1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Aileen View Post
    OWes? effective ba toh? hehe
    Works for me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yves188 View Post
    Good news, I would like to commend the staff in city hall which handles complains for traffic violations. Ms Zai and their head Mr. Tan and two other guys who helped us, will post their names if I can get it from the driver. There is justice after all.

I went there and told my story and they were all understanding, in fact they were very supportive of me and asked me to file a formal complaint.

I guess there's hope yet for our country. Also The Mtpb who got d license deliberately didn’t submit it to city hall, trying to delay us more, since he know we're leaving for the province tom. but through the help of the city hall people, they looked for him and when the mtpb chief said he was on day off, they found a way to reach him, so he has to surrender the license asap. And he did.

We decided to just pay the fine and not contest it, due to the reason we are leaving later at 4am, hearing starts in 2pm, but through mr.tan's proffesionalism I think anybody who complaints will be given fare trial.

I now change my stand, if you get in a situation where you know your right and some mtpb guy harrass and apprehends you, get the ticket and contest it, don’t argue with him anymore, waste of effort. cityhall has really good people there to help you, and I have a good feeling you'll be heard fairly.ü
    Galing! :D this makes me feel good about paying my taxes

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [quote=meledson;977599]

Haba ng usapan, mamamasko na lang daw sila. "Magkano ba" sabi ng MMDA, pinakita ko ang 100."piso lang, dagdagan nyo naman" Naging 200 tuloy. 650 daw kasi ang fine sa violation ko. Pinalagay sa plastic na lalagyan ng lisensya na galing sa LTO. Siguro para di halata na may pera.

quote]

same style ng makati traffic police. next time nga maglalagay na ako ng fake na bills para sa mga buwaya na yan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    [quote=Aileen;976321]
    Quote Originally Posted by yves188 View Post
    I just had the worst experience with this new set of kotong MTTD or MTD?, I'm not even sure if they're cops.

after about 12 hours of travel coming from the province, we were then at the taft vito cruz crossing, our car was right at the middle lane, we signaled to turn right to harrison but haven't turned yet, coz apparently we were called to the side by the this MTD guy, my driver was so stupid he gave his license right away, without even asking for his violation.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im from vito cruz taft ave, and madalas akong dumadaan sa road na yan.. to tell you honestly SWERVING talaga ang ginawa ng driver mo, kc nasa middle lane pala kayo, bawal tlaga dahil if sa may harrison kayo magpupunta sa right lane dapat kc middle lane para sa mga cars going to buendia/makati. so medyo delikado tlaga if bigla kayong mag right turn dahil yung mga car na nasa likod at gilid nyo eh puro straight ahead. May point din yung police, well just learn from it nalang.
    aileen,

hi would just like to know our definition of swerving (in this scenario)? so, whenever u want to turn right, you must ONLY be on the rightmost lane at all times?

how about in the ff places:
    1) estrada st right to taft ave (2 lanes occasionally turn right)
    2) ayala ave right to paseo
    3) san miguel ave right to shaw blvd
    4) roxas blvd right to UN ave, T.M. Kalaw and P. Burgos
    5) ayala ave right to makati ave (2 lanes allowed? not so sure)
    6) paseo right to buendia
    7) mckinley right to edsa
    8) makati ave right to paseo and vice versa
    9) ramon magsaysay right to araneta ave/san juan (in front of sm sta mesa)

and so on and so forth...

^^^ the above show similarities with the situation at hand. they both have similar road characteristics too! tnx. anyone may share their views!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    habang me naglalagay, patuloy ang ganyang klase ng korupsyon.
    kaya nasa atin padin yan kung gusto nating me mabago sa sistema natin.konting sakripisyo lang ang kailangan.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    kaya nasa atin padin yan kung gusto nating me mabago sa sistema natin.konting sakripisyo lang ang kailangan.
    +1
    All giving bribes does is encourage the corruption to continue. All Filipinos want a country that is not corrupt, but when the law is inconvenient for them to follow some are the first one to give bribes to expedite matters. The only way to change the system is one person at a time changing their bad habits.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    +1
    All giving bribes does is encourage the corruption to continue. All Filipinos want a country that is not corrupt, but when the law is inconvenient for them to follow some are the first one to give bribes to expedite matters. The only way to change the system is one person at a time changing their bad habits.
    while i agree with you, the problem with that thinking is that it makes the kotong cops appear as victims. if the people will offer bribes, it is the job and the responsibility of those in government not to accept them. why? precisely because they are in government. it is because they are in public office based on public trust. it is because they are supposedly the ones primarily responsible to enact our laws, not the first to break them.

