New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I think Mapua should have stood by their rules. Because unfair din naman kung sa iba na naapektuhan ng MRR unless yung iba pa e magreklamo din sa media.

Yung MRR is actually a good prectice if you look at it with improvement in mind. Kasi naman anong klaseng school yun kapag after 8 years e di parin nagbabago or nag uupdate ng curriculum.

Dun sa nagsabi na you don't need a diploma to be sucessful in life that's very true but for most of us kailangan pa rin talaga para makapag start ng career.

OT.
    Miss ko na yung mga moments kapag may NCAA at tambak na ang Mapua ng ibang school, oras na para sumigaw ng Pu_t_ng In* mo na chant sa kalaban. Atsaka yung chant na.... Aso, Pusa, Baste amoy P_ _e!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    ^ The school should know better than give way to mob mentality.
    In the case of that school in the Visayas, they did not give in and paid for it in terms of bad publicity which hit their enrollments the year after... but they're in it for the long run and will stick to their guns on improving the quality and getting over the diploma mill status the previous owners built it up into.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Next we'll be hearing how Gokongwei owns Ateneo...
    Or worse, MVP owns both TADMU and San Beda!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    I think Mapua should have stood by their rules. Because unfair din naman kung sa iba na naapektuhan ng MRR unless yung iba pa e magreklamo din sa media.

I partly agree with this. My argument is schools that utilize this system should also be thoughtful about the future of its students, and instead of forcing them to repeat (oh God who wants to repeat EVERYTHING in his/her curriculum) they should be assisting him in transferring the student to a more applicable program to his academic capabilities.

To all the people who thinks that guy really deserved having his units "discredited". Really? 8 years of work going down the drain. Kung hindi kaya magpakamatay yung tao after gawin sakanya yun..

Personally I know a case like this. 400/404 units sa curriculum na sya. Transferred to another school then wanted to transfer back but was denied. Man, 4 units/ subjects away from finishing a curriculum, and they deny admission? Pure heartlessness, from any perspective.. At least move the student to an "easier" curriculum which may translate to a few terms more.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Mapua is finished! The Glorious School is no more but a mere shadow of its reputation