or mataas ang maintenance, eto lang po ang sagot ko and I think every tsikot member will offer you:

Nasa proper na pag-aalaga lang yan and proper driving habits. A vehicle won't constantly break down if it wasn't abused. Talo pa pala kita, buhay na buhay pa yung 1980 Mazda 323 namin racking up more than a million km on it and even my lolo's 1979 MB W126 whose parts are rare eh ok pa rin. NOw, if your said vehicles were trashed around on a weekly basis like in a scene in World's Most Amazing Police Chases then I'd believe you.

And why does it mostly have to be a luxury trim the govt needs to purchase? Ano sila, artista? If they want a fuel efficient, powerful compact sedan then let them purchase a CRDi Hyundai Accent. That's more than a match to beat 1.8L cars on the market. Btw, since I'm an owner of a Starex Gold VGT I can tell you right now that your term for it being "fuel efficient" is very contradictory to what I'm experiencing. If you're going to claim a 13-16km/l fuel efficiency on the Starex which is a 2200+kg 5 speed A/T vehicle then I'll just laugh. I can barely squeeze 8.5km/l on this behemoth.

I can understand the feelings and thoughts of indignation. Government agencies tend to abuse. It is good to hear criticisms as they will make agencies accountable. I would just like to present sa case namin. Of course, when we prepared our procurement plan, we consider all factors. Sedans and smaller vehicles cannot meet our requirements. We need a bigger vehicle (van) not only to haul people but also supplies and equipment during official activities. We cannot also procure a used vehicle (even though we liked that, more cheaper) simply because it is prohibited by the procurement law. We followed the procurement process, we publicized and advertised the invitation to bid but unfortunately, the other car dealers did not submit any bid. Probably, it is unprofitable for them since bidders must pay a non-refundable bidding documents. Additionally, prospective bidders must also submit bid bond and security of 10 percent of the bid amount. That is the reason why we ended up with the starex (not the gold variant) which meets our requirements in the service. The vehicle is not being used (or abused) ng matataas namin officials. As a matter of fact, our head (Director) seldom uses the vehicle because everytime he uses the vehicle, no matter how short the time and distance, he is deducted a day's amount of his representation and transportation allowance (RATA) per COA audit regulation. That is 300 pesos plus. The deduction may at times not justified specially if the official trips is less not 5 kilometers or even 8 kilometers. The same is true to officials given the RATA (division chiefs and including myself) As it is now, the vehicle is being used for field operations by the rank and file personnel not entitled to RATA. The observation that government offices do not properly maintain their vehicles and equipment is true. Irresponsible officials abound in the bureaucracy. On the other hand, there are some legitimate reasons. Maintenance services of vehicles and equipment are subject to the procurement law. It is a tedious and lenghty process. In our case naman, we properly maintain our vehicles. Despite maintenance, our 10 year old exceed became too expensive to maintain, parts are difficult to source, bibilhin pa raw sa Japan, etc. Kokonti lang yata ang naka exceed sa Pilipinas. Most of the time nasa talyer waiting for the parts to arrive. Our 19 year old L300 is still serviceable although because of age, it is also very expensive to maintain. It is not cost efficient anymore. Spending 50 to 100 thousand pesos (or it may even rise as it aged) per year to maintain the vehicle is not cost efficient than buying a new vehicle which is maintenance free for at least 5 years. Commission on Audit (COA) regulation even states that a vehicle orequipment 10 years and older should be dispose (bidding or other means) as maintaining it is no longer cost efficient. I am not here to defend but to present the other side. I am even thankful that these discussions crop up para naman those in government agencies shall be sensitive to the feelings of the citizens.
    I hope I have positively contributed to the discussions.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kung pupuwede nga lang i-hold ang tax remittances.... Kawawa talaga tayong mga taxpayers....

