New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Saturday morning 1130AM, Me and my driver were on Edsa coming from Kamias going to the underside of the Santolan Fly-over to make a U-turn so we veered to the right side of the road.

We were stopped by 4 MMDA "officers" they told us that it wasnt allowed and that we were swerving. They told us that we should have taken the rightmost lane of the previous flyover so we wouldnt swerve. We argued that we werent swerving and compared what we did to the traffic that was incoming. There were at least 2-3 cars every 30 seconds doing exactly what we did - veer right to get to camp crame/santolan. So we questioned the officer on why we were the only ones that they caught and not the thousands of other cars that were "swerving". He got angry that we were arguing and called in another MMDA "officer." We told the new guy the same thing.

Long story short, he told us: "500 ang swerving, gusto nyo obstruction nalang para 150 lang" We told him we dont agree to a ticket and he should let us go. Then he told us: "Paano ba yan, kayo nalang bahala sa for the boys." 60 pesos later, we were on our way home.

Who can we report this kotong operation to? Is there a hotline we can call via cellphone to report this on the spot?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can post it at this site:

http://mmdaforum.forumsplace.com/forum-1.html

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    i think if you had stood your ground, they would eventually let you go dahil nakita nila na di sila lulusot!

giving in to them (even with 60 petot) makes the complaint futile because by giving in, you had admitted guilt di ba? just my opinion..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    u can call the 136 mmda hotline

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I pass by that spot everyday... hindi pa ako nahuhuli.

Tama nga sila... you should have been on the rightmost lane (coming form the D. Tuazon underpass).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakotongan na din ako jan, 3 or 4 mmda ung nanjan, ung isa babaeng mejo may edad ma mataba, tsk, lagi pa nman ako dumadaan jan pag papunta at galing sa gf ko tsk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_monkey
    60 pesos later, we were on our way home. [/FONT]

Who can we report this kotong operation to? Is there a hotline we can call via cellphone to report this on the spot?
    Now, how can we get rid of corruption, if you yourself pay-out that policeman to get out of getting a ticket, then you want to report it to authorities. talking about contradictory (oxymoron) of principles. Take the ticket, and don't give them any reason that stopping drivers should get a free lunch.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    let's see from Kamias kayo then nag-swerve kayo sa Santolan Flyover meaning kagagaling nyo lang sa P. Tuazon underpass. tama ba? pano ka nahuli eh madalas din ako mag-uturn sa ilalim ng Santolan flyover coming from P. Tuazon underpass. been doing this for so many years now when I go to Araneta Center.

kotong nga yan unless galing ka sa leftmost or middle lane ng southbound EDSA.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    tanong ko lang: nasisindak ba mga MMDA sa mga calling card ng mga PNP officials? may naka sulat "pls assist" tapos pirmado niya. hindi ko pa kasi na-try sa mga crocs.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    let's see from Kamias kayo then nag-swerve kayo sa Santolan Flyover meaning kagagaling nyo lang sa P. Tuazon underpass. tama ba? pano ka nahuli eh madalas din ako mag-uturn sa ilalim ng Santolan flyover coming from P. Tuazon underpass. been doing this for so many years now when I go to Araneta Center.

kotong nga yan unless galing ka sa leftmost or middle lane ng southbound EDSA.
    ganon nga yata ang ginawa nila

MMDA kotong operations Edsa Santolan