New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    muntik na ako mahul dyan,asa inner lane ako kakaliwa sana ako kaso may nakita ako na nakaabang pagtawid so ginawa ko u utrn nalang ulit sa mirriam hehe

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sp*rk View Post
    slightly OT

been thinking about this and not sure if this can help solve the traffic in that area

from this

Attachment 33105

to this

Attachment 33106

basically it transfers the u-turn slot going to UP Town for vehicles coming from UP/Balara at the intersection of CP Garcia and Katipunan

* vehicles using the u-turn slot will have a bigger space to maneuver (those who use the current u-turn slot know how difficult it is, not to mention vehicles coming from Ateneo/Miriam seldom yield to you)
    * get to make use of the unused road and you are not blocking any traffic with the u-turn divider since the preceding lane from Ateneo/Miriam are used for u-turn as well.
    * better merging of traffic for vehicles using the u-turn slot and vehicles coming from Ateneo/Miriam

what do you guys think? what disadvantages do you see? maybe there are things that i'm missing that's why the MMDA hasn't implemented this.
    with the current break in the island, u-turners will do a u-turn at any time, then gradually drive to the right, alternating with oncoming traffic, to enter the mall parking. this is what i do when i go there.
    with your proposal, i envision that many u-turners will not do a true, tight u-turn as we envision it. instead, they will make a very lazy u-turn, almost a left turn, so's their passengers can alight in front of the mall entrance. it might generate more traffic. also, they can u-turn only when the light is in their favor.
    but i might be wrong. trying it out is perhaps the only "let's find out" solution.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 21st, 2016 at 02:09 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwinlou View Post
    muntik na ako mahul dyan,asa inner lane ako kakaliwa sana ako kaso may nakita ako na nakaabang pagtawid so ginawa ko u utrn nalang ulit sa mirriam hehe
    Kelan yan? Ibig sabihin talagang di pa din inaayos ng mga kaibigan nateng MMDA. Tsk tsk tsk.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Pics taken 06 Sept 2016

Di ko nakita kung merong signage dun sa footbridge mismo.

[apologies for poor quality, mabilis ko kinuhanan gawa madilim at baka meh kawatan]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123