New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the story was wrong.....here is the real story....wow mali!!! it only shows that whoever the reporter was, eh don't really check the facts first before reporting it....

‘Extortion’ tale leaves new LTO chief amused
    By Riza T. Olchondra
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 06:31:00 02/05/2008
    MANILA, Philippines -- Flash report: Newly appointed Land Transportation Office (LTO) chief Alberto Suansing fell victim to “extortion” after being flagged down for a traffic violation.
    At least that was how a radio report put it early Monday -- until an amused Suansing gave his version.
    Suansing said the report -- first aired by dzBB and then posted on gmanews.tv -- probably “retold out of proportion” an anecdote he had shared with LTO employees at Monday’s flag-raising ceremony.
    In an interview with the Inquirer, he said this was how the “extortion” tale began:
    On his way to the LTO head office in Quezon City from his residence in Sta. Cruz, Manila, he spotted several jeepneys parked on Tayuman Street, waiting for passengers and illegally using the lane as a terminal.
    Approaching the drivers, he also found them to be “not in uniform” and one of them had an expired traffic violation ticket in lieu of his confiscated license.
    “I told (this driver) that it is an additional offense to drive without a license, but he explained that he could not redeem his license for he could barely make ends meet,” Suansing said.
    Taking pity on the driver, Suansing said, he handed him P500 so he could pay the fine and finally get his license back.
    Suansing said he didn’t bother to take the driver’s name but he could still remember the man’s face.
    When the LTO chief later recalled the incident at the flag-raising ceremony, he humored the gathering: “Ako pa ang nakotongan (I fell victim to extortion, of all people.)”
    Hours later, gmanews.tv reported that Suansing was flagged down in Manila on Monday morning and that the accosting officer asked for money. The website quoted a dzBB report, which in turn cited “reports reaching the Manila Police District” as its source.
    The report added that Suansing “heeded the request” of the unnamed traffic enforcer before introducing himself, after which the “shocked” officer repeatedly apologized.
    “It was not clear how the LTO chief reprimanded the erring traffic enforcer,” the web report said.
    But Suansing later insisted in the Philippine Daily Inquirer interview that “what I said in jest may have been retold out of proportion.”
    “Never again,” he said would he be as considerate to that one lucky driver should their paths cross again. “He has been shown mercy, he has been informed. Next time, he goes straight to jail.”
    Last edited by shadow; February 5th, 2008 at 08:37 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Aba ang bait naman pala.

Pero bakit pa sya nagbigay ng PhP 500? pwede namang i-write off na lang yung cost pag-claim..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Aba ang bait naman pala.

Pero bakit pa sya nagbigay ng PhP 500? pwede namang i-write off na lang yung cost pag-claim..

eh kaya na niyang bawiin yun P500, dahil LTO chief na siya...hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang layo ng kwento ah! Talaga naman, mapaganda lang ang balita.

Good luck to the new chief. He's got his work cut out for him.

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    ‘Extortion’ tale leaves new LTO chief amused
    By Riza T. Olchondra
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 06:31:00 02/05/2008
    MANILA, Philippines -- Flash report: Newly appointed Land Transportation Office (LTO) chief Alberto Suansing fell victim to “extortion” after being flagged down for a traffic violation.
    At least that was how a radio report put it early Monday -- until an amused Suansing gave his version.
    Suansing said the report -- first aired by dzBB and then posted on gmanews.tv -- probably “retold out of proportion” an anecdote he had shared with LTO employees at Monday’s flag-raising ceremony.
    In an interview with the Inquirer, he said this was how the “extortion” tale began:
    On his way to the LTO head office in Quezon City from his residence in Sta. Cruz, Manila, he spotted several jeepneys parked on Tayuman Street, waiting for passengers and illegally using the lane as a terminal.
    Approaching the drivers, he also found them to be “not in uniform” and one of them had an expired traffic violation ticket in lieu of his confiscated license.
    “I told (this driver) that it is an additional offense to drive without a license, but he explained that he could not redeem his license for he could barely make ends meet,” Suansing said.
    Taking pity on the driver, Suansing said, he handed him P500 so he could pay the fine and finally get his license back.
    Suansing said he didn’t bother to take the driver’s name but he could still remember the man’s face.
    When the LTO chief later recalled the incident at the flag-raising ceremony, he humored the gathering: “Ako pa ang nakotongan (I fell victim to extortion, of all people.)”
    Hours later, gmanews.tv reported that Suansing was flagged down in Manila on Monday morning and that the accosting officer asked for money. The website quoted a dzBB report, which in turn cited “reports reaching the Manila Police District” as its source.
    The report added that Suansing “heeded the request” of the unnamed traffic enforcer before introducing himself, after which the “shocked” officer repeatedly apologized.
    “It was not clear how the LTO chief reprimanded the erring traffic enforcer,” the web report said.
    But Suansing later insisted in the Philippine Daily Inquirer interview that “what I said in jest may have been retold out of proportion.”
    “Never again,” he said would he be as considerate to that one lucky driver should their paths cross again. “He has been shown mercy, he has been informed. Next time, he goes straight to jail.”
    Uto-uto pala itong new LTO chief. Nadale siya ng lumang tugtugin. Paano kung fake yung TVR?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    baka naman talagang natuwa lang sya.

Pero grabe talaga dyan sa Tayuman na yan at ginagawa nilang terminal yung kalye na yan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Me...id=20080211141

eto pa.... fixers naman...

Fixers mistake new LTO chief for driver’s license applicant

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Newly installed Land Transportation Office (LTO) chief Alberto Suansing was accosted twice yesterday by fixers offering to facilitate the processing of his driver’s license.

When Suansing got out of his vehicle at the LTO branch on P. Tuazon street in Cubao, Quezon City, a man approached him and asked him if he wants to renew or apply for a driver’s license.

“He told me that for a P1,000 fee he can facilitate the release of my license,” Suansing told reporters during the Kapihan ng Bayan news forum at Sulo hotel in Quezon City.

He told the man to accompany him to the office but the still unidentified fixer ran away and alerted other fixers in the area.

Upon reaching the LTO’s central office on East Avenue, Suansing was welcomed by a crowd of fixers who offered their services as soon as he stepped out of his car.

An irate Suansing personally drove away the fixers, who ran to a nearby vacant lot.

Following the two incidents, Suansing immediately ordered a crackdown on all fixers in LTO offices nationwide.

He directed the installation of surveillance camera at the entrance of the office to personally monitor the presence of fixers.

“I will personally drive them away if they return,” Suansing said. – Perseus Echeminada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12