New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Im not sure but I've been helped by MMDAs too. Actually, i didn't know how to react, should i give money? But my worry is it might be insulting because it means i assumed that they're just helping for money.

I usually thank them. Ang give them a sincere smile.

Same with Police and Militarymen.

It's not right to generalize all these people. Some are working honestly and it would be unfair to them to be tagged as antagonists when they have nothing to do with the wrongdoings of their fellows.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    My opinion is, they do more bad than good. So parang pointless to give them "kudos", knowing that they do other malicious stuff. Probably much more than they do good ones. It's like giving kudos to a carnapper for returning your side mirrors (medyo extreme, I know). The good that they do simply pales in comparison.
    It is not pointless to acknowledge the good they do, for oftentimes, in their situation, personal integrity and pride is all they have going for them. To be acknowledged with a simple thank you or a smile can be enough encouragement for some of them to continue their good deeds.

And if enough of them continue to do good deeds, perhaps some of us will end up being less critical of them.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Based on experience, konting bola lang and courteousness sa mga MMDA personnel na yan abswelto ka na sa traffic violations.

I think gusto rin nila na kahit paano ginagalang sila and pinupuri ( binobola ).

For several occasions , I was apprehended due to several offense like color coding, pagliko sa No U-Turn pero I was able to get away w/o my license being confiscated or absolutely walang lagay. Pakikita ko lang sa kanila na I am admitting my mistakes humbly and very apologetic na may halong bola and that's it abswelto na ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    Based on experience, konting bola lang and courteousness sa mga MMDA personnel na yan abswelto ka na sa traffic violations.

I think gusto rin nila na kahit paano ginagalang sila and pinupuri ( binobola ).

For several occasions , I was apprehended due to several offense like color coding, pagliko sa No U-Turn pero I was able to get away w/o my license being confiscated or absolutely walang lagay. Pakikita ko lang sa kanila na I am admitting my mistakes humbly and very apologetic na may halong bola and that's it abswelto na ko.
    Yes, this is true. Matutuwa din naman sila if we treat them nicely and be courteous to them. Usually they react in the same way.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    MMDA: Sa pagkakataon na iyon, at sa inyong aksyon,- saludo ako sa inyo!

Nawa'y marami pang pagkakataong matulungan ninyo ang mga Pilipino!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    On the other hand, from another perspective. some law enforcers would see a stalled vehicle as an "obstruction" and a traffic violation.

You are fortunate that they were there and chose to wear a good samaritan hat.

Biyaya rin sa iyo yun sa magandang asal ginawa mo in the past.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    swordsman: Ehem. We really don't need names now, do we? Yes you have a point, we all have infringed the law one way or another. Pero what I'm trying to say is wala namang 100% pure evil na MMDA/MAPSA/MAPA. They all have their good and bad sides. Minsan mabait sila at hindi mangongotong, minsan naman pag miryenda time..... Alam mo na. Again, nasa tiyempo lang yan. My opinion is, they do more bad than good. So parang pointless to give them "kudos", knowing that they do other malicious stuff. Probably much more than they do good ones. It's like giving kudos to a carnapper for returning your side mirrors (medyo extreme, I know). The good that they do simply pales in comparison.
    Bry, again, generalization. If that's how you'll judge these people, then you really do need names. You might find your sidemirrors in your face(extreme din) if you judged the wrong guy.

And i hope you're not a trial court judge

But then, sabi mo nga..."My opinion..."..so, ehem, i respect that.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    "kudos" daw sabi ni sirkosero! kaya ok yan. since may ginawang mabuti si mmda casimiro et al, purihin natin. palakpakan pa. pag may ginawang mali at nakita natin, dun natin banatan.

in this case, stick tayo sa kudos. congrats sa kanila!!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper View Post
    Kudos to the MMDA pips..

pero kanina sa balita.. binatikos na naman si BF..

sya raw may kasalanan kung bakit nagbaha na naman sa MM.

anak ng tokwang naman haha..

Totoo pala sinabi ng mommy ko abot tuhod daw baha loob ng Sm north.
    grabe, dapat yung mga politicians na bumabatikos kay BF ang sisihin sa baha.. kung d dahil sa pag konsinte nila sa mga squatters, d magbabaha sa MM. isipin at tignan nyo nalang kung gaano na kakipot mga estero natin dahil sa mga squatters. sa recto nalang, yung mga estero dun, kwento ng tatay ko dati ang lawak daw nun, ngayon kung titignan mo ang kitid nalang.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
    marami naman talaga na commendable ang performance ng MMDA personnel at meron konting rotten eggs. Kaya lang ito ang madalas na headnews.
    To does performing good jobs, keep the good works.
    That's why I thought of the thread "List that nice guy who you saw on the road today" so as to commend the good motorist or person we've shared the road with rather than cussing those rotten apples making them standout in a basket filled with good ones...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
kudos to mmda personnel at edsa Q.ave!