New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir, medyo naguluhan ako sa story, does this mean na the new super safari model were the last model but but pinalitan lang ng dashboard, headlights bumpers and flares? and the new super safari models na bubuohin from scratch will start this may palang?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I think what he is saying is that used unit na yung binigay sa kanya. After getting a refund, the same car will be sold as "new" to someone else.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ooops, sorry po, mali pala intindi ko,

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

How 'fresh' from the factory do you want your cars to be? Just a friendly question.

Some brand new cars can be almost a year old before being sold. But because they remain unregistered and unused (at the stockyard, shipping yard, customs, etc before landing at the dealer) they are still considered new.

And the date on the parts are only rough approximations since the parts are sometimes ordered way ahead of the actual vehicle assembly date.

I think the thread starter complaint is mainly regarding the gross misrepresentation of the unit (used/demo unit and not brand new as expected) given to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep
    alarmed I checked further and found out that the trip meter, which I didn’t reset from the day I picked up the unit doesn’t match with the total number traveled indicated on the odometer. Granted the fact that the unit was driven from the plant to showroom it would only show a +/- difference of 50kms. Using Luneta as a marker it would be 0kms and UP Los Baños is 65kms away from Manila. (Nissan plant is much nearer; you do the math)

Additional concerns
    Front bumper is not aligned properly
    Vehicle interior is dirty on some places (left side panel area hidden by jump seat, right front passenger grab handles, rear right carpet has an adhesive stain and can only be seen when matting is removed)
    I found out upon checking with other dealerships their new units have protective plastics covering the wood panel (mine had none when I picked it up)
    I also found a few coins and a used pencil and a piece of edible nut under the carpet of front driver’s seat. (not a demo unit?)

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    thanks for answering the query number001

doc otep
    with regards to the freshness of the unit;
    i wanted it not to be driven by other prospective buyers as a test unit
    i didnt wanted the unit to stay inside the showroom for long period of time (3 days is already too long for it to be inside the showroom in my opinion) granted that payment has already been made... kasi po hindi maiiwasan ipakita ito ng sales representative sa ibang prospective buyers e madalas ugali na natin madalas kahit ako na kalikutin ang lahat lahat ng pwedeng kalikutin sa isang auto na nakadisplay....so scratches couldnt be ommited if this is the case and hinged interior parts may become loose in time. 3 days is already sufficient for the car stealership to clean and put on cosmetic stuffs on a new vehicle

i know that the safari is not a fast selling unit so its perfectly fine for me that it was produced last year no biggie...

as stated on my letter i got pissed with the unexplained excess odometer reading, interior dirt loose change etc..

heres another story....
    i was not really in a hurry for a new car pero makulit si ahente....so i told him if may unit nang bago sa planta at kung mag pu-pull out ka na sabihan mo ako in advance gusto ko when the unit arrives in the stealership after nyong mag tint and detail kukunin ko na agad if you cant deliver i will be getting the car myself ......

i paid them monday march 3 (check payment) so thursday fund was already in their account friday afternoon sales agent called me
    ahente: "sir may problema po hinde po pasado sa QC inspection ang unit"
    me: bakit? wala ka bang ibang unit na mabibigay? anong problema sa unit ko?
    ahente: sir di ko alam ang detalye basta daw hindi pasado
    me: pagkatapos mo ako madaliin magbayad now you tell me walang unit? kahit anong kulay na lang basta sariwa i dont care...i did my end of the deal so now do your part!!! binagsakan ko ng fone si ahente

tumawag ako sa manager nila telling them if they dont produce a unit on our agreed date im planning to pull out my payment and get another brand of vehicle instead...dahil hindi naman ako nagmamadaling kumuha in the first place sila ang kulit ng kulit.... so the manager told me "no need to do that sisiguruhin daw nya na may unit ako sa usapan namin na release date....

few mins later the agent called me again "ok na daw lahat nag usap na daw pala kami ng boss nya basta sabi nya "hindi pasado" pero kung sinabi daw ng manager na may unit daw akong makukuha ...meron daw walang problema ...sabi ko labas na ako sa pasado o hinde basta i paid you in full and you committed to deliver e di ok....

ayun nadale ata ako mukhang demo unit inayos ayos ng konti

e nung huli ang katwiran ni ahente habang nagsosolian kami ng unit.....

"sir madalas yung bumibili ng patrol hindi maseselan sa konting gasgas at dumi kagaya ni gov ganito and general ganayan walang pakialam basta tumatakbo ang unit at sinabing bago galing sa planta ay ok na!"

ang sabi ko naman hindi naman ako governor o general....naghahanap buhay lang ako ng patas at yung perang pinambili ko ng auto ay pinaghirapan ko hindi ko pinulot o hiningi so im expecting to get my moneys worth...kung magkagasgas man ang auto o may masira gusto ko ako ang may gawa!!! sabay talikod

i will try to upload pics of the safari tomorrow pm

heheh anyway
    as ive already said everything was already settled...if sana wala silang unit talaga they should have been transparent to the buyer and offered a compromise instead like a few % off the SRP, extended service or some other kind of incentives
    im just sharing my story for information to othe prospective buyers to avoid dealing with these kind of people mas mabuti pa sa iabng stealership kayo magpunta at huwag sa crvi
    Last edited by Sheep; April 7th, 2008 at 11:17 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    mabait ka pa nga eh.. Kung sa akin sinabi ng ahente na yan, i'll the gm to let her agent to resign. Patrol yan nun.. promotion pa paman din nila diba pang boss yan.. hahahaha..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    mabait ka pa nga eh.. Kung sa akin sinabi ng ahente na yan, i'll tell the gm to let her agent to resign. Patrol yan nun.. promotion pa paman din nila diba pang boss yan.. hahahaha..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    speechless....

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    2.5m waaaaa ang laking pera nun.
    kung ako lang syempre gusto ko sulit yung 2.5m ko,
    kung maari nga lang from the assembly plant pa lang babantayan ko na yung unit ko eh
    para talagang worth na worth yung pera mo diba.

sa hirap ng buhay ngayon kahit mayaman ka pa need mo minsan magpakaselan.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I think things like this do happen most of the time even with other brands/delaer..

Thanks for sharing...

BR,
    epic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Nissan CRVi Pasong Tamo