New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It was too good to last. Yellow taxis at NAIA airports are back to their old dirty schemes. Search the net for passenger experiences and you'll know.

I experienced first hand last thursday the on a yellow taxi i took from NAIA2 to Pasay how one driver operates. The taxi's plate number was TYT497 . Instead of turning on the meter to show flagdown rate and travel rate, an incrementing number, i believe to be seconds travelled was showing as configured by the driver. My usual fare of P140 was quoted as P809, distance about 5Km. I paid P200 after some arguing. His excuse later was he forgot to reset the meter after i requested for the dispatch ticket he took from me.

I want to file a complaint, but where and to whom? Parang wala rin naman mangyayari..tsk tsk tsk

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ano kaya mangyayari pag di mo binayaran, kasi walang reciept...
    Pag nagsumbong sya sa pulis, la rin sa mapapakita.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    thats the sad part of it. unlike in cebu airport, they will give you something like a receipt with the plate number of the taxi written by the dispatcher. i didnt notice it until the dispatcher called my attention last wed. i read it while at the taxi. funny is the rate is somewhat higher by 50pesos only to the regular rate.

dapat parang yung ibang fastfood, "no receipt, bill is on them".:D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by christel_chops View Post
    It was too good to last. Yellow taxis at NAIA airports are back to their old dirty schemes. Search the net for passenger experiences and you'll know.

I experienced first hand last thursday the on a yellow taxi i took from NAIA2 to Pasay how one driver operates. The taxi's plate number was TYT497 . Instead of turning on the meter to show flagdown rate and travel rate, an incrementing number, i believe to be seconds travelled was showing as configured by the driver. My usual fare of P140 was quoted as P809, distance about 5Km. I paid P200 after some arguing. His excuse later was he forgot to reset the meter after i requested for the dispatch ticket he took from me.

I want to file a complaint, but where and to whom? Parang wala rin naman mangyayari..tsk tsk tsk
    You should have answered him that it wasn't your fault when he excused himself for not resetting the meter. Proceed with your complaint sir so that these cabs will learn their lesson

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    don't ever ride on Naia Yellow cabs. if you need to ride a cab upon your arrival in Naia airports. make sure you exit at the DEPARTURE AREAS. and not on the Arrival areas. by then, you will now have abundance of regular white cabs waiting outside the departure area.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The problem with travelers they don' read the signage, there are two types of taxi stand sa airport, metered taxi and the more expensive airport taxi. Unang taxi stand lang kasi ang nakita sasakay, another thing before sumakay linawin muna Kung metered taxi yun sinasakyan mo

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tingin kasi ng mga tao pag galing abroad dami pera

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    what is disappointing is that, Yellow taxis operations were very good at first but deteriorated to what it is now. This public transport system is the first impression of the state of Manila for those who arrive at our airports. Pagdating pa lang nila naloko na agad ng mga tulad nito..daylight robbery nga eh..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    don't ever ride on Naia Yellow cabs. if you need to ride a cab upon your arrival in Naia airports. make sure you exit at the DEPARTURE AREAS. and not on the Arrival areas. by then, you will now have abundance of regular white cabs waiting outside the departure area.
    kaso may racket na din mga guard and taxi drivers sa departure area. just last week, sa departure area ng Terminal 2, nakikipag kontrata sa akin yung taxi driver, sinagot ko na metered taxi naman siya, aba sagot sa akin DOT taxi daw siya. e naka sando nga lang yung driver and regular taxi lang siya. yung guard naman, inabutan niya ng 20 pesos para makaparada siya sa departure area.

alam na din ng mga taxi driver na marami pumupunta sa departure area para sumakay ng metered taxi.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    mejo ot sorry.

kwento ko lang experience ko not about yellow taxis but taxis in general plying in the domestic airport.

me and my wife hailed a taxi na nakapila sa domestic about several years ago. i forgot the company, but i'm sure it is based in marulas, valenzuela because i told this story to my friend who lives within walking distance of their garage.

anyway, upon riding the taxi, i told them our destination, which was cubao, qc. after several minutes, i noticed he didn't turn on his meter so i asked him that he forgot to turn it on.

he said that "ang singilan ho namin kapag qc is 1200". i'm usually a calm person, but the thought of this asshole trying to rip me off thinking i'm a dumb probinsyano because i arrived in the domestic airport made me angry. he even gave me a makeshift "fare list". kung yellow taxi pa ito baka naniwala pa ako, but it was just your ordinary taxi na nakapila sa domestic.

i promptly told him that i will not pay this **** and i-metro nya kung ayaw nyang ipakulong ko sya, or ibalik nya kami sa domestic at hahanap kami ng ibang taxi. then he began a tirade of "naghahanap buhay ako tapos gaganituhin nyo ako story, etc etc etc." i shook my head in disbelief, and sabi ko nalang, sige ganito nalang, 300 ibabayad ko sayo, actually 200 lang from cubao to airport.

aba ayaw pa din nya hahahaha! kung ano ano pang sinabi! i told him he is just wasting his breathe. sabi ko kasalanan mo yan, di mo agad sinabi na hinde mo imemetro at tatarantaduhin mo pala kami.

at one point he stopped at a gas station and insisted that i pay the half of the 1200 (600) so that he can gas up. my wife who stayed silent all this time finally said, brod, ginagawa mo sa lahat ng pasahero mo itong racket mo? tapos ipapakain mo sa mga anak mo yung pinangloko mo? natigilan si mokong and we just went on.

once at cubao, i had him drop us off at main avenue corner edsa, sm hypermarket (it used to be makro then). i didn't want him to know where we live, which was walking distance from hypermarket. i spotted a mobile patrol car told him to pull over next to it. sensing the **** he is about to be involved in, nagmakaawa na si loko after i paid him 300. i told my wife to go down and i remained in the taxi. sabi ko sa kanya tuturuan ko sya ng leksyon, pero idadaan ko sa tamang paraan.

and to his luck, walang tao dun sa mobile car, nagmemeryenda ata haha. sabi ko nalang sa kanya, pare, magpasalamat ka hinde ako tarantado, kung iba siguro nagulpi ka na or nasaksak or nabaril. i got down and left his door open, when he sensed that there were no cops in the mobile patrol car, he sped off hastily and shouted putangina mo kuripot, without trying to close his door. i laughed my ass off after that.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
NAIA yellow taxi bad experience