New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    meron mangyari or wala, kelangan i-report yan!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another plausible explanation is they are ex-government or diplomate vehicles that were auctioned off. They will have to be registered to regular private plates at the time of sale.

Recovered stolen vehicles are also accorded new plates if they are to be re-registered.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rst619 View Post
    I doubt na plate swapping lang kaso ng neighbor mo. Hindi pang kulong ang plate swapping. stiff fine lang ang katapat po nun. Baka naman talagang hot car ang gamit ng neighbor mo.

in the galant's case, sobrang obvious naman kung plate swapping ang ginawa niya, darating araw ma flag down kaagad yan for verification. Pero meron din kasi cases na identical plates are being issued to several vehicles and/or hindi kasi 100% reliable ang LTO 2600 vehicle database.
    not a hot car.. plate swapping lang between their own cars.

siguro natyempuhan lang na mainit ang kidnapping nun at alert ang tmg.. crame kaagad para maquestion sya at ang nag pyansa pa sa kanya e nanay nya..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang tanga naman nila kung mag plate swapping sila to avoid coding eh ang layo ng series sa model ng car but since based sa text mo sa LTO na the plate is originally for a Vios, mukhang tanga nga sila

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Napansin ko kaagad kasi makintab (meaning bagong bago)yung plate-For sure anyone, especially the proper authorities, can spot the immediate difference. The only thing that's new in the car (the exterior paint of the galant has faded) is the plate.

Isa pa, it was done in a brazen manner - nakabukas pa pati bintana nila as if proclaiming to the world that they could do such thing at hindi man lang sila naging discrete sa identities nila. Para nga silang nakakaloko. Palagay ko hindi nila alam na bawal yon or they might just be trying out the authorities.

IMHO, they should not get away with it - even in the guise of avoiding the number coding scheme. Kung tayo nagsasacrifice just to be able to abide by the law, dapat sila rin- all for the sake of contributing order to our streets.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJazz View Post
    not a hot car.. plate swapping lang between their own cars.

siguro natyempuhan lang na mainit ang kidnapping nun at alert ang tmg.. crame kaagad para maquestion sya at ang nag pyansa pa sa kanya e nanay nya..

Pwede nga namang gamitin iyan sa kidnapping. Lalo na kung ang nakitang plaka ng mga witness pinalitan na pala, mahirap nang habulin ang kidnapper.

At puwede ring pang-carnap, parang yung nangyari sa anak ni Chavit. Yung Fortuner na dating ZLY910 pinalitan ng sindikato at naging ZHS953.

Question, ano yung "X01" na lumalabas paminsan minsan sa LTO Plate Verification?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Anyone can request and pay for a plate that doesn't have to match the year of the vehicle. LTO charges quite a good sum of money for specially requested plates. One of my rides has a plate that I specifically requested for that matches my initials at time of purchase.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Type: LTO(space)vehicle(space)plate number
    question lang ulit: how do you type the request exactly? i tried checking using my car and plate # pero walang response from 2600. baka mali or matagal lang talaga. more than 10mins na eh. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Make sure you text [lto vehicle (plate number)] - it works for me if I use all lower-case letters

(e.g lto vehicle xsr521 not LTO VEHICLE XSR521)

hope this helps.

Cheers.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    In relation to the plate verification utilized by the threadstarter seconded by other forumers to check the new plate number of certain cars, does anybody know how reliable is the 2600 is in giving this information? Is the number owned and operated by LTO?

I searched the LTO website and it seems that number does not exist in said website nor LTO offer such verification service. O baka na-miss ko lang?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Old car model sporting a "new" plate number