New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haha... Everytime I pass EDSA-Quezon Ave, I find it fairly ridiculous... lahat ng didiretso na, nasa overpass or underpass... why don't they just re-open the damn stoplight? As it is... galing ka sa south papuntang Q.Ave... first, aawayin mo ang mga biglang galing north edsa na nag-u-u-turn papuntang Memorial Circle... aawayin mo ang mga lintek na motorsiklo na dumidiretso across EDSA kahit may HARANG. aawayin mo ang mga gagong galing Circle na dumidiretso sa GITNA ng intersection bagong mag-right, at sa mga mabait na nag-right sa tamang lugar, pero mag-me-merge left, tapos kaaway mo ulit ung mabilis na traffic galing sa north bago kang makapasok sa Q.Ave papuntang welcome.

Mabilis nga siya, pero nakaka-heart-attack naman.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    U-Turns are here to stay...

pag-aralan na lang ng tamang diskarte, parang parallel parking lang yan... at least moving traffic na, unlike noon na full stop ka talaga.

Yong mga abusadong drivers, GMA-7 pickup was even spotted using that U-turn slot at the front of Hi-Top, eh galing sila sa tunnel, maling-maling talaga. Good thing MMDA, closed that gap, yong mga cars na lang na pabalik nq Wlecome rotunda ang pwedeng gumamit dyan.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The problem with the U-Turn system is that it doesn't allow for the smooth flow of traffic. I'm more in favor of converting previous intersections into U-turn areas, as at least this will benefit pedestrians, and the sight of traffic lights will slow speeders down and make it easier for the U-Turners. All the U-Turns now are IN THE WRONG places.

Kagaya ng C5-Pasig, behind Megamall... IMHO, since there are two overpasses at both ends with U-Turns underneath, they might as well just close all the U-Turns and make the U-turners go to the ends... this only adds what? one-half to one kilometer of travel to those who want to turn? As opposed to jeeps stopping RIGHT after the Ortigas flyover and making an ILLEGAL U-Turn at the wrong gap. Pu*ng inang jeepney driver na yan, siya pang nagalit nung binusina ko siya!

The current U-Turn system worked at first, when everyone had to be polite and was learning the system, but it's just too widely abused now.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Again, let me just reiterate that im actually in favor of these u-turn thingies.

........but not in major intersections as the topic

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The U-turn was a great idea.. The Filipino driving wasn't.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kiper: Good one hehe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AMEN ako kay kiper... if only the drivers (not all) would learn how to use the U-turns properly..

1) making a U-turn and then suddenly swerving to turn at the next corner.. nde naman ganito ang gamit nito. if the corner is close to the U-turn slot.. move on to the next slot

2) kung kaya naman magU-turn at a tight angle.. gawin na.. yung ibang mga hinayupak na sasakyan.. talagang gusto pa kainin lahat ng kalsada para lang magU-turn.. tapos sabay tabi rin naman pagkaU-turn..

3) slow down on U-turns, kahit ikaw ang paliko o padiretso ka lang... baket?.. to avoid any accidents

4) always learn to look on your left and on your right.. baket kamo?.. aysows.. sa libis madalas tong mangyari.. 2 lanes making a u-turn.. the outer lane.. turns. looking at oncoming traffic... BUT.. turns at a very tight angle.. squeezing the one inside... ayun.. salpukan.. result?.. traffic jam... mga trucks mostly nakikita ko nangyayari to...

*sigh*.. ewan ko ba.. matino naman yun idea.. nasisira lang sa mga undisciplined drivers...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by kiper
    The U-turn was a great idea.. The Filipino driving wasn't.
    AMEN nga talaga!!! LOL!!!

Like I said, I felt that the U-Turn system was only effective for the first few months, then everyone just started driving the same old way...

Dapat nalang siguro may bagong system every two months... so before drivers learn how to abuse the new system... BAM!... bago nanaman! :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
No Left Turns in C5/Kalayaan???