New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    A stupid solution to a simple problem.

It's really just the enforcement of traffic rules that's the biggest problem. Kung bawal, bawal. No exceptions. Kahit private or public. Lalo na mga public. At tsaka mga public. Idagdag mo pa mga public. Siyempre, wag kakalimutan mga public.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redeemed View Post
    so, yan yung naging solution nila!? ba't di na lang kasi linisin talaga lahat ng colorum PUV, strict implementation ng traffic rules, if gusto nilang tulungan si P-Noy. mas lalong matratraffic dyan.
    I agree with your solution

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Magwang wang nalang kasi siya ....
    Ok nga kahit hinde siya mag wang wang para ma observahan niya ano mga problema natin motorist in terms of traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    What they should do is remove some U-turns slots since the traffic lights are already there to accommodate those turning left and doing U-turns.

Just curious though. What made you guys correlate the new traffic lights to Aquino? Did he specifically asked for those lights or something? I think I may be missing something here.
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    For me alisin nalang ang u-turn slot and install intelligent traffic light system. Alam ninyo yun may mga sensors that monitors the flow of traffic and volume of vehicles. Alam ko before that guy from marikina implemented the u-turn slot policy in place na ito in some areas like quezon ave. I wonder why it was shelved.
    SUper agree on this one. Like sa Subic..
    If they can do it on Subic why not in Metro Manila.. Kakahiya talong talo tayo ng province..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    More like ginawa ito with him in mind because of his policy. Dati wala ito, last week lang nagkaroon. Since he comes from Times Street. If traffic is backed up going to Manila, he should turn left at Quezon Ave-Araneta Ave.(note: there is only direction with a left turn) from there go all the way to Ramon Magsaysay and straight to JP Laurel. If traffic is light, he takes Espana-Lacson. If there were no left turn, malayo iikutan niya going to JP Laurel. Espana can be hell since this route also goes to Quiapo. Taking left at Lacson (note: this is the only direction with a left turn also), he can go straight toward Nagtahan-JP Laurel.
    Actually, if he takes Lacson from Espana, he ought to turn right at any of the (non-one-way) streets from Espana, going to PIY Margal, then turn left at Lacson. Tama na ang pagpapanggap na sumusunod sa traffic rules, yun pala papalitan lang muna ang mga rules para sumunod. I'm sorry, but artifice makes me very angry.

Bayani's U-turn has lessened traffic congestion due to the left-turners at intersections (am old enough to have travelled QAv for the longest time). The removal of left turns at Espana dates back many many years and has also vastly improved traffic (yes, sirs, improved na po itong klaseng ito). I agree though that the U-turn areas could be made safer.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gandalfthegray View Post
    Actually, if he takes Lacson from Espana, he ought to turn right at any of the (non-one-way) streets from Espana, going to PIY Margal, then turn left at Lacson. Tama na ang pagpapanggap na sumusunod sa traffic rules, yun pala papalitan lang muna ang mga rules para sumunod. I'm sorry, but artifice makes me very angry.

Bayani's U-turn has lessened traffic congestion due to the left-turners at intersections (am old enough to have travelled QAv for the longest time). The removal of left turns at Espana dates back many many years and has also vastly improved traffic (yes, sirs, improved na po itong klaseng ito). I agree though that the U-turn areas could be made safer.
    I'd rather see them implement the Rotondas at Timog, Espana and the EDSA end.

They've removd the U-Turns on C5, and everything is much smoother. Simply: force everyone to U-Turn under the overpasses... lessens snarling at the chokepoints where people cut across at the U-Turns.

Q.Ave is now simply too wide for them to implement U-Turns effectively (like Commonwealth... the U-Turn slots there are dangerous).

Espana is another question. I agree... left turns there won't do much good... and thank God they haven't messed it up with U-turns. I used to commute there all the time in the 80's and 90's, and it often took hours to get past the Forbes-Espana intersection. And it still takes forever... not because of left-turn/no-left-turn/u-turn issues... but because there are thousands of trucks that are trying to get to the NLEX going through here. And there's no way to widen the road anymore.

----

Oh, on another note... I do hope people stop blaming P.Noy for the changes in traffic signals. They've re-implemented left-turns at some places along EDSA, too. Finally. That no-left turn policy at the Crame underpass was complete bollocks... as it forced people to go right at EDSA and U-Turn (which causes traffic) or go straight through Crame and U-Turn (which causes more traffic).

The return of left-turns and the phasing out of U-turns is probably more down to the change of management at the MMDA than anything else.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Left Turn Signals for Noynoy