New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A121
    ok pala sa love electronics sa fairview. the technician carried the TV for me, diagnosed it for free and carried it back to my car (mahal kasi yung pagawa kaya pull-out ko na lang). I was giving the technician P20 para sa softdrinks pero sabi nya kasama talaga sa trabaho nila yun. Nakalibre pa ako ng tawag sa bahay. Astig!
    yon ang mga shop (na meski di nila ngawa unit, dahil pull out) e alam mo babalikan mo dahil sa mga "intangibles". Good will ba. Tulad ni bb inuman lang ok na. Pero i understand that these shops e kelangan kumita (para san pa na nag nenegosyo sila).

in fairness sa PCMedics, di ko alam kung magaling talaga sila. major turn-off lang talaga yong pricing policy nila. ang feeling ko lang e alang ka-amor-amor sa goodwill dahil presyohan kaagad ang umiral. di ko pa naman subok e....e di don na muna ako sa mababa presyo (o libre). ngayon kung palpak gawa, e iba kwento na yan. kung sabagay, tuld ng marame sa inyo, nagiging common sense na nga ata yong computer repair no? Salpak salpak lang ng cards...kunek kunek lang ng cables...

may trauma lang kase ako nong maliit pa ako...nag eksperimento utol ko (si big brother sa tv namin...nag DIY...ayun pag sindi ko, pumutok! ang dame usok kala ko namatay na ko e. hehe...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    after 5 years ng thread na ito naligaw ako.

dati akong tech ng pc medics at sa tingin ko ok lang ang 400 pesos na diagnostic fee

meron lasing mga kumag na customer papacheck yung pc nila tapos pag nalaman na kung ano sira saka ipo-pullout yung unit..

minalas lang yung ts kasi yung may-ari ang nakausap nya

kung tama ang pagka alala ko sa expences ng shop ay ito

rent: 18,000 / mo
    kuryente/tubig: 11,000 / mo
    employee 4 person: 30,000 / mo

+ yearly taxes, adds etc...

sa ngayon sarado na pc medics nung 2007 pa kasi hindi na kinaya ang lugi.

sa mga may inquiry about sa pc just send me a message,

free lang ;)

-regards

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    bakit kaya mahal ang koryente namin naabot 12,000 samantalang sa PC shop ang dami ng PC at naka aircon pa. kami naka aircon pero 1lang PC. dahil kaya sa PC ko ito?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    unless you're running an HD 5970 as your video card, the whole PC, at worst, will consume around 300-500W. Your aircon on the other hand, well that uses up 1KW if im not mistaken.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    mas mura sa gilmore magpagawa.. marami pang parts na pagpipilian hirap lang parking!

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Kaya nga nag-aral ako mag-upgrade at basic repair ng computer namin... alam ko na pag PSU, RAM, HDD/hardware problem lang sya. Pag di ko maayos, I try reformatting and reinstalling everything first. Rarely do I need to go to a computer tech pa.

About a month ago lang, I wanted to make sure all the components were installed correctly before and after doing an upgrade kaya kumuha ako ng tech. Nagtataka ako when I had him clean the insides of my computer he asked, "Sir, 1gig ang RAM nito no?" I told him no, it was 2gig. He kept insisting it was just one gig kaya we removed the RAM, di namin makita dun kaya I booted up the PC then showed him. Tahimik lang sya. I made sure he saw it kasi I was suspecting that he planned to switch some parts.

When I was just a newbie and didn't know much about computers, andaming times na kaming naloko. Once I hired our hospital's free-lance computer tech ganyan din nangyari, bumaba ang RAM namin... I asked him if he replaced it, nagalit pa. May isa pa nagpalagay ako ng isa pang PCI device, pag-uwi namin di naman gumagana. I had another tech take a look at it, mali pala lagay.

I finally decided to learn a little bit about the computers kaya ngayon ako na nag-aayos ng computers namin. Kahit sa hospital namin ako ang nag-upgrade at install ng department computer namin.

Do you know that when you buy the branded desktops you're paying almost 1/4 to a half more than when you just make/install your own?
    About 6 months ago I bought an amd athlon II x2 system whose parts I myself installed. When I checked with the branded ones, I had a better-performing, higher-end system than the one they're selling at villman for almost the same price!

So my point is, try to learn about computers so you can outsmart the computer technicians.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    No offense to the good technicians out there, ha. I know there are a lot of good and honest PC technicians...pero I've yet to meet one.

Anyway, about two years ago, I offered to fix my sister-in-law's computer. I cleaned it up, removed all the dust bunnies, polished the expansion card contacts, etc. I also replaced the crappy silicon thermal compound with the good stuff (AS5). The IDE cable for her HDDs were partially munched on by mice so I donated my unused rounded IDE cable.
    I then proceeded to reroute the wiring to improve the airflow, etc. And what the heck, pangit naman na flat cable din yung sa FDD drive niya...so I also donated a rounded FDD cable. Once done, everything looked really nice.

Some months later, she asks my wife to help her with her PC again. She had a technician upgrade her HDD to a bigger capacity one. The technician borked the OS installation and the machine won't run properly.

I had her bring her PC to our house. Since the HDD was changed, I decided to inspect the case to see if the Technician "preserved" my neat wiring.

ABA! QUE HORROR!

The inside looked like it was hit by a grenade! Wires everywhere.
    Worse, the rounded IDE and FDD cables were GONE! They were replaced by fugly FLAT IDE cables whose headers were already faded! It was as if those cables were used during Jose Rizal's time!

The ZIPties that I used to neatly route the internal wires were all clipped off. Not only was the technician a thief, galit din siya sa hidden wires. All the technician had to do was to unplug the IDE header and the molex from the HDD and reinsert the new HDD, then replug. But no. He undid all the wiring and stole the nice cables.

Worse, he replaced the uniform/consistent screws used on the HDD and the expansion cards with rusty assorted screws. Bwisit talaga!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    No offense to the good technicians out there, ha. I know there are a lot of good and honest PC technicians...pero I've yet to meet one.
    same predicament here. i don't know anyone to trust in my stead for my friends in MM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Maski saan WAG lang sa PC Medics sa Kalayaan (near QCity Hall)