8202:sampay:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    Look, the reason why I chose that word is because we know that the govt doesn't even lead a life of service towards it's people. How do I specifically know the details? Simply because my family works in an International Firm that monitors such behaviors from different govts. Ok, simply put what would you rather have? Would let the govt let the people be the one doing the servitude? Or would you like it otherwise? Honestly, the whole world knows that our govt has been bathing in taxpayers money for so long that they forgot what "public service" means. So I guess if you want to let them open their eyes and do what they're obligated to do then let them be in the same situation as our Juan Dela Cruz, being deprived of all liberties, rights and opportunities because that's what's happening right now, that's servitude. I know your rebuttle will be like "everything in life isn't fair" that's true but it's our govt's job to at least give Juan Dela Cruz a fighting chance diba!? And not them wallow in luxury at the taxpayer's expense.

Sa govt nga natin walang transparency. When they were ordered to show their statements of assets eh they either were against it or when they showed it ang daming mga loopholes. Ika nga, kung ayaw eh maraming dahilan pero pag gusto maraming paraan. Don't you also notice that when our politicians get elected and enter "public service" eh dun pa nag sky rocket ang mga assets nila. Daig pa ang isang multi-million lotto winner. It's either a) nagkataon lang it was the same time they founded a good start up business or b) you know, the typical.... corruption, pork barrel..etc..etc.. Kakapagtaka kung ganun ang biglang yaman nila kasi nakalagay naman sa Constitution naten ang salary ng mga govt officials naten up to the President. Galeng nila, 1000% annual growth sila! NOTE: not all govt officials are like that, just want to make that clear! May mga decente naman.
    Well i guess we can leave it at that, you stated your point as i did mine. We may have different benchmarks of what was done or not done, i just dont ascribe to utopian views like "servitude to the people" because IMO it wont work. Government officials even with the best intentions in mind wont consciously or unconsciously give up thier comforts, im more of a pragmatist or realist.

FYI to everyone Philippines is 143 on the world corruption index, several notches above russia whos on 147 caveat though is Russia is considered a wealthy country a member of the G8 (they used to call it G7+ russia) this really makes you wonder at all how they become progressive.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rfgoons View Post
    I can understand the feelings and thoughts of indignation. Government agencies tend to abuse. It is good to hear criticisms as they will make agencies accountable. I would just like to present sa case namin. Of course, when we prepared our procurement plan, we consider all factors. Sedans and smaller vehicles cannot meet our requirements. We need a bigger vehicle (van) not only to haul people but also supplies and equipment during official activities. We cannot also procure a used vehicle (even though we liked that, more cheaper) simply because it is prohibited by the procurement law. We followed the procurement process, we publicized and advertised the invitation to bid but unfortunately, the other car dealers did not submit any bid. Probably, it is unprofitable for them since bidders must pay a non-refundable bidding documents. Additionally, prospective bidders must also submit bid bond and security of 10 percent of the bid amount. That is the reason why we ended up with the starex (not the gold variant) which meets our requirements in the service. The vehicle is not being used (or abused) ng matataas namin officials. As a matter of fact, our head (Director) seldom uses the vehicle because everytime he uses the vehicle, no matter how short the time and distance, he is deducted a day's amount of his representation and transportation allowance (RATA) per COA audit regulation. That is 300 pesos plus. The deduction may at times not justified specially if the official trips is less not 5 kilometers or even 8 kilometers. The same is true to officials given the RATA (division chiefs and including myself) As it is now, the vehicle is being used for field operations by the rank and file personnel not entitled to RATA. The observation that government offices do not properly maintain their vehicles and equipment is true. Irresponsible officials abound in the bureaucracy. On the other hand, there are some legitimate reasons. Maintenance services of vehicles and equipment are subject to the procurement law. It is a tedious and lenghty process. In our case naman, we properly maintain our vehicles. Despite maintenance, our 10 year old exceed became too expensive to maintain, parts are difficult to source, bibilhin pa raw sa Japan, etc. Kokonti lang yata ang naka exceed sa Pilipinas. Most of the time nasa talyer waiting for the parts to arrive. Our 19 year old L300 is still serviceable although because of age, it is also very expensive to maintain. It is not cost efficient anymore. Spending 50 to 100 thousand pesos (or it may even rise as it aged) per year to maintain the vehicle is not cost efficient than buying a new vehicle which is maintenance free for at least 5 years. Commission on Audit (COA) regulation even states that a vehicle orequipment 10 years and older should be dispose (bidding or other means) as maintaining it is no longer cost efficient. I am not here to defend but to present the other side. I am even thankful that these discussions crop up para naman those in government agencies shall be sensitive to the feelings of the citizens.
    I hope I have positively contributed to the discussions.
    I forgot to mention pala that in the procurement process, a government agency is prohibited from mentioning sa invitation to bid the car brand. Hindi pupwede na sabihin mo na gusto mo ng nissan urvan or mitsubishi L300 or hyundai starex. If the agency needs an office van, state that the vehicle is a van with the specifications and the authorized budget. It is good if many car dealers submit bids because the lowest responsive bid shall be awarded. If nissan urvan offers the lowest responsive bid, then siya ang kukunin. If only one car dealer submits a bid and it is responsive, then the vehicle shall be procured from them. Just a clarification. By the way, para sa information ng mga car dealers at sa iba pang gusto mag bid sa government procurement, the invitations to bid of government agencies are posted in www.gppb.gov.ph. Para naman may transparency.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    We have a neighbor who is a DENR official. He was issued a Mitsubishi Fuzion with red plates. Two months later, it was converted to private plates.

