New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gen Miting,

Hindi po over limit fee. Finance charge po ang 10K+. 500 pesos po ang over limit fee na pina waive ko at hindi binayaran. Paid the balance. So ang balance for the billing statement is 500 pesos that I thought was waived. I was told by the their call center agent that it was waived and I dont need to pay it.

They are charging me over 10K for a 500 peso balance that was supposed to have been waived.

Anyway, I faxed the billing statments and explained it to the MBTC manager I normally deal with. Lets wait and see if she can resolve this.

I'll update later.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also had the late and finance charges on my HSBC waived last week, kasi naman I paid in check on due date but I think after 1 pm na dinala ng inutasan ko...so in effect next banking day na na credit.. just called their customer service and had it waive..

and I agree with Boybi, parang lenient nga sa Metrobank, yesterday pinapacut na ng wife ko yun mga CC niya na maliit ang mga limit (80K-100K), at retain na lang yun mga golds and platinum,...when she called Metrobank and requested na cut na offer sa kanya na lifetime membership fee na lang daw siya huwag lang i cut, and when she said hinde na nga kailangan sinc emeron siyang mga gold cads na, tinanong yun limit g gold card niya sa HSBC and tataptan na lang nila plus free lifetime memebership fee..pwede na rin...hehehe

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Just this morning a messenger delivered a Metrobank credit card for my wife. But she said she never applied for one and that she is not even a client of said bank. Nor has anyone solicited or offered it. At first she refused but on second thought accepted, suspecting that somebody might use it instead, if returned. I just find it kinda strange. Ganyan ba talaga ang Metrobank? Or other credit card companies?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord View Post
    Just this morning a messenger delivered a Metrobank credit card for my wife. But she said she never applied for one and that she is not even a client of said bank. Nor has anyone solicited or offered it. At first she refused but on second thought accepted, suspecting that somebody might use it instead, if returned. I just find it kinda strange. Ganyan ba talaga ang Metrobank? Or other credit card companies?
    ganyan na yata talaga..my wife yesterday also received Union Bank CC naman, w/o her applying for one...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord View Post

Yes ganyan nga mga bangko, my wife also received a Gold BdO credit card. Nung mag-inquire sya sabi dahil daw may savings account nya. WTF. Eh joint account namin yon, dahil ba may card na ako kaya misis ko ang pinadalhan? Sabi ko kay misis ipa cancel nya kasi alam ko ang Gold card ng BdO ay P3,000 ang annual fee.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Userfriendly, fact is you didn't pay the P500 over-limit fee so MB's system thinks you revolved and calculated the finance charge for the FULL outstanding balance. That's why you got hit for P10,000 in finance charges. In a situation like that, pay whatever is due in full, including any charges you are disputing so that you don't get into hassles like these. Working on the disputed charges can follow. Otherwise, their system will keep on computing finance charges until you settle all your outstanding balance.

People think that cash is the solution to all this. I have to disagree. Many of the card companies already have a fuel card. Everytime you fill up, you get a rebate as much as 3-5% of your fuel purchase. That's savings you won't get with cash. Secondly, if you love buying parts and accessories, ordering from the internet requires the use of a credit card. Some however accept funds transfers but there's no buyer protection in case the goods don't arrive or are damaged in transit. If the item was purchased via credit card, one can always have the charges reversed if the goods are not to your satisfaction. All my upgrades for my ride were purchased overseas through the internet. Saves again as the same items are sold here at much higher prices. Third, in case of an emergency, say like hospitalization, you going to put up cash for deposit? Looking for an ATM and taking cash out in the dead of the night is unsafe. Fourth, if you travel overseas, you need a credit card to check into hotels, rent a car, shop, etc. There's a limit as to how much cash you can bring out of the country.

In a way, credit cards help the government in its tax collection effort to provide better services. Shops that accept only cash might not be paying taxes due the government. With credit card transactions, there's no way they can get away from paying the VAT as the card companies deduct the 12% VAT at settlement with the shop. Whether the government does use this money to good use, that's another story.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by al shaheen View Post
    Yes ganyan nga mga bangko, my wife also received a Gold BdO credit card. Nung mag-inquire sya sabi dahil daw may savings account nya. WTF. Eh joint account namin yon, dahil ba may card na ako kaya misis ko ang pinadalhan? Sabi ko kay misis ipa cancel nya kasi alam ko ang Gold card ng BdO ay P3,000 ang annual fee.
    Pinadalhan din wife ko ng BDO CC na may kasama pang SM Advantage card. Joint account din kami sa BDO, akala ko nga dahil sya ang madalas na nagpupunta ng BDO e sya lang binigyan ng card After a few days, may natanggap din ako, same gold card with SM advantage card. Pero di rin namin pina-activate, ayoko na ng maraming cards.

al shaheen, kung need nyo yung CC ng BDO, at takot ka lang sa annual fee, pwede mo naman ipa-waive yun pagna-bill na sayo yung fee. All credit card companies can waive the annual fees. Kausapin nyo lang ng mahusay.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hassle talaga yang Metrobank na yan sa billing services nila ...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    i swear wifey was almost in tears when i cut up the cards i had to make up for it, sabi ko dagdagan ko na lang budget nya ng 15k (whick is cheaper since she charges 30k sa card average monthly) and we will be better off paying in cash.
    hmmm...magandang idea ito ah.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hardright,
    amen to that.

and i thought i was furious with the 3k+ finance charge for my metrobank card. the 10k finance charge sure takes the cake. my story is almost the same as the thread starter except that i intentionally did not pay my annual fee for i have spoken with the branch manager regrading the waiving of such fee. turns out in the next bill i was charged for 3k+ for not settling the entire amount (excluded annual fee) the month before. well of course i was furious and demanded that the branch manager reverse the said charges. when complaining of charges from credit card companies its usually better to just talk to the manager of the bank as they have the sole authority to reverse charges. call center agents can't do anything about it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
metrobank credit card