New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Mga brod salamat talaga sa mga comments. They really help a lot. I remember well yung sinasabi nyo na natelevise sa TV at radio na bawal yung tinted plate covers pero as for colored plate covers that does not hinder the view of your plates di ko matandaan (baka nabingi ako at that time )

Ang sa akin lang naman, cge if I violated their ordinance, is 2500 worth the fine??? Kung 250 lang cguro binayaran ko na, pero 2500?!?!?! IMHO if we let these suckers for money feel na babayaran natin sila with that kind of money for simple violations such as using plate covers then what kind of violation will they think of next?!?!?! Baka naman ipagbawal na nila ang paggamit ng sun glasses sa loob ng kotse kasi it hinders the drivers face view (j/k) hehehe.

Do you think that putting accessories in your vehicle such as plate covers constitute a traffic ordinance violation?!?!? Think twice or thrice bros. Traffic ordinance violations are beating the red light, illegal counterflowing, turning on no-u turn, etc. and those should have heavy fines and penalties. Eh dun sa list ng MAPSA yung right turn on red signal Php 550 lang!!!

They should create an Illegal use of vehicle accessories ordinance (SH?T pag nagkaroon nito di ko kasalanan ha)

For me LTO's Php 150 is fair enough a fine plus consfiscation of the plate covers or destruction na lang. Sa totoo lang kahit di na nila isoli yung covers ko ok lang (they're worth 300 petot anyway). I'll just find other means to protect my plates maybe spray them with clear coat

Iyan ang ipaglalaban namin sa hearing. Manalo man o matalo at least maipapaabot ko yung mensahe ko sa kanila ng maayos at hindi yung makikipagtalo ako sa isang MAPSA officer sa daan o di kaya eh susuhulan ko sya. Nasasanay na ang mga bwayang yan and partly who are to blame???
    you are assailing the reasonableness of the fine (or lack of it). in law, trying to invalidate a statute is one of the toughest things. any ordinance passed by a sangguniang panglunsod carries with it a heavy presumption of validity.

the jurisdiction of the hearing you are going to is only to determine whether you violated the ordinance or not. i'd try being contrite, polite and point out the lightness of your tint not as an exculpating defense but as a mitigating circumstance. the hearing officer may have the discretion to limit the fine or even let you go. good luck!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    regarding "tinted" plate covers, i see no other purpose in using one other than to get away with coding violation..
    Simple analogy: bakit tayo nagpapa-tint ng windows sa sasakyan?
    a) To lessen the heat and block UV rays, thus making the inside of the car, cooler
    b) May masama tayong balak sa loob, esp. pag may chicks na kasama, hehehe

Conclusion: b) Naiinitan ang license plates, baka magkaroon ng tan, kaya may tint

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    IMHO. tama na hinuli ka ng mapsa dahil sa plate cover mo, me color kase yan. Ako nga kung minsan di ko din maintindihan kung bawal din ang clear plate cover... pero sa palagay ko ay hindi. Dahil araw-araw ako dito sa Makati simula pa ng mauso ang plate cover sa kotse at kahit minsan ay di ako hinuli dahil sa clear plate cover.

Tama ang comment ng iba, dapat lang na laging malinis at clearly visible ang plate. .....
    .... Isa pa pala, yung ilaw natin sa back plate ay importante din.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Anu na kaya nangyari sa kaso?

My take on the subject:

If I were to buy a plate protector, I'd buy one that only covers the sides of my plates and not the body. No clear film/acrylic or even glass. Para hindi lang matupi.

Why?

Our plates are specially painted with reflective paint that even at the faintest light conditions in a dark area, our plate numbers can still be seen, much like reflectors on a bicycle. If you put clear glass over it, light will be reflected OFF THE GLASS and not off the reflective paint of your car's plate. If the cover is made out of acrylic, it will cloud the plate with light (light being refracted in all directions within the acrylic itself).

