New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    In every encounter with criminals, it's always a dilemma.

The problem with letting criminals live is that all they need to do is pay to go out of jail and do crimes again. As a policeman, there's nothing you can do but wait for a chance to encounter them again to finish off the rodents - or hope that you'd be the first to kill when they go after you.

However, with this case, i find it odd that:

1. The car in question was parked properly.
    2. How was the driver able to escape. It's impossible.
    3. I'm not sure but I didn't see any gun during the news coverage.

As for the family of the dead, i find it odd that after hearing the news about a shootout where the names of the suspects were not revealed (since they were still being identified), they went to the funeral parlor that collected the bodies immediately. I mean, if your housemate didn't arrive on time, do you automatically assume they got killed and go to the funeral parlor you hear about from the news??? From what it seems, they know something too.

About the assumption that these maybe some sort of men of the police, it's still their fault that they chose to do crime. I mean, you gotta use your head, you really think that police officers will let you go after doing some crimes for them?

I'm sure there's a deeper story.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by batangmahal View Post
    disturbing talaga. either the cops are trying to cover up something or they are plain stupid and takot or trigger happy.
    Must have some underlying story behind this killing, rubout thing... Why would they kill all those inside the car if it was a simple carnap issue. it doesn't make sense and it's kinda scary to think it may happen to inocent people as well .....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    From an interview with a police officer, I think it's quite clear what happened here.

The driver is a police officer or an informant, that's how he was able to "escape".

Higher-ups know about it but thanks to camaraderie, they won't be named.

These are terribly stupid carnappers. I mean stealing a car and not changing the plates?? :rofl:

This incident proves that stupidity kills.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    May manhunt ba dun sa driver? Wala atang balita.

Tadtad ng bala yung Civic, pero yung driver nakatakas? Nakakailag sa putok yung driver........

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    yun ORTIGAS incident ano na kaya ngyari? eto nanaman abs-cbn na actual na nakakuha... malalim ito... ano kaya tunay na order dito? karnaper nga ba mga na salvage???

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    From an interview with a police officer, I think it's quite clear what happened here.

The driver is a police officer or an informant, that's how he was able to "escape".

Higher-ups know about it but thanks to camaraderie, they won't be named.

These are terribly stupid carnappers. I mean stealing a car and not changing the plates?? :rofl:

This incident proves that stupidity kills.
    wow! if this is the case, then there's gotta be some complicity and connivance here.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    eh gumagalaw pa daw eh baka biglang bumunot at putukan siya. hayup! palibhasa hindi nakakastigo mga ulupong na yan kaya hindi nagtatanda.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    alam ko naconvict yun mga police sa ortigas shootout.....

eh paano naman kaya yun CEO ng isang company na niratrat sa checkpoint dahil napagkamalan yun vios nya na altis?

or yun mag-ama na maghahatid lang ng anak sa isang party na niratrat at napatay sa may congressional?

tingin ko may problema ang training ng mga pulis na ito! san ka naman nakakita na suspected vehicle eh niraratrat kaagad? parang nagiging bukambibig na nila na sila lagi ang unang pinapuputukan tapos pauulanan kagad nila ng bala!

yun din ang pinagtataka ko.... paano makakaparada ng maayos yun sasakyan kung nagpuputukan sila habang hinahabol ng mga pulis? at paano makakalipat ng sasakyan yun driver kung pinapuputukan sila ng mga pulis? di ba sarado yun kalye? paano makukuha ngayon nung isang sasakyan yun driver? saka yun baril naman.... .22 cal na kalawangin? kung carnapper ka eh siguro naman mas matino at mas madaming baril ang bitbit mo! eh baka ikaw pa mapatay nung baril sa dami ng kalawang!

mukhang utos talaga sa mga ito na shoot first, ask questions later.....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ok lang sa akin na pinatay nila yung mga criminal na yon. Kapag nahuli pang buhay makakapagpiyansa pa at babalik na naman sa dati nilang "trabaho". Mga taong handang mamatay at pumatay, malas lang nila.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Naturally i'm happy that there is one less carnapper group out there.
    As for the police, lets wait and see till ABS releases the raw video to prove their point.
    for now Kudos to the PNP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
NIA-EDSA Police Operation: Shootout or Rubout?