New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you dont need to kill the dog.
    just carry a stick (or a dustpan and broom will do).
    and walk straight...... pag sumugod paluin mo.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    I always run with my 3 dogs, 1bichon, 1sheltie and 1 JRT. Whenever stray dogs attempt to attack them, I block them and if they get near to a striking distance, I just kick them in the face. Remember, their attention is focused on your dog so they won't notice you. Works like a charm every time.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I have more than ten dogs at home. Most of them are behaved, many large breed. 3 of the large breeds wont even bark and will just look at you.

If you have been living with dogs for a ling time, you will know that each one has different temperaments. But one thing is common to them, they really smell fear. They know humans are more superior to them. But if they smell fear, they will take advantage of that. (Of course other breeds are more likely to do behave like that. Your lab probably wont)

So going back to topic, if a stray dog tries to attack you, try to assert your authority by shouting at them or even just pretend picking a stone and pretend to throw it to that dog.

Of course, this wont apply to attack dogs properly trained for that ;)

Hth and sorry for the long post.

Rem

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jayteecie View Post
    I always run with my 3 dogs, 1bichon, 1sheltie and 1 JRT. Whenever stray dogs attempt to attack them, I block them and if they get near to a striking distance, I just kick them in the face. Remember, their attention is focused on your dog so they won't notice you. Works like a charm every time.

You are not afraid that the dog will bite you? Every time I walk my fat lab, even the neighbors dogs (inside the gates) bark like crazy! There are some dogs na she barks back, and some that she ignores. It's really stressful because I am with a very docile dog that will probably not fight back. She even gets bullied by my mini dax

I have trauma with aggressive dogs. I've seen a Pitbull attack when I was in HS and up until now it's still fresh in my memory.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Nope! The thing is if you hurt a dog, it will snap out of its aggressiveness and most of the time, will run away. And yes, assert your alpha-ness to whatever dog you come across.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415