One may easily see covered plate numbers during the day. How about at night time? Paano kung na-carnap yung auto niyo and hindi ma-identify ng taungbayan ang plate number kasi hindi makita sa gabi? Worse. paano kung kayo ang na-hit and run ng mga ganitong klaseng sasakyan sa gabi?

Please stay away from those plate covers, maski clear pa siya. It defeats the purpose of our car plates at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Simple analogy: bakit tayo nagpapa-tint ng windows sa sasakyan?
    a) To lessen the heat and block UV rays, thus making the inside of the car, cooler
    b) May masama tayong balak sa loob, esp. pag may chicks na kasama, hehehe

Conclusion: b) Naiinitan ang license plates, baka magkaroon ng tan, kaya may tint

He he he! Made my day!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    My take on the subject:

If I were to buy a plate protector, I'd buy one that only covers the sides of my plates and not the body. No clear film/acrylic or even glass. Para hindi lang matupi.

Why?

Our plates are specially painted with reflective paint that even at the faintest light conditions in a dark area, our plate numbers can still be seen, much like reflectors on a bicycle. If you put clear glass over it, light will be reflected OFF THE GLASS and not off the reflective paint of your car's plate. If the cover is made out of acrylic, it will cloud the plate with light (light being refracted in all directions within the acrylic itself).

One may easily see covered plate numbers during the day. How about at night time? Paano kung na-carnap yung auto niyo and hindi ma-identify ng taungbayan ang plate number kasi hindi makita sa gabi? Worse. paano kung kayo ang na-hit and run ng mga ganitong klaseng sasakyan sa gabi?

Please stay away from those plate covers, maski clear pa siya. It defeats the purpose of our car plates at night.
    Ito ang gusto ko!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i have blue colored plates sa blue crv ko. bagay na bagay di ko pa naman nadadala sa makati pero naikot ko na sa Greenhills, Libis, Ortigas, QC, Mandaluyong, Pasay ng ilang taon na. wala naman pumapansin

siguro dapat ang bilhin mo colored plate cover eh yun kakulay ng sasakyan mo para di halata. may illusion ba

ah nadala ko pala sa Makati last week, pero wala naman humuli. ilang stoplight din sa Pasong Tamo saka Mile long dinaanan ko. My CRV also has super dark tinted windshield with a Mason sticker sa harap and beside the plate number sa likod.

====

dati naman when I still had my strada, I beat the red light. a patrol car chased me but let me go. may Mason sticker din kasi yun strada eh
    Last edited by oldblue; October 11th, 2007 at 02:41 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Now I know why kung bakit medyo mahal bili ko sa clear glass plate cover ko. I always wondered why slanted yung cover glass from top going down pa-inside. This is to avoid direct light reflection especially coming from the headlights of the car behind you.

Anyway, 6 moths when I bought my very 1st car and since day 1 from getting the plates eh naka-plate cover na. Always going to Makati (taga manda lang kasi ako) pero never flagged down because of the clear plate cover in Makati.

Regardless of what the intent use of the plate cover is (mine is clearly for protecting the plates from getting dirty or being folded and to make it more diffucult to steal the plates, kasi yung mga new plates eh sub-standard ang yari at mabilis mag-fade yung paint), I think the fine of 2,500 is resonable enough. Why? Para di na umulit yung mga violators.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yep, just like speeding here costs a lot, penalties should be increased so people would make it a point not to commit the same mistake.

I don't have plate covers on my cars, neither does my dad back there. A plate frame is good to have but one with a cover easily traps dirt inside lalo na dyan where it rains quite often. Even if my original California plate does not reflect back light (the new white ones do) I still keep them both frameless because it's such a clean look. The original frame that came with the car actually scratched part of the plate, which is not obvious but to me I like to keep things original or original looking so no frames/covers for me.

If you're scared about people stealing your plates, change the bolts to more secure ones that only you can remove easily.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
MAPSA Incident - Colored Plate Cover Fine = Php2500.00