New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    what my dad does is he introduces himself as a lawyer right away. the police officer wouldnt dare insist his stand when my dad starts contesting.. he'll just let my dad go. one time my dad turned right on a "no r-turn on red" and he talked his way out of it even if it he was a clear violation... my dad went" eh kasi anliit nung sign nyo at dapat ___ meters ang layo nyan mula sa corner.. etc etc.." man! lawyers are badass debaters

ive always wanted to try this but dont have the balls to back it up.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I also have same experience as yours but mine is in MAKATI, BUENDIA AVE CROSSING SOUTH SUPERHIGHWAY.When I was caught for allegedly beating the red light , when I argue with that Mapsa cop , He invented many violations iwithout my knowledge,I only knew it when I was about to redeem my license. I was fined 3t.I also filed a formal complaint but I paid the fine as you did because the tvr covers only metro manila but I travel to cavite and nearby provinces. The hearing is set about 3 wks after. So I was left with no choice but pay the fine which can not be refunded if I win the case.The kotong cop also deliberately delay the submission of my drivers license because I signed the tvr but indicated with protest. Even I paid the fine, I still proceeded with my protest in order to teach him a lesson , so that he wont do it to other driver again. But when the hearing time come, he did not appeared to my disappointment. I really want to confront him. By not appearing which means I won the case, but I . asked what sanction will be given to him by not submitting drivers on time and the invented violations. I was told that he will be denied for one week in issuing tvr. Which to my mind is too light for a penalty, I think he should be given a stiffer one for not attending which shows he has no respect for the presiding officer and be suspended or expelled from service.
    When I was redeeming my license, I came to know the apprehending got a commission of 20% commission of your fine and they are entitle to leave when they reach a certain quota. So be careful when in Makati , they will trap you and invent violations.
    Is this some sort of fund raising for the local govt and they tolerate those Kotong cop as their front.
    After Mayor Lim became mayor, the situation in Manila is like Makati. One time while I was traveling along Abad SAntos corner Bambang I think at stop position . When the traffic turned to go, I did not accelerate immediately , I waited about 4-5 seconds to make sure its clear before stepping on the gas, when I crossed the street , I was surprised to be flagged down by a MPTD, and asked what is my violation. He told me I was obstructing traffic because when the traffic light turned green I did not accelerate. This Mptd is very young at about 18 to 20 yrs old i guessed. At this very young age he is a Kotong cop already . NO wonder kotong cop becomes a profession.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    got victimized by these mptb in sampaloc and mmda along the stretch of the paco train terminal(somewhere near lacson?!).

For those instances, they got my meryenda money.. huhu... estudyante pa lang aku.

Guys, pag mmda ba, talagang sa "orense" ang claim ng lisensya? Or di naman talaga kailangan confiscate ang license?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ayaw nyo maglagay? Simple lang. Sabihin niyo mahirap makarating to kay [INSERT HIGH RANKING PNP OFFICIAL HERE], gusto nyo tawagan na natin ngayon.

Works all the time, bakit ka papayag na utakan ng mga pulis na yan.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CEREAL_KILLER View Post
    what my dad does is he introduces himself as a lawyer right away. the police officer wouldnt dare insist his stand when my dad starts contesting.. he'll just let my dad go. one time my dad turned right on a "no r-turn on red" and he talked his way out of it even if it he was a clear violation... my dad went" eh kasi anliit nung sign nyo at dapat ___ meters ang layo nyan mula sa corner.. etc etc.." man! lawyers are badass debaters

ive always wanted to try this but dont have the balls to back it up.
    This worked with me once. Buti na lang may subject pa ko nun about law, OBLIGATIONS AND CONTRANCTS pero may naka-sulat yata dun sa book na law. Pinakita ko lang yung book sabi ko mala-late ako sa class ko pinaalis ako agad hahaha

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    naku, knna pinara kme ng gnyan, no left turn daw eh wula naman sign diyos ko...

hehe wula sila nagawa... akala nila maloloko kme takot lang nila

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Kotong cops! - Maglagay Nalang even if you know your right.