New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to drive in aguinaldo hiway even on weekends and you'll see a lot of luxury cars and SUV's with red plates. Yabang pa nila dahil sisirenahan ka pag di mo sila pinadaan (weekend ha) tapos ang lalakas ng loob mag-counter flow. mukhang may opisina na sila sa tagaytay pag weekends.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Hold on guys. Red plates are supposedly "for official use only", which means you can't take it to the mall on a weekend. I think car-as-a-benefit for employees should be green plated.
    oo nga naman. wala namang red plate na pwedeng gamitin for non-official use. i have relatives in government and they have their own vehicles pero green plates sila hindi red.

In short, KAPAL MUKS talaga yung mga gumagamit ng red plated vehicles for their own agenda.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    basta govt vehicles are for official govt use only... OFFICIAL BUSINESS. it doesnt mean na if u work in the government e pwede na pampasyal, panghatid, pamalengke, pang gimik, etc kasi opisyal ang gumagamit hehe. Pero la naman magawa...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    oo nga, grabe nasasayang yung tax na binabayaran natin. mas mabuti pa dating freelancer ako, d ako nagbabayad ng tax.. kaso ngayon, employed na kaya diretso kaltas na

kahapon lang nabasa ko sa dyaryo, dinagdagan na naman yung pork barrel ng mga congressman, kesyo naipasa na nila yung tax bills na hinihingi ni glorya at madami na daw nakokolekta sa buwis na yun... kita mo nga naman pagiisip ng mga trapo natin oh.. d man lang nila naisip na ipunin muna yung perang nakolekta pambayad ng mga utang natin o pampondo sa ibang proyekto. sarili agad nila iniisip. kung babasahin mo ang constitution, ang role ng mga congressman at senators ay gumawa ng batas, hindi mag allocate ng pera para sa mga pet projects nila na pa-pogi points lang.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Talagang halimaw ang gobyerno natin. Mga tuta sila ni Satanas. Issuing R-VAT to already struggling citizens, Makati making a business out of color coding and ill-placed street signs, policemen hitting those who only want to express their woes in pursuit of a better nation, you name it. You think illegal use of red-plated cars, or buying really expensive vehicles for 'official' use is the worst it can get?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    There should be a value limit when it comes to government cars. If a certain government employee wants a more expensive vehicle, he should just buy his own. The red platers are supposed to be service vehicles only - entailing no vanity whatsoever.

It's better to keep things uniform, regardless whether or not a certain department is income-generating. It's bad enough we don't get to know where our taxes go in the first place.
    There is... usually only director positions and up are issued vehicles.

Our neighbor from DPWH (a director) has been using a beat-up 80's pickup for years... it was just replaced recently by a Nissan Urvan. Compact SUVs are usually issued to the heads of those agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by number0001
    Why, I have seen red plates on two fat-gas-guzzling Lincoln Town Cars, both in white and black. I have also seen a couple of Ford Expeditions with red plates (previous body)
    AFAIK, those are PAGCOR vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    Oo nga naman. even people in government need perks too. Di naman porque gobyerno e cheapo beater lang dapat ang auto.
    Yup, as if only those in the private sector has the privilege. Those government agencies who give good perks & even salaries to their employees have minimal incidents of graft & corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Talagang halimaw ang gobyerno natin. Mga tuta sila ni Satanas. Issuing R-VAT to already struggling citizens, Makati making a business out of color coding and ill-placed street signs, policemen hitting those who only want to express their woes in pursuit of a better nation, you name it. You think illegal use of red-plated cars, or buying really expensive vehicles for 'official' use is the worst it can get?
    On the other hand... if private businesses properly remitted their net output VAT we wouldn't need the RVAT. BIR estimates that 1/3 of the total VAT is not remitted or about 40B pesos a year. Add to that the unfiled income of professionals.

We always point to the government the fault when us private citizens are also at fault. So they used a hundred million pesos for those new vehicles... some pocketed a few million from shady deals... and so on. But what about the 100 billion pesos not remitted by private citizens? So who is the halimaw now?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by arisxtian
    basta govt vehicles are for official govt use only... OFFICIAL BUSINESS. it doesnt mean na if u work in the government e pwede na pampasyal, panghatid, pamalengke, pang gimik, etc kasi opisyal ang gumagamit hehe. Pero la naman magawa...
    Mismo!

Hehe, sa mga malls lang kapag masikip ang parking at Sunday may mga makikita kang red plates, may natutulog pang driver sa loob na naka aircon.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    We always point to the government the fault when us private citizens are also at fault. So they used a hundred million pesos for those new vehicles... some pocketed a few million from shady deals... and so on. But what about the 100 billion pesos not remitted by private citizens? So who is the halimaw now?
    If I may ask you sir, who would want to be honest in paying taxes when you see rampant corruption in the government? Part of what you're referring to is smuggling I guess. These people presume that the extra money they pay, perhaps more than twice the value of the goods they're illegally importing, will only go to the wrong hands.

In simpler terms, private businesses are simply cheating on cheaters.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slicker_boi
    If I may ask you sir, who would want to be honest in paying taxes when you see rampant corruption in the government? Part of what you're referring to is smuggling I guess. These people presume that the extra money they pay, perhaps more than twice the value of the goods they're illegally importing, will only go to the wrong hands.

In simpler terms, private businesses are simply cheating on cheaters.
    So who cheated first? So are private citizens entitled to embezzling corporate funds, inducing artificial shortages, tax evasion, BRIBERY (walang hihingi ng lagay kung walang magbibigay ng lagay), piracy, buying smuggled goods, et al? Private citizens are entitled to car plans and all that stuff, so why not the government?

People complain about government people's salaries being big. They also complain about incompetent government employees. Well, let's see, all the good people were nicked by the private corporations with better perks. Nobody complains how big the boss' salary in a private corporation is! Ill gotten wealth is one thing, but a big salary shouldn't be a big deal!

In simpler terms, private people should be higher forms of life while the government deserves nothing.

If I was a country, I would not want people who think like you as my citizens.

I personally don't really care what kind of car the red plates are on. It's just a damn car. "Official use" isn't even defined in a clear manner. Now, if red plated cars, whether they be Norkis Legacies or Cadillac Escalades, go around wang-wanging in the middle of EDSA with guns sticking out of the windows, that's something else.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; April 18th, 2006 at 08:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Being in the government shouldn't really be a load of perks and privileges, should it? A noble government employee or official vows to serve the country, ensuring its welfare. If they want to be rich, they should sweat it out themselves and not rely on the perspiration of the country.

It's also the government's job to set a good example on honesty. There is a set of laws. It isn't effectively enforced. Some can get away with it. If the justice system is fair to everyone, then there can be order once and for all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Maroon X-Trail with Red Plates