New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Nagdownload daw ng careless whisper na ringtone. Joke...

Siguro sa mga mayayaman bumabawi ang smart, globe etc since hindi naman sila nag-uunli unlike me/us.

Na sakto lang lagi load at piso lang sumosobra sa load kapag nagunli.

At dahil sa sobrang dami ng katext. Yung 30 na load, makakapagunli for 2 days. at aabot ng thousands ang sent text messages. hahaha.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Kumuha daw ng 7 ringtones si Sen. Enrile kaya nabawas ang load niya

Baka 7 versions ng Careless Whisper na ringtone ang naibigay sa kanya....... :hysterical:

8101:oops2:

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    kahit naman sa post paid pwede ka nila dayain. sa bill makikita mo lang naman total SMS sent, so what's stopping them from adding a little para kumita. even sa call kahit na naka lista mga numbers ng tinawagan mo they can just insert 2-3 mins sa isang number na tinawagan mo.
    yup, this is a possibility. . .i always review my phone bills if the niumbers called are actually numbers that are familiar to me. . .then it occurred to me one time that they can add calls to the usual numbers that i didn't make. . .i don't keep track of the calls everytime i make them, who does? more so with text messages sent. . .lusot na sila. . .

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Update:

[SIZE=3]'Text Brigade'[/SIZE]
    COMMONSENSE By Marichu A. Villanueva
    (The Philippine Star) Updated October 23, 2009 12:00 AM

It may have come after a long delay but it was a good thing that the National Telecommunications Commission has finally come out with a public information campaign it dubbed “Dealing with ‘vanishing load,’ text spam, and text scams.” The NTC came out with warning in a full-page advertisement yesterday at The STAR, in collaboration with the two giant telecommunications companies, Smart and Globe as well as Sun Cellular.

The paid ad came out several months after Senate president Juan Ponce-Enrile denounced in a privilege speech the case of “vanishing load” that he personally experienced. For security-conscious people like Enrile, I was not surprised to learn from him that he uses a pre-paid simcard for his mobile cellular phone. The case of “vanishing load” is the bane among pre-paid simcard users whose loads are eaten up by unwanted or unsolicited promotions of certain unscrupulous service providers of telcos if you respond to them.
    What irks me with this “text brigade” is their lack of common sense to keep sending me these unwanted text messages even while I was abroad. For about a week while I was in Italy — as can be gleaned from the datelines of my previous columns last week — I got at least 21 text messages from the Philippines that came from different numbers but obviously from pre-paid simcards.
    It turned out, however, my relief was short lived. When I got back here, I checked with my friend at Globe Telecom who told me that the toll-free text applies only to those who buy Kabayan pre-paid card promo that Globe offers to OFWs. They came up with this promo as their way of helping OFWs spend less for their communicating back home with their respective families in the Philippines.

This really enraged me. Come to think of it — I’m going to pay as much as P735 for these 21 unwanted text messages that will be charged in my Smart billing next month. If it is any source of consolation, these nincompoops who sent me these text messages paid also at a much higher rate and not just P1.
    More than the paid ad campaign, I think the NTC should find a way to protect the millions of post-paid subscribers from being at the mercy of political spam “text brigades.”
    SMART new slogan:
    Simply AmaSSing Load..

full text of the article:
    http://www.philstar.com/ArticlePrint...ticleId=516631

Note: I opted to post it here kahit may konting politics issue

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This really enraged me. Come to think of it — I’m going to pay as much as P735 for these 21 unwanted text messages that will be charged in my Smart billing next month. If it is any source of consolation, these nincompoops who sent me these text messages paid also at a much higher rate and not just P1.
    Afaik, P1.00 pa rin ang charge sa mga nagtetext from the Phils. to a roaming number.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Ako naman na charge ng 3,000php plus for usage of internet daw.
    Nag file ako ng complain ayun ni-refund nila, kasi makikita nila sa bill ko around 300php lang ang normal usage ko sa internet.
    OT:
    Kung ganito din ba ang mga Pinoy kasipag sa pag file ng complain sa mga government offices edi naging kasing ayos ang managment ng government natin katulad ng mga wirless tele-communication giants.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Wala pa naman akong ganyang ka-grabeng experience from both Globe and Smart..... Hhhmmmm,- mai-check nga....

8000:borg1:
    suwerte mo

Quote Originally Posted by Rev!t View Post
    Update:

SMART new slogan:
    Simply AmaSSing Load..

full text of the article:
    http://www.philstar.com/ArticlePrint...ticleId=516631

Note: I opted to post it here kahit may konting politics issue
    not to be biase, pero hinde naman. Kikita sila naman wether or not they deduct your loads.. Kasi ZERO cost if you guys text or call within the same networks. May lokong politiko nag pass ng bill na puwede sila mag charge ng texts daw.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAJ View Post
    not to be biase, pero hinde naman. Kikita sila naman wether or not they deduct your loads.. Kasi ZERO cost if you guys text or call within the same networks. May lokong politiko nag pass ng bill na puwede sila mag charge ng texts daw.
    I beg to disagree. You pay for the use of their equipment to transmit your messages or call. Hindi naman tumatakbo using free energy yung mga site nila. You also need to pay the people maintaining their network.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mysterious phone load deductions