What gives? Do they have the privilege or option to buy their own service vehicle after a few months?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jodel View Post
    We have a neighbor who is a DENR official. He was issued a Mitsubishi Fuzion with red plates. Two months later, it was converted to private plates.

What gives? Do they have the privilege or option to buy their own service vehicle after a few months?
    whoa!? suddenly its his car? is that allowed? he bought the car issued to him? or he just changed the plates. may mga nakikita din ako dati na green plates pero red yung registration sticker? paano yun? its a private vehicle but it is registered to the goverment?

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    whoa!? suddenly its his car? is that allowed? he bought the car issued to him? or he just changed the plates. may mga nakikita din ako dati na green plates pero red yung registration sticker? paano yun? its a private vehicle but it is registered to the goverment?

If I may add a little of what I know sa ganyang situation a red plate vehicle now with a green plate is a security vehicle. nag apply ang kanyang agency ng security plate sa LTO, probably because the one using it has threats on his life or the vehicle is being used for discreet investigative work. Mahirap kumuha niyan, talagang ijustify ng kanilang Secretary iyan with the LTO. Sa green plate na may red sticker, private vehicle na probably donated to a government office.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Recently sighted a '07-'08 Ford Everest 4x4 Black always parked outside a hotel in Ermita in the morning (not sure in the evening). Also parked beside it is a Montero Sport Gen I.

Recently, saw a black Camry 3.5 Q but with a really mismatched old red plates as in "Philippines 2000" series. Could be a stolen plate or something.

O.T.
    Also saw on a '06 Vios patrol car of QC, an old red Philippines 2000 plate on a few years old purchased patrol car? hmmmm.....

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Recently sighted a '07-'08 Ford Everest 4x4 Black always parked outside a hotel in Ermita in the morning (not sure in the evening). Also parked beside it is a Montero Sport Gen I.

Recently, saw a black Camry 3.5 Q but with a really mismatched old red plates as in "Philippines 2000" series. Could be a stolen plate or something.

O.T.
    Also saw on a '06 Vios patrol car of QC, an old red Philippines 2000 plate on a few years old purchased patrol car? hmmmm.....

Marami talagang kalokohan sa ating ibang kasama sa government. Pinaparada pa sa hotel at possibly ginanagamit for personal purpose Sila ang nakakasira ng image ng gobyerno. Meron Oplan Red Plate Campaign ngayon ang Ombudsman, better i report iyan sa Ombudsman, or sa Commission on Audit or sa Civil Service Commission. Yung mga mismatched plates naman, I don't know, baka pwede sa LTO.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Our Government's ILL Fitting Choice of Vehicles