New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Well, she shouldn't have to worry about that now since her franchise has been revoked and she can no longer operate.

I agree on the shoot to kill option. The longer these goons go unpunished, the bolder they get in doing things and getting away with it.

There should be a system in trucks and buses where should they be involved in such accidents, restraints would go around the driver to prevent them from running away. Or maybe the doors & windows should automatically lock?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Wouldn't it be ironic if one of these days Claire dela Fuente herself gets into an accident with a bus? That'll be the day....

Not that I'm saying that I wish her dead or anything serious.... but she needs to get an up close and personal experience to rattle her senses...

Then again, am I also wishing for the moon here?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^^ samahan kita sa wish mo

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I really do not get how these bus drivers think. Para silang sino pero pag naka-aksidente magkakamot na lang ng ulo or magmamakaawa. May I know how did you manage to get the bus impounded? Would the MMDA automatically impound it and only released upon your approval?

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    f#cktard Malanday bus liner rear ended our Innova last Friday night on the EDSA - Ortigas flyover (dented the rear door, bumper and cracked the tail light). Idiot driver did not have his license on him and was even being an ass when i arrived at MMDA Orense to check on my girl cousin who was in the car when it was bumped.

We had the bus impounded. Now, the bus driver has been calling and asking for help as his operator is making him pay for the impounding and damages. We wont give a $h!t until the operator pays up for the damage. Pinagsasabihan pa kami to use our comprehensive insurance since insured naman daw kami.

Di daw nakayanan ng preno is his excuse. Its the same lame excuse as needing medical attention to avoid a Senate inquiry.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've known vinj since his college days. I don't know how he had the bus impounded but I'm pretty sure it would be stupid to mess with vinj.

Buti nga hindi niya pinaligpit yung driver.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz122805 View Post
    I really do not get how these bus drivers think. Para silang sino pero pag naka-aksidente magkakamot na lang ng ulo or magmamakaawa. May I know how did you manage to get the bus impounded? Would the MMDA automatically impound it and only released upon your approval?
    Basta hindi ka pa compensated, you can demand that the vehicle be impounded and released only if the damage to your vehicle/person has been fully reimbursed. Ganun talaga dapat.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I don't know how he had the bus impounded but I'm pretty sure it would be stupid to mess with vinj.
    Pinakita ko sa MMDA yung picture na kumakain ako sa Pizza Hut kasama ni Otep. Ayun, saludo sila tapos na-impound na.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz122805 View Post
    Officially, it was impounded "due to the bus having numerous, unsettled, traffic violations and accident records".

The sad thing about this is it was done immediately, mainly because of who knew us and whom we knew. Dapat SOP ito to anyone, in any given accident involving PUVs with no insurance or proper representation or resolution. The driver did not even have his license (or any mother effing form of identification) on him... for me dapat impound and detention/citation agad yung ganyan. Sinabihan ko nga siya (ng pabiro) na kung pinaligpit pala siya, di siya makikilala dahil walang kahit anong ID, kahit dun sa loob ng bus.

We came down harder this time because I was in a similar accident on EDSA some years ago and the bus company gave us hell just to get in touch with them for the damages. Even the MMDA personnel recommended havingthe bus impounded if we could since once you let go of it, these operators and drivers have a face so thick they wont give sh!t on anything.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for the tip!

Will add impounding of public utility vehicles in my repertoire when dealing with these scum.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Consistent si Nova Bus Line ah. Candidate na siya for the "Claire dela Fuente Award" 2011.

I don't get this LTFRB, "Shape up or face cancellation of franchise"??? Dapat cancel na lahat yan!

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/63357/l...-bus-companies

Most dangerous Metro Manila buses named
    LTFRB: Shape up or face cancelation of franchise

By Paolo G. Montecillo
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    10:47 pm | Thursday, September 22nd, 2011
    26share392 361

MANILA, Philippines—The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board has put together lists of the most dangerous buses in Metro Manila, based on the number of accidents that have resulted in deaths, injuries, and damage to property, and warned that they might lose their franchises.

LTFRB board member Manuel Iway on Thursday said the unprecedented move aims to urge companies to be more careful with the welfare of their passengers.
    “If they do not improve their operations to become safer, we will cancel their franchises,” he said in an interview.

The list is broken down into three categories—number of deaths, injuries and property damage—and is based on accident reports submitted by all public utility buses to the LTFRB. The lists published by the LTFRB cover the whole of 2010 and the first half of 2011.

Lists of the 10 most dangerous bus operators in Metro Manila:

Based on the number of deaths (passengers and bus personnel)
    1. Admiral Transport
    2. Nova Auto Transport
    3. JAM Liner
    4. Gassat Express
    5. Joyselle Express
    6. Philippine Corinthian Liner
    7. Rainbow Express Inc.
    8. Alberto Garating
    9. Alps the Bus
    10. EM Transit Service

Based on the number of injured (passengers and bus personnel)
    1. Admiral Transport
    2. Nova Auto Transport
    3. AM Liner
    4. Gassat Express
    5. Joyselle Express
    6. Miami Transport
    7. Pascual Liner
    8. Philippine Corinthian Liner
    9. Rainbow Express Inc.
    10. CEM Transit Service

Based on damage to property
    1. Don Mariano Transit
    2. Nova Auto Transport
    3. Gassat Express
    4. Miami Transport
    5. Pascual Liner
    6. Rainbow Express Inc.
    7. Ropal Transport
    8. A&B Liner
    9. GELL Transport
    10. CEM Transit Service

The Inquirer tried but failed to reach Claire de la Fuente, president of the Integrated Metropolitan Bus Operators Association, for comment.
    Her bus company, Philippine Corinthian Liner, ranked 6th among the bus firms in terms of number of accidents that led to deaths and 8th based on the number of accidents which resulted in injuries.
    On the same day it released the list, the LTFRB also temporarily suspended the franchises of two bus companies whose units recently figured in an accident.
    The management of Safeway Bus Lines and Universal Guiding Star Bus Line Corp. were ordered to halt their operations for 30 days as the transport board asked them to explain why their franchises should not be canceled permanently.
    Three people were injured on September 20 when two buses belonging to the firms figured in an accident in Quezon City.
    Since the start of the year, the LTFRB has been cracking down on bus companies that frequently figure in mishaps, particularly on major thoroughfares such as Edsa and Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City.
    Iway said that the agency was also drafting rules that would make it mandatory for drivers and conductors of public utility vehicle to receive fixed salaries instead of earning on a commission basis.
    “With the current system, many drivers are often exhausted or lack sleep because they are forced to work long hours,” Iway said, adding, “This puts the safety of passengers in jeopardy.”

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Was just about to comment also on the Jell Transport i encountered last Friday night on EDSA. He was speeding, tailgating, and swerving like hell.

Jell transit talaga the worst imo sa edsa. Parang training ata ng mga driver nila mangarera, ang manggitgit

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mga bus na grabe kung makapangarera...reckless pa