New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    balak daw magdemamda yong mayor ng subic dahil sa pagkamatay ng better half.
    Hope something happen.
    our sympathy to the affected families

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    imo the nlex people are not liable. it's all with the people behind the wheel.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Saw on GMA that the mayor is planning to sue the dealer of the car, he claims that the airbags didnt deploy which contributed to the death of his wife.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    steeljack, what car daw ba?

if the mayor checked the manual, the airbag is listed as only capable of triggering in SOME instances, and a seatbelt ALWAYS has to be used.

was the wife even belted that time?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vehicle in question was a Ford Everest. It was hit from BEHIND by the bus. Cabin integrity in the in the first two rows was maintained. Both casualties were seated in the back seat. The airbags are supposed to be supplemental restraints for the driver and FRONT passenger. As per initial investigation neither casualty was wearing their safety belt.

The SBMA guy who aquaplaned and rolled his Hi-Ace numerous times? He just walked away from the wreckage.

Lesson: Seatbelts work. Wear them!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Airbags DO NOT deploy when the vehicle is hit from the rear.

and my family thought i was paranoid because i also ask the middle and rear seat occupants of the car to buckle up.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also demand my passengers to buckle up. Lalo na yung nakaupo sa likod ko. Because in a crash, his/her unrestrained weight can crush me between my seat and safety belt.

Minsan sa Starex, I'm seated in the third row. Napansin ko I was the only one belted in the whole vehicle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kaya nga may seat belt para gamitin..dito sa work ko pinag kaka kitaan ko yang seat belt hehehe Pag naka huli ka ng driver or passenger na hindi naka seat belt... kakausapin mo lang then gagawa ka ng report using our very own software safety programs input mo lang yung scenario. Pera na for the next payday hehehe 5000P lang naman

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    otep: thanks.

the mayor still planning to sue? goodluck.///

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Seatbelts work. Wear them!
    I couldn't agree more. It still puzzles me why some people don't wear them. As always, nasa huli ang pagsisi.

BTW, The reason why airbags are labeled SRS (Supplementary Restraint System) is because it's not an alternative to seatbelts.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
NLEX Vehicle Smashups [Merged]