New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Yup I do have auxiliary lights (driving lights/fog lights) and use them all the time. And they are aimed correctly and properly, as a courtesy to the incoming driver. Me thread dito for aiming foglights, I go to camspeed at alabang and ask for their technician to aim it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its just a matter of proper aiming IMO. Nagkabit nga ako ng relays sa headlights the other day. I replaced my bulbs to 100w/80w. Kanina minura ako ng kasalubong ko (kinda funny how he said it tho).

...I think i need to re-aim them...will check the aim tonight.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    No offense to all fog lamp users in metro manila but seriously, when was the last time anyone has seen a fog here?

If you don't see a fog, just leave them off. That's why they are called fog lamps in the first place, right?
    Last edited by Hibiki; May 5th, 2007 at 11:43 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    having recently bought an Innova which had Fog Lamps that are stock, i always use the fog lamps and not the headlights for some reason.. para kasing adequate light na yun foglamps lalo na pag street driving lang.. i seldom use the headlight nga which are stock din because it might create glare sa mga kasalubong, lalo na pag bright kasi grabe bright light ng Innova e.. parang hanggang kabilang kanto..

is it wrong what i am doing? parklights lang ako and foglamps (tingin ko naman tama beam angle pababa kasi i can see the ring or band of light e).. di naman sa nagyayabang ako ng fog lamps kasi papalitan ko bulbs nun if that was the case.. i really like lang talaga how it illuminates the road mas maliwanag and detailed.. pero pag madilim syempre gagamit din ako ng headlights..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc MD View Post
    having recently bought an Innova which had Fog Lamps that are stock, i always use the fog lamps and not the headlights for some reason.. para kasing adequate light na yun foglamps lalo na pag street driving lang.. i seldom use the headlight nga which are stock din because it might create glare sa mga kasalubong, lalo na pag bright kasi grabe bright light ng Innova e.. parang hanggang kabilang kanto..

is it wrong what i am doing? parklights lang ako and foglamps (tingin ko naman tama beam angle pababa kasi i can see the ring or band of light e).. di naman sa nagyayabang ako ng fog lamps kasi papalitan ko bulbs nun if that was the case.. i really like lang talaga how it illuminates the road mas maliwanag and detailed.. pero pag madilim syempre gagamit din ako ng headlights..
    You should run the headlamps and not the fogs. Like the article said, foreground light will constrict the pupils due to the readily available foreground light. Di mo makikita yung malayo kapag ganyan. Fog lamps are there so you could see what's directly in front of you. Hence you should drive slowly.

Clearly it's a mistake of "akala ko" like you said you think it's adequate enough to use the fogs pero in reality yon ang nag cause ng glare hindi yung headlights dahil yung headlights nakaturo more forward than down. Standing water will reflect it up to other drivers more than headlights.

When in the parking lot like Megamall or parking buildings, yun lang ang time ko gumamit ng fog lamps para kita ko yung curb (alam mo naman minsan masikip). After getting out onto the road I switch them off and turn on the headlamps.

The only time headlamps cause glare is if they are running overwattage bulbs AND not aimed properly. Or if the high beams are used in city driving, aimed or not. High beams provide a good throw of light above the headlight level. Low beams provide a throw of light below the headlight level. Both high and low beams illuminate the distance. Fog lamps illuminate the direct foreground.

Quote Originally Posted by fuego4x2 View Post
    No offense to all fog lamp users in metro manila but seriously, when was the last time anyone has seen a fog here?

If you don't see a fog, just leave them off. That's why they are called fog lamps in the first place, right?
    Good point, but street lighting in Manila isn't that great either. I would only recommend fog lamps when driving slowly, where you need to see the perimeter of your lane. Fog lamps are also great when there is a lot of dust/smoke around. Have you driven in real fog? If so you'll know that the headlamps will blind you (I've experienced it myself) dahil nag reflect back yung ilaw due to the precipitation/fog.
    Last edited by mbeige; May 6th, 2007 at 08:59 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since my vehicle (2006 Starex) isn't equipped with daytime running lights, is it all right to use the stock fog lights together with the position lights in lieu of DRLs if I am driving on a provincial highway?

My aim is to be more readily visible to oncoming motorists, especially those who might be planning to overtake at an inopportune time if they do not see my vehicle approaching.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego4x2 View Post

Agree ako dito.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    that is why I use an auxiliary light that has a driving and fog light function, so that I can use them in the right situation.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i think we should differentiate first between "fog lamps" and "auxilliary driving lights".

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    nagtataka nga ako eh, yung iba nagpupumilit magkabit ng fog lamps sa auto nila. Ayos lang sana kung by default nakakabit na.

Sa paakyat ng Antipolo po pag around 3AM to 4AM ma-fog din. Kaya may silbi din ang foglamps ko. hehehe

How about naka patay ang headlight pero naka-on ang fog lamp? Okay lang ba sa inyo yun?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Message to Irresponsible Fog Lamp Users