New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    In relation to the plate verification utilized by the threadstarter seconded by other forumers to check the new plate number of certain cars, does anybody know how reliable is the 2600 is in giving this information? Is the number owned and operated by LTO?

I searched the LTO website and it seems that number does not exist in said website nor LTO offer such verification service. O baka na-miss ko lang?
    Sir I think it's reliable up to a certai degree only (you can accurately get information about the last date of vehicle registration and to what type of vehicle a particular plate number is assigned).

But it is not constantly updated (the database). I remember a case of a carnapped vehicle whose plate number was checked at 2600 but the service did say that there is no LTO alarm ( i think i read it here in tsikot.com).

The fact that many motorists are not aware of such service speaks of the poor promotion and management of the said service. As sir ooba99 said, it is not even in the LTO's web site (or mahirap pang hanapin)..
    Last edited by Hanren; November 1st, 2008 at 06:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, the 2600 is not in the website, but I think I saw a poster of it in one of LTO's satellite offices (pede din nga atang pang-verify ng driver's license yung 2600), and also saw tarpaulin ads along San Miguel Ave a month or two ago. So I think they are promoting it, but since bago pa, e needs improvement pa din Hopefully LTO will continue to improve this system

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I googled "LTO 2600" and found that it is an LTO project alright. It was launched last February 29, 2008 by the agency. Will be trying it for accuracy. Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by ooba99; November 2nd, 2008 at 05:16 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Wow, you guys easily jump to conclusions. If you bought a car then lost the plate and wanted to get new ones, would you want to be judged the same way? Hindi naman parating masama ang intention ng lahat ng nakikita niyo sa daan. Grabe.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    In relation to the plate verification utilized by the threadstarter seconded by other forumers to check the new plate number of certain cars, does anybody know how reliable is the 2600 is in giving this information? Is the number owned and operated by LTO?

I searched the LTO website and it seems that number does not exist in said website nor LTO offer such verification service. O baka na-miss ko lang?

tried it multiple times on our cars and friends.. accurate cia even when it was last registered.

Dun sa mga nagche-change ng plaka, I doubt nga na for color-coding avoidance lang to. Meron something fishy yan... Most likely hot car or may balak gawing masama...

report naten na lang lagi sa 117... if nde nila actionan, wala namang mawawala sa ten kundi few minutes...

eh kung meron mangyare, nakatulong pa tayo...

just my two cents ;)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    nde naman bad ung tingin with those with new plates, pero if ung series is way too off sa model nung tsikot... ibang story na yun, unless personalized plate numbers sila..

alam ko if u lost your plates, you're just given the same numbers u had before. bago lang ung plates... i think...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You can't have the same old combination ng old plates mo with new design plates, they'll toss away the old record and issue you new ones according to the current pattern.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Wow, you guys easily jump to conclusions. If you bought a car then lost the plate and wanted to get new ones, would you want to be judged the same way? Hindi naman parating masama ang intention ng lahat ng nakikita niyo sa daan. Grabe.
    Well, on my part sir, I didn't actually say these guys who've done this (changing of plate) are bad but I think they violated some laws. Remember I checked the plate at 2600 and it came out that the plate belongs to another car-a 2008 vios AT registered last June 26, 2008. So, its quite clear to me (and to others here) that the plate was not issued to that vehicle legally. I cna PM you the plate number and you can check it out yourself but its unfortunate I was able to get a picture of the car.

I don't think that mitsu galant lost its plates and requested for a new one. There must be something more to that..

What if:

- The plate number was actually stolen?
    - the car was used to perpetuate a crime ?
    - the car bumped a pedestrian?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You have a point but what I'm saying is that it's not always the case and it seems people were generalizing most of those that fall in that category.

How accurate is that check anyway? I'm not in the home country so I won't bother to find out, but my point is hopefully people won't easily jump to conclusions. That's all. Makes for a less stressful environment.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    If you lost your original plates, LTO will issue new plates but with the same ID (identification) as the old one. Even old plates (as long as it still follows the three alphabets + three numbers combo) can be restamped by LTO. The plate design is different but the numbers and alphabet will not change.

There is no point in issuing new plate ID every time somebody supposedly loses their originally issued plates. Criminals will certainly "lose" their plates after each criminal activity they have used the vehicle with.

I have seen a 2008 Innova (pre-facelift) with an old plate series (circa 2001-2002) the one inscribed with "Perlas ng Silangan". This plate obviously does not belong to that new Innova.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Old car model sporting a "new" plate number