New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    This is ESPANA, right? so it means MANILA city covered ito?

Why don't all the victims, of this sick modus, go to yun tanggapan ni Mayor Lim (after filing a complaint sa police), diba Mayor's primary executive target naman is PEACE and ORDER. Siguro naman he won't tolerate this kind of behavior from his residents. Pag marami kayo mag cocomplaint, aasikasuhin kayo nyan. Dapat mag ipon ipon mga victims. If you get their attention, this might go to the media pa. Ma XXX or Imbestigador or ma TV news report ito.

Well, at least all the victims did something. Nakakainis habang binabasa ko mga kwento nyo, kakainis itong mga taong desperados!!! At may RICE PROPS PA HA! Grrr... This has got to STOP! Tama na more victims!!! We can't let them harass more innocent drivers, tsikoters, and the like! Sabi nga ni PitBullz, time to bite back!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Dapat i report na yan sa kinauukulan at ng matigil na or at least mabawasan man lang ang mga modus na gaya niyan

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Ive been a victim of this a few years ago, I think around year 2001 or something like that.

In my case, this occured at under the Nagtahan overpass, as I was making a left turn to enter Aurora Blvd coming A.H. Lacson St. (Formerly Gov. Forbes).

In my case the people selling sampaguita at the interesection surrounded my car and claimed I stepped on someone's foot. It was nightime. So I brought this limiping lady and her family (husband and 3 kids) to our hospital where x-rays showed no fractures whatsoever... I brought her some pain relievers and some milk for her baby and drove them home.

When I parked my car at the depressed area near nagtahan I walked them to their shelter...

Funny thing is that I was able to distract her enough that while we were walking, she completely forgot to limp (hehehe) I took up the observation and told her: "Buti naman nakakalakad ka na ngayon ng mabuti"...

She remembered, then told me "Ah, actually masakit pa rin eh", then started limping again... (yeah right!)

Anyway, the thing was for a few days the husband kept calling demanding that it was my fault why his wife couldnt work and sell flowers anymore... frankly though, I was living outside the house, so I wasnt there to answer to any of his claims. The husband looks like a drunkard and smelled like urine when he rode my car...

A few years later, while doing my internship at Makati Med, I encountered a similar scenario where a korean guy "ran over" another guy and demanded that he be brought to the hospital. At the hospital, we told him we had to do several x-rays amounting to a pretty big amount of cash. One of us though adviced the korean guy to bring him to the police...

The "Car accident victim" was hesitant when he heard he was going to be brought to the police... To me, he actually looked like he panicking when he heard "police"...he didnt want to and was causing a big nuisnace in the ER. I think in the end, the korean guy just gave him P500 and got rid of him right there and then.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Matagal ng MO ito, kahit noon pa (20+ years ago) nung nagu-umpisa pa lang lang akong magmaneho. According to my colleague here, kahit daw noong 60s-70s eh may gumagawa nito.
    as the saying goes..."What goes around, comes around".

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    di pa naman ako nakaka-experience ng ganito... pero thanks sa heads-up... if ever mangyari sa akin to, dadalhin ko na lang sila dito sa ospital namin at papabugbog sa mga guards.. heehee..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sana merong magkalakas ng loob na kuhaan ng picture itong mga ito. Para maipaskil na mga pagmumukha nila sa iba't ibang forums.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Lesson, if unsure... make sure you run them over hehehe.
    LOL. That's exactly what my cousin told me to do if I hit any pedestrian driving in the Philippines. He said it's cheaper to pay the burial than the hospital bills so just run them over.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sad to say, ine-encourage ng racket na ganito ang mga tunay na hit-and-run. Why stop nga naman if you think you're just being scammed? Pero sana yung scammers din ang ma hit-and-run for real para tunay ang payback.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah this is an old MO. Actually na feature itong MO na ito sa GMA 7 noon eh. Sa Tondo area naman.

I remember there was a vehicle owner who complained about this sa public service program ni Jessica Soho. Si Jessica naman na curious, so sya mismo ang nag drive dun sa area na sinasabing may ganitong MO kasama yung crew nya with the camera, true enough, one kid threw herself in front of Jessicas vehicle good thing that Jessica manage to brake in time.

Grabe talaga.

Officemate ko nabiktima nyan sa may tapat ng Producers Market sa Crossing.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618 View Post
    yeah ive also been victimized by this modus operandi. good thing i read it somewhere here in tsikot before the incident thus preventing me from shelling out cash to anyone.

It happened somewhere in pasay. i was coming from moa that time. i was crusing along at around 50kph with light traffic when i just heard this thud on the right side like my side mirror was hit. then i stopped a few meters ahead. when he saw this he suddenly jumped up and rushed the driver side and demanded me to pay him for the white stuff (which looks like rice but definately not rice) he even punched my left door. it was obviously a scam thus i just went away but my heart was still pumping fast since at that time i wasnt sure if i did the right thing but true enough i think it was the right thing to do. lalo lang lala mga ganyan if u give money. ive also heard this guy roaming around taft ave sometimes. ingat ingat na lang lagi.

I had the exact same thing happen to me when i was driving along buendia corner pasong tamo. an old guy crosses the street carrying something. you let him pass and go to the opposite lane but he turns back and crosses the path of your vehicle thereby hitting him. He limps to your car and knocks on your window. I gave him P100 and leave him be.

After checking my car, i noticed a big dent on my fender and rice near my right side mirror. What a lousy way to earn P100.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
modus operandi along espana