New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for all those who offered their prayers. Bukod pa pala sa HCP I have tsikot.com to count on too. Salamat sa mga nagpost to offer their sympathy.

sorry it took me quite sometime to post for updates... medyo busy kase...

As of now the kid (and hopefully me too) are recovering from this incident.

It took me quite sometime to recover from this harrowing experience.

When I recall the whole incident I get mixed reactions about it... Di ko alam kung maiinis ako or feel sorry for the kid.

2 weeks ago I can't even sleep right. It makes you think about the "what if's"

The vivid image of a kid suddenly running to cross the road without even looking at both sides of the street keeps on haunting me from time to time.

I remember that by the time I hit him I never saw him look at his right... it was as if he just ran straight never looking side to side. The last thing I saw was his head landing on the hood of my car and as I veered to the right he fell off... (fortunately di sya napunta sa ilalim nung car or else it could have been worse)

When I approached him... 3 years in med school somehow helped me deal with that kind of situation. But everything was really a blur all I can remember was that this was for real and this is a real patient in front of me and in a life threatening situation at that ...not some ward patient we used to deal with in school!

All I remember was that to deal with such situation one should first check the patient's ABCs (Airway, Breathing and Circulation) I noted for Vomitting (fortunately wala) and dilation of the pupils especially knowing that he sustained a hard blow to the head when he hit his head hard.

If his pupils dilated then that would indicate a very severe damage to the brain... again so far ok pa sya nun. Basta that time I surmised wala naman cervical injuries so far since he was still breathing ok. No tremors rin so far ... he was just whimpering.

I carried his limp body towards the backseat of my car getting my shirt bloodied in the process. Yep his mouth was bleeding all over the place ( I later learned it was due to the time he hit the pavement when he fell off the hood face down)

so yun as the story goes I rushed him to a provinvial hospital which was nearer compared to the time it would take had I took him all the way to Dagupan City.

Badtrip na hospital yun. Walang kwenta emergency room nila. Saan ka nakakita emergency room sasabihin mo may nabangga di ka man lang sinalubong ng stretcher.

Even the bandage and the medicine alam nila ako yung nakabangga ako uutusan bumili dun sa Pharmacy para bumili. Eh emergency yun diba why the heck would they still delegate the job eh dapat yung team ng nurses dun dapat kumuha ng necessary materials to perform any emergency procedure. Dapat meron na sila kinuha na Mannitol and charged the bill later hindi yung hihintayin pa nila ako bumili nun.

Sa pharmacy naman di maibigaykaagad yung Mannitol kase wala pa daw firstname yung bata (WTF!!! this is an emergency! how am I supposed to know the name of the kid I hit?) Even the supposed relative who accompanied me didn't know the kid's name. (Apparently I later learned na Bakasyonista rin yung bata with his family in Pangasinan... taga subdivision daw somewhere in Valenzuela kaya ayun akala yung National Highway parang subdivision street lang)

I got Angry to the point I shouted at the emergency room asking where is everyone? Pati attending Physician bagal bagal kumilos. I was even the one checking the Vital signs!

Dumating yung family... the lola was at least forgiving when she said it was an accident that no one wanted and she said at least I didn't do a hit and run.

Nung dumating yung mother it was a different story... expected na yun coming from a mother.. she told me "kung mawala buhay ng anak ko buhay mo kapalit"

They were very insistent to transfer the kid asap to Dagupan
    while I tried to explain na kelangan i-stabilize muna yung condition nya bago sya ibyahe (Pati ba naman kumausap sa pamilya ... nasaan na yung attending Physician?!? ) Nung nagalit na yung mother tahimik na lang ako para iwas na sa gulo.

When the police came yung license ko binigay ko na sa security guard earlier pa. Nilayo ako nung mga police to avoid a possible confrontation.

Later on kami ng brother ko andun na sa presinto while the kid was then transferred to a better equipped Hospital in Dagupan.

