New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa Santolan maraming mga #**&&&% na ganyan!

kahit may nakita na silang incoming... ayaw pang bumalik sa lane nila.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    I do counter flow on still traffic on my bike rather than ride on boardwalks or on the outermost right-hand gaps available since the right-hand side of any vehicle is where a motorized vehicle is less expected and it's safer to counter flow since I'm riding on the left-hand side of all the vehicles I'm overtaking and motorists tend to be more cautious on the left-hand side compared to the right-hand side, but though I counter flow, I do not occupy the entire width of the opposite lane and the opposite traffic is the first priority for me and I try not to be a contraption to the opposing traffic...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical!
    I know I'm gonna get shot at for this but here goes...
    Hehe. Oks yan, Radical. At least your brave to share your viewpoint naman.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical!
    Motorcycles should be allowed to counterflow BUT under the right methods and circumstances. They should be allowed to overtake and 'filter' to get ahead of cars.
    I think the concept is similar naman to overtaking cars. Oks lang yung overtake if done correctly and safely, ideally without causing the on-coming vehicles or even the overtaken vehicle to stop or swerve to avoid the overtaking/counterflowing vehicle.

I think the common problem seen is that some motorbikes counterflow as if they have an imaginary bike lane in the middle of the road, and on some occassion cause on-coming vehicles to stop or swerve away.

Oks lang naman sana yung overtake, as long as bumalik na sila sa lane nila pag may on-coming vehicles na. At huwag sana nga lang nilang gitgitin yung mga sasakyan na ino-overtake nila pag-bumalik sila sa tamang lane.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    No one is above the law hence no one should be allowed to counterflow, unless the one doing the act is in an emergency. If done properly, it's called overtaking, not counterflowing.

Yun ibang bikers, sila pa masama tumingin if you stay on your lane while they take half of yours without any intention of going to their proper lane. Do they have any inkling on how one feels?

What I hate the most is them damn scooter/underbone driving dimwits, sneaking their way and gathering in front, blocking of everyone on red light. usually in 3 or 4 to, nakaharang sa harap, squating on pedestrian lanes. Kala mo mabilis,e super bagal naman mag accelerate. Mas mabilis pa uminit ulo ng driver na nasa likod 'coz he can't do anything but wait until them scooters are at least a car's length away so he could veer to the other lane.

Kung di lang masama, i'd run them over eh. Baka nga mas mabuti pa kung car ang gamit nila, that way, they're force to wait like everyone else.

Note: My "them" and "nila" doesn't equate to all bikers. I'm a bike riding and loving person after all

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    May coding din ba ang mga two wheelers?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just to clear things up, overtaking is not the same as counterflowing. Overtaking is perfectly legal on most roads (just read the stripes) as long as the conditions are favorable for such maneuvers.

Counterflowing merely means driving on the wrong side of the road with utter disregard for oncoming traffic and with no viable means of returning to your lane should the need arise (e.g. 18 wheeler approaching).

Bikes can 'filter' in between traffic when traffic is at a standstill. Otherwise, they should not.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat
    Hehe. Oks yan, Radical. At least your brave to share your viewpoint naman.
    Thanks, Autobeat.
    I think the concept is similar naman to overtaking cars. Oks lang yung overtake if done correctly and safely, ideally without causing the on-coming vehicles or even the overtaken vehicle to stop or swerve to avoid the overtaking/counterflowing vehicle.
    Actually, I should have made it clear that I'm opposed to bikes going toward cars in the opposing lanes. I am however for bikes filtering and overtaking in the right time and place.
    I think the common problem seen is that some motorbikes counterflow as if they have an imaginary bike lane in the middle of the road, and on some occassion cause on-coming vehicles to stop or swerve away.
    Yes, this is not the right method of overtaking and is quite irritating.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    wala pong coding ang motor. you know why motorbikes dont get caught bec. tatakbuhan lng nila ang mga police why i know this bec i USED to do it hindi ka nila hahabulin. I ride both car & motorcycle ok lng naman mag counterflow basta wag yng nasakabilang lane kana dun ka lng sa may guhit sa gitna sa yellow line pero pag malaking hi-way na syempre di na pwde. Wag nyo pong gitgitin ang mga motor ksi pag sumemplang ikaw yari that's for sure kahit ano pa sabihin mo ikaw ang sisisihin.
    I had a bad exprience one day pag U-turn ko galing ng katipunan going to marikina may bike na ayaw tumabi nasa gitna parang siga nag busina ako ng mga 2times pag tabi nya hinampas nya yng kotse ko wala naman gasgas or anything ginawa ko tumigil agad ako at binabaan ko sinagawan ko anong problema mo brad tahimik lng sya at sabi nya di na po mauulit. :D

9. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jasprit
    Wag nyo pong gitgitin ang mga motor ksi pag sumemplang ikaw yari that's for sure kahit ano pa sabihin mo ikaw ang sisisihin.
    I agree. Nasa huli ang pagsisisi 'ika nga. Tandaan may kaso yan at pwede kang makulong. Murahin niyo na lang.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    May reckless (and counterflowing) biker din akong pininahan sa Tandang Sora. Ako pa minura ng g*go.

ahaha!this is so common, parati sila pa galit!dati pinipinahan ko, but now, ever since i got a safari, busina lang w/ my stebel tabi agad sila

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
motorbikes counterflowing