the kotong cops are not the victims. to rationalize the idea of bribery because there are people offering bribes is wrong, and places the corrupt government official in a good light which they do not deserve. because they are in public office, then they should be subject to a higher moral order, not lower. its like saying na walang drug pusher kung walang bibili ng drugs.
    Last edited by smooth; December 29th, 2007 at 09:12 AM.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post

Tama ka VtEC.
    This BS must be stop. Wag kayong maglagay. Kung totoong may violation ka, then bayaran mo yong multa pero hindi sa kanila doon sa totoo. Kung magmumulta karin lang doon na sa tama. Tingnan natin kundi sila tumigil.

Corruption cannot be straigthen by another Corruption. If you tolerate corruption, then you corrupted yourselve(s) yan ang totoo.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    while i agree with you, the problem with that thinking is that it makes the kotong cops appear as victims. if the people will offer bribes, it is the job and the responsibility of those in government not to accept them. why? precisely because they are in government. it is because they are in public office based on public trust. it is because they are supposedly the ones primarily responsible to enact our laws, not the first to break them.

the kotong cops are not the victims. to rationalize the idea of bribery because there are people offering bribes is wrong, and places the corrupt government official in a good light which they do not deserve. because they are in public office, then they should be subject to a higher moral order, not lower. its like saying na walang drug pusher kung walang bibili ng drugs.
    I am not saying they are victims but if the cops ask you for a bribe and you go ahead and hand it to him then you are accepting the corruption in the system. The proper way to handle the matter is take the name and report him to his superiors. Now if you offer bribes because it isn't convenient for you to go to court/city hall to settle the ticket, you don't want to go through the proper procedure, or you feel you are above the law then the party offering the bribe is just as corrupt as the the corrupt official. If you feel the ticket is not warranted then there are procedures for you to follow to contest the ticket offering a bribe is not the solution.

I agree that government officials are held to a higher moral character. However, I also believe that government officials are also a reflection of the people they represent and if the people they govern are corrupt then the government will also be corrupt. After all government officials come from the public not from a special class of individuals separate from the public. You state that it's their job not to accept bribes but it is also your responsibility as a responsible citizen not to offer bribes and break laws. Would you offer bribes to a cop in the US, Canada, UK, Australia? If you say no then you shouldn't be doing it in your own country. Things will never change in the Philippines if it's citizens continue to rationalize the corruption by pointing at others to blame instead of looking in the mirror and asking what they have done to stop the cycle of corruption. I have experience it when I visit there and get asked by the Customs officials for money for coffee, cigs, etc. and I always ask to see their superior so that I can report them.

BTW if there is no demand for drugs then the pushers would go out of business and it wouldn't make sense to sell something that nobody would buy. So yes if there are no drug users there are also no drug pushers as the business wouldn't be profitable. The same thing with cars if you sold models that nobody would purchase then it wouldn't take long before you go out of business. Supply and demand, if there is no demand it doesn't matter how much supply you have it won't sell.
    Last edited by redorange; December 29th, 2007 at 08:05 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Just as you said, we must be at the right most lane to turn right and left most lane to turn left. But its very hard to follow this rule because :
    1) the right most lane or the left most lane is usually occupied by the puj and buses, they usually stop to pick up passengers at the corner of turning or used it as terminal even at the presence of the police , mmda or any traffic enforcers. Everyone of us knew the reasons why they tolerated it.
    2) the traffic enforcers instead of doing their duties to regulate traffic flows, they should be trained to conduct traffic instead hiding at the corner waiting to caatch a violator or worse invent traffic violations. Instead of wasting taxpayers money in hiring those kotong cops why not installed a camera in every corner. If you violated traffic rules as caught in the camera, you should pay your fine, The camera can also monitor the cops if they are doing their duties. It is also very helpful to determine who is at fault when accidents happen.
    3) Now is the time to start a crusade against this kotong cops, we must be united to lodge a complaint or report abuses . The more you bride them the more arrogant they wil be.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Kotong cops! - Maglagay Nalang even if you know your right.