New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    As far as I know, pag meron No Left Turn, it concurrently means, No-U-Turn.

So pag may No left turn, automatic, alam ko na di rin pwede mag-U-Turn doon.

It's like if U-turn takes two steps, if they didn't allow you the first step (Left turn), how can they possibly allow second?
    so if a u-turn consists of 2 left turns, that will mean x2 fine. hmmm ...

buti na lang hindi ganito inargue nun apprehending officer heheh

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    different or not, to me this is really just common sense. no left turn means that there's just no safe chance for a driver to turn his wheels left whether to make a u-turn or just go left to the perpendicular road.

so, kung di ka man mahuli for a "violation", you are a high risk of road accident. any which way, talo ka.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt_taga View Post
    different or not, to me this is really just common sense. no left turn means that there's just no safe chance for a driver to turn his wheels left whether to make a u-turn or just go left to the perpendicular road.

so, kung di ka man mahuli for a "violation", you are a high risk of road accident. any which way, talo ka.
    Like Comment
    [X] [ ]

Pero kung emergency talaga, pwede naman i-break ang rules diba?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^ nope. we should not intentionally break the law. during emergencies, we are (and should be) just asking for considerations to be exempted from the law.

problem is, it doesn't diminish the fact that the action is still not safe. accident-prone pa rin kase di naman alam nung ibang motorist ang emergency situation unless they all put to a stop one way or the other.

just be safe, everyone. lets not challenge the law as much as possible and practice self-preservation all the time. :-)

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    My cousin was apprehended in the US because he made a U-turn when there was a no left turn sign. My cousin of course said he didn't make a left but a U-turn. The police said "you actually made two left turns to execute a u-turn". So he got a ticket.

As far as I know only if a no u-turn sign is posted you can make a left, but if there is a no left turn sign then you can't make a left or a u-turn.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    It's unsafe and "sabagal" to make a u-turn at that area. You are disrupting the flow of traffic. I think people should use their common sense din when driving. Obvious naman na alanganin mag u-turn dun.

The officer just didn't know how to explain his side kaya pinalagpas nalang yung thread starter.

Why can't you guys just go around St. Luke's or Rizal drive if you want to go to Kalayaan?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Regarding sa u-turn sa mga no left turn roads, ginagawa ko ito sa may tapat ng Medical Plaza sa Makati. Ito yung corner ng Dela Rosa and Amorsolo streets. Kapag galing kang Don Bosco, pasok ka ng Amorsolo hanggang makarating ng intersection ng Dela Rosa, tapat na mismo ng Makati Med. There’s a big no left turn sign, pero once may mga MAPSA dun and I inquired kung pwedeng mag u-turn and pinayagan naman ako. So everytime ginagawa ko na yun kahit walang mga MAPSA. Better magtanong muna sa mga traffic enforcers sa area kung pwedeng mag u-turn before you do so.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sa Mindanao Avenue going north right where it meets Quirino Avenue meron duon NO LEFT TURN pero walang NO U-TURN.

Duon pwede kasi mag U Turn.

The same with EDSA going South at the Tuazon-Edsa intersection in Cubao. May U-Turn duon pero hindi pwede mag left turn (one way Tuazon in the first place).

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    It's unsafe and "sabagal" to make a u-turn at that area. You are disrupting the flow of traffic. I think people should use their common sense din when driving. Obvious naman na alanganin mag u-turn dun.

The officer just didn't know how to explain his side kaya pinalagpas nalang yung thread starter.

Why can't you guys just go around St. Luke's or Rizal drive if you want to go to Kalayaan?
    Hi,

afaik, hindi po siya sabagal or mag disrupt ng flow. dahil hindi sabay ang 'Go' signal for both lanes. naka stop ang kabila so its clear na pwede mag U-Turn.

from the day i have posted this question, me and my officemates that have vehicles observed this intersection since nakikita namin siya sa bintana namin and if we eat near that area, madaming sasakyan ang nag u-uturn at this slot. at the same time may mga bonifacio guards na naka tambay sa area. pero hindi nila hinuhuli.. even taxis, vans, even delivery trucks na nakikita namin.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ang pagkakaalam ko, you cannot have a U-turn if left turn is prohibited.
    Last edited by n2knee; September 11th, 2010 at 04:28 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
is a "No Left Turn" the same with "No U - Turn" ???