New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.hondaclub.com.ph/forum/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=47

On 2003-01-05 19:24, Supierreman wrote:
    Never did I expect that in a split second everything would change ...

Back in pangasinan, I was all set for the trackday... All I can think about during the holidays was the trackday and to be with my car which recently turned 5 years old...

done with the PMS at Honda Pangasinan, checked the car a couple of times... I even bought my helmet at Dagupan...

January 3 2003... around 3:30PM
    ... on the highway at Macabito, Pangasinan... I was on my way back to Manila to join the trackday the following day...
    I was driving along the highway. I even popped in a jazz CD I got from my mom listening while ...cruising at an appropriate 60-65kph higway speed...

at the other side of the road I saw at the corner of my eye ...a kid came running to cross the highway with not even one adult was there to one to accompany him. In an instant I stepped on the brakes as I was pressing the horn button..

too late...... I even veered my car towards the shoulder in the last hope of trying to avoid him. I hit him as I was slowing down at around 40-50 kph...

the kid around 3-4 ft tall hit the corner of my front bumper at the driver's side.. and landed his head on the hood of my car...

as i was simultaneosly veering my car to the shoulder... he landed on the pavement...

I got off the car and approached him while I was shouting at the onlookers not to touch the child to prevent further injuries...

I checked the pulse, checked the pupils for dilatation and checked if he was vomitting...
    he was still breathing ....I asked for his name but he wasn't talking... only a faint cry... his mouth was bleeding all over the place

I surmised he had no spinal and cervical injuries I carried him carefully and laid him straight into the backseat of my car taking care not to cause more injuries...

..a crowd was building up but i could not descern what they were saying... all i remember asking them is to tell me where the nearest hospital is...

they told me to head for Dagupan but in my mind I new it was too far... I asked for an alternative... and I was told that the nearest one is a Provincial hospital in Bolingit, San Carlos Pangasinan.

Someone from the crowd (whom I later learned as the "pamangkin" of the child's parents) volunteered to be with the kid on the way to the hospital..

I got on the driver's seat and told my brother and our maid who was with me at that time to get off and commute back home.

I was driving fast and I distinctly remember the shiftlight in my dash go off a couple of times as I was shifting at redline...

I also remeber my car sort of lifted off and felt that it glided in the air in a split second as I passed through a bridge...

I was asking the one who accompanied me if the kid was still breathing... the way to the hospital was a blur ... i even remember my car skidding towards the hospital gate as I made an abrupt right turn...

at the hospital I was mad that no one seems to be around to assist us. even at the bedside there was still no attending phsician and I was even the one checking the vital signs! (%^$#!!) ...I was even the one who bought the mannitol from the pharmacy instead of the nurses. (damn gov't hospital! *&^$%^!)

when the patient's condition was stabilized he was transferred to a much better equipped hospital in Dagupan City...

I was at the police precinct when I later learned from my mom that the child sustained a fracture of the right femur with no hip dislocation... but when he hit his head on the hood... he sustained a slight hemorrhage on the right hemisphere of the brain... and in a scale of 15 he got a score of only 8...

I ask all the HCP people to pray for the recovery of this child whom I learned is named "Ralph Daligdig" ...6 1/2 years old...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tsktsktsk..

buti hindi grabe.

hope for the fast recovery of the child.

saka isa pa, hindi lang ikaw ang may kasalanan.

hi-way un, responsible din ang parents ng bata..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hope he gets well..... at least that's the only thing that happened..

i know someone who hit a kid before, and the kid died.. but it was the mother's fault...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kawawa ka naman (at yung bata). Don't worry, you'll bounce back soon.

Don't sell your car man. Kawawa naman oto mo ung ginawa mo yon.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pards my sympathies...
    all i can do now is to say a prayer for the child na sana maka recover kaagad, and for you na sana maging strong ka pa during this times.

advice ko lang pre. make sure yung out of court settlement nyo is documented (merong witnesses na third party) para di gawing money making opportunity ng mga parents.

nakakawa na nga yung bata, baka pagkaperahan pa nila.

best of luck pare.. keep us posted.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'll pray for you and specially the kid's recovery.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont worry,its part of being a driver,although we are the ones who are always blamed.

i also experienced that before, the bad things about my case is,he died after a few yrs.(abusado kase eh,actually matanda na,we support and gave him everything,yun pala all the money that we gave,e pinam bibili nya pa ng alak and cigars, so yun...not our fault anymore,)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kasama sa pagmamaneho yan bro.......

it's your responsibility pa rin......kaya tulungan mo na lang yung family/bata + hanap ka ng legal assistance....tao na yan....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well...this is terrible for both parties...pareho silang biktima ng pangyayari...

i hope and the kid gets well soon..
    and Supierreman will recover as well...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grabe. good luck to the 2 of you...

ano na pala balita sa bata?

I have 2 kids and ang sakit isipin kung mangyari yun sa kahit 1 sa kanila...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
My 5 year old car hit a 6 1/2 yr old kid =(