The findings showed that he had a fracture on the right femur ( as in totally broken sa middle) tapos yung head concussion nya caused a slight hemorrhage. The fracture was the least concern at that time. It was more on his GCS (Glasgow Coma Scale) score that got us worried. A score of 8 out of 15 is borderline either he will slip into a coma or recover.

As of that time his eyes hasn't opened yet. Although he could localize pain.

I was distraught the following days after that. We prayed for his recovery na sana gumising na sya. Although nag improve na GCS score nya to 10 hindi pa rin mulat mata nya. It took about 2 days later (2 agonizing days) when he finally opened his eyes. Pero at that time I wasn't hoping for the worse kase yun nga matagal tagal rin na oras lumipas hindi nagdeteriorate condition nya which was a good prognosis unlike in other cases na in a matter of hours lang magdeteriorate na.

I went back to manila because school has started pero ang tindi... I can't concentrate and sleep at night. Commute rin ako for a week kase natraumatize rin ako sa pagmamaneho.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Slowly in the suceeding days naglaroon na ng improvement which was a good sign that there was no permanent cerebral damage.

As of last thursday (last week) nakalabas na sya ng ICU a few days later nadischarge na rin sa Hospital. Yun nga lang his leg is in a cast. Actually both legs na up to the waist ang cast since bata sya baka malikot magalaw lang yung cast di magheal properly yung fracture nya.

Hopefully the fracture will heal in a matter of 2 1/2 months. No problem rin yun since children naman are still in their growing years maganda recovery from fractures as if nothing happened.

As for the case dun pa lang sa precinct nadrop na yung charges when my father assured the parents that we would shoulder the expenses.

If ever natuloy yung kaso mahirap din yun since matagal na process yun. and yung counter charge naman for them is negligience on the part of the parents for leaving a child alone in the highway (not just a street... highway yun). Buti na lang la na yung kaso. THe downside is di na makakapasok sa remaining months ng school si Ralph... he's in grade 1 by the way.

As for my car... This is the nth time it has been involved in a major accident. The last time my car fell off a ditch somewhere in Tarlac. THis time tao na nabangga and all of us in the family think that its really a sign to sell the car.

Noon my parents were convinving me to sell the car pero I held on to my car. Ngayon after the accident when they told me to sell it I couldn't argue anymore because I have to let go of my car to help me recover from this experience. Masayang man yung mga kinabit ko sa oto (like the Bilstein & H&R and other stuff) basta ayaw ko na maulit yun or maalala yun

I'm going to miss my car...

thanks again tsikot.com people for taking time to relate to this long story of mine.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry man... Wish you well.

On a lighter note, you can always get a nicer car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't want to sound like an ogre with no heart
    but we motorists are always on the losing end
    in these kinds of sitautions. Looking at it objectively,
    wala tayo dapat liability sa mg ganyan dahil tumawid
    siya ng highway. Sino ba naman ang intentionally na
    mananagasa ng bata? Its just that our laws are stupid.
    Masyado na talagang wala nang halaga ang buhay dito sa
    Pinas at pati mga batang musmos ay hinahayaan na lang
    ng mga magulang nila na maglaro sa gilid ng highway!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sana gumaling agad ang kid.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    TJMaxx,

Agree ako diyan. Ano ba naman kasi ang ginagawa ng bata doon?

Pero at least all seems to be ending well. Superman will fly again soon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pre ,your act of responsibility is something worth emulating...at that point, it doesnt matter anymore who is at fault..the important thing is to save the life of the boy..and you did a great job of bringing him to the hospital...you are really a superman!!!

we'll pray for both of you to speedily recover from physical and emotional trauma...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    bat sa province ang daming ganyan? bigla na lang tatakbo yung mga bata.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di lang sa province....basta nasa pilipinas ka..maraming ganyang scenario.

sad to accept, but thats the truth.

GOD bless bro..

isipin mo na lang na pagsubok lang yang mga bagay na yan...na kaya nating malampasan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry to hear that bro! I hope all is well now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
My 5 year old car hit a 6 1/2 yr